Thread: TW Launcher problem

Default TW Launcher problem

Sorry if this is on the wrong board. So most of my TW collection is on Steam, but a couple years back TW Troy was made a freebie on Epic and I wasn't gonna say no to that. So the games work fine, the launcher works fine, only problem is the launcher (comes up with Rome Remastered and 3K via the Steam 'Play' button) doesn't see Troy. I imagine it's due to the different storefronts and quite possibly can't be worked around, but I figured I'd ask if there was a way.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: TW Launcher problem

Using the 'add non steam game to library' function doesn't see the game? Or it does but it doesn't show up in the steam library afterward?

I am not really familiar with that feature but I would presume that Steam starts the executable of Troy and that in turn request the Epic launcher, similar to what happens when you start a Steam game by double clicking it's exe.

Correct, using the add non-steam game function does not allow the TW launcher to see it, and does follow the process you noted above, ie calling the EGS app to actually handle the launching of the game.

Gonna poke around and see if maye there's a config file that can be edited for the launcher, but probably not.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I tried adding a non steam game and all the launcher sees are exe files, no surprise there. Haven't got Troy or any other Epic game installed at the moment but there might be a chance that they not using an exe?

But I am fairly sure that even that will default to activating the epic launcher before starting the game - it's basically the replacement of the usual copy protection.

It's gotta be the different storefronts. What I noticed is that the launcher is aware of games that I own (on Steam) but haven't installed (the presence of an 'install' button in place of 'buy now' or 'play'), so I guess the launcher is tied to Steam in some way. In any case, it's probably not worth worrying over anymore at this point.