Thread: Divide & Conquer - Campaign doesn't start

Icon4 Divide & Conquer - Campaign doesn't start

I'm editing a region in the mod Divide & Conquer which is a submod for TATW. Whenever I press the War of the Ring campaign (imperial_campaign) the game just boots me back to the campaign selection menu. I can't figure out what the issue is. The files I changed were:
    - map_regions
    - map_ground_types

I made sure that all pixels are their respective and correct RGB codes, made sure that there is no port and only a city (landlocked), and otherwise did not edit any db entries (didn't rename anything). I tried using geomap to help me out but it doesn't really tell me there's something wrong. My system.log also does not directly reference the files that I touched.

All of the db entry errors were already present before I edited the files and do not have any impact on the functionality of the game. The issue only appeared after I moved stuff around

system.log.txt

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Divide & Conquer - Campaign doesn't start

The first thing I would do, is check the brackets {} of the various buildings and settlements to make sure I didn't mess up something.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Are you saying it kicks you back to the main menu when you press the start button in the faction selection menu? If so, the issue is almost certainly in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt. If you made edits to region borders in map_regions.tga, my guess would be that the coordinates of a fort or watchtower defined in descr_strat are now located in a different region. This type of issue will show up in the log if you are using...

Code:
    [log]
    level = *script* trace
    ... in your mod's .cfg file. Aside from fort/watchtower coordinates, there are a number of syntax errors you can make in descr_strat that result in a kick back to the main menu including supplying a name for a character_record that doesn't exist in names.txt and etc. A less common issue that can result in the menu kick is calling a religion that doesn't exist in descr_mercenaries.txt.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Looks like this might be the culprit (CTM = descr_strat error):

Script Error in mods/Divide_and_Conquer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1154, column 12
    could not create settlement at script line 1154

Possibly related to the change in descr_regions. Did you delete map.rwm for the ground type changes to take effect?

Another candidate is this one:
    Script Error in mods/Divide_and_Conquer/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Shattered_Alliances/descr_strat.txt, at line 3231, column 1
    Could not create(Stoor Hunters) from the unit database.
    Script Error in mods/Divide_and_Conquer/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Shattered_Alliances/descr_strat.txt, at line 3231, column 1
    Unable to create new army