Thread: Cap agent

Default Cap agent

Hey, everybody.
    After the 2017 update was released, CA made it so that players can't poach enemy agents to their side over the limit. https://www.totalwar.com/blog/empire...-politics-faq/
    I know there are mods that disable agents, but I want and am willing and ready to fight them all over my state, but I am woefully short of 2-3 agents to cover the entire territory. Especially when there are several hostile countries around and each sends their agents just to spite the future enemy.

I've tried increasing the agent limit in section
    db - fame_levels_tables - Dei_fame_levels
    but found that this also affects the AI, which in turn increases agent spam. I need to make it so that I have a monopoly on the number of agents. I'm not going to make myself an army of agents, but I would like to have a numerical advantage of 2-3 spies.
    I tried to find a mod that brings back the mechanics of luring agents over the limit as before the update, but the attempt was unsuccessful. Also, I'm not sure if Dei even allows you to poach agents at all. Personally, it didn't work for me.

So I wondered if it's possible to increase the limit with building effects.
    I tried to find the right build bonus on my own, but got lost in the sheer number of them.
    Please help me.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Cap agent

you can use the "3c_tech_agent_cap_mod" effect
    can't remember if there are effects for specific agents, try to snoop around, if you need that

you can build a custom "campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables" table where you assign negative values to AI only
    or write a lua script if you want a deeper customization

join dei discord if you need more assistance
    Divide et Impera: https://discord.gg/Wez6GSY
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; January 10, 2024 at 05:41 AM.