Thread: focus attacking in formation

Default focus attacking in formation

When my units are grouped in formation and ordered to attack, they attack nearest enemy units instead of the target. How can I order them to focus on a single target?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: focus attacking in formation

Often a unit would have to pass close by an enemy unit to reach the intended target when ordered in that manner and then would get decimated as it would try to move instead of defending themselves. Directing a number of your units to attack a single target also results in a highly inefficient 'blob' as they will converge.
    Rather give individual attack commands, even if you have pause the game shortly to do so.

Default Re: focus attacking in formation

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Often a unit would have to pass close by an enemy unit to reach the intended target when ordered in that manner and then would get decimated as it would try to move instead of defending themselves. Directing a number of your units to attack a single target also results in a highly inefficient 'blob' as they will converge.
    Rather give individual attack commands, even if you have pause the game shortly to do so.
    I often use focus attack for cavalry charges and archers. For infantry I give individual attack commands.