Thread: Help Wanted: Ice and Fire Total War

Default Help Wanted: Ice and Fire Total War

Hello,

I am one of the mod leads on Ice and Fire: Total War, a total conversion mod for M2 Kingdoms, for the A Song of Ice and Fire Series by George RR Martin.

The goal was not to create one single mod but rather a template that could be used to craft all manners of scenarios in the setting, with fully fungible components.

This passion project began some years ago, and while I would not say I resent any of the work done and the things learned, it is to my immense regret that the project has not come to ultimate fruition. Real life comes first, but it has also hamstrung this endeavor, seemingly indefinitely. My co-lead has gone dark to deal with more pressing personal concerns, and everyone who has ever offered to help has, to be blunt, flaked. I cannot do this alone.

It would be supremely shallow to say that failing to make a game mod was the worst thing that ever happened to anyone. But I can't pretend that it the way the mod has stalled out is not a massive disappointment.

I come here now to ask for help from anyone interested. I am sitting on some years of work and thought. A fully functional if not perfected roster is done. An exactingly detailed map plan. A building roster (coded). All the coding for the 30 factions lined up.

I can do and have done any and all text based work required. I am a project manager by training and trade though, not a graphic designer or modeler. My number one need is a map, and visual work in general. Even rudimentary skill with photoshop (or equivalent) is enough.

I have extensively worked in milkshape to make unit meshes, and am well versed in that as well.

If there is anyone interested, please feel free to comment here or DM me. This would ultimately have to run through Discord.

Any help will be appreciated, and all will receive full credit for whatever contributions they make.

Thank you for your consideration. Let me know if you have any questions.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help Wanted: Ice and Fire Total War

I am retired from active modding but feel free to contact me in matters of scripting and mapping.

Well, thank you.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries