Thread: How can I get the internal name of a characters ?

Default How can I get the internal name of a characters ?

Hello,

I'm currently trying to create a system intended to limit to one, two or more characters a same office at the same time. For exemple, as during the roman republic there was only two consul per year, I would like to limit it to two characters max.

In order to manage to do this, I have think to use an ancillary based system. After the election, the ancillaries are removed via a script that check all the possible romans internal names (fortunatly, they are not very numerous).

But, I encounter a problem with saved games. When I load a saved game, the internal name of some of my characters change, especially when I have two FM with nearly the same internal name.

For exemple, there is the case of Manivs Cvrivs Dentatvs (internal name : Manivs Romanvs) and Manivs Valerivs Maximvs (internal name : ManivsA Romanvs). When I saved the game and load it Manivs Valerivs Maximvs change of internal name (the ManivsA Romanvs internal name doesn't work after the load). But I don't manage to find his new internal name. He only get a known internal name (Manivs Romanvs) after the death of Manivs Cvrivs Dentatvs.

Is there a way to know what is the internal name of a character ?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: How can I get the internal name of a characters ?

The e_select_character command might provide a workaround:

monitor_event CharacterTurnStart HasAncType [the type (not name!) of the ancillary]
    e_select_character
    console_command remove_ancillary [ancillary name] this
    end_monitor