Thread: On turn 26 as Syracuse, Carthage has a grand total of two armies with 13 units between them.

Default On turn 26 as Syracuse, Carthage has a grand total of two armies with 13 units between them.

This is really the only problem with DeI. I'm a veteran, but Carthage especially DESPERATELY needs a Rome-style script, or better several of them, that spawns full stacks periodically when they're at war. The AI cannot handle having a spread out empire in Africa, Sicily and Sardinia. Egypt and the Seleucids at least build armies even if they use them badly, but the epic struggle I want against them as Syracuse is just completely absent. They're utterly inert.

Dresden, I beg you, adiuvame, o amice!

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: On turn 26 as Syracuse, Carthage has a grand total of two armies with 13 units between them.

Rome does not get free armies when they are at war, only when someone is attacking Italy and only once in 20 turns. Carthage I think also gets same defence script for free army.

And Carthage does build a lot of armies but even giving them 10 free armies would not fix it. Even now their mutliple full stacks often just cant decide where to go due to how their lands are placed on the map.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Default Re: On turn 26 as Syracuse, Carthage has a grand total of two armies with 13 units between them.

Yeah, I hear ya Kam. It's frustrating but I suppose there's no real fix to it. I'll just avoid them and hope they build up their strength.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

maybe a civil war script

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Whenever I play as Syracuse Carthage has unlimited armies by about turn 20 or so... Usually I focus on taking out Rome, but by the time I turn towards Carthage I am getting invaded almost every turn. Are you sure that some of their armies aren't at sea? They seem to keep a number of armies in seaborne invasion mode when I play them.

Some changes we are currently testing for next patch:

- Both Seleucids & Carthage will be getting a bonus to attacking autoresolve vs minor factions (like Rome has)
    - Carthage will have forced good relations with neighbors in africa when AI

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Where are people getting that Carthage somehow can't defend itself? They do have a hard time defending Iberia (which is somewhat historically accurate) but their core provinces they defend just fine. On VH as Epirus they flood the western Mediterranean with with both army and navy stacks and I can barely hold on to Sicily. I don't think they need anymore help. That being said while I wouldn't mind seeing the Seleucids getting a bit more help, I am generally wary of the idea of forcing the historical superpowers of the era to be super strong the entire game (other than Rome of course) and completely invincible to anyone but the player (again, other than Rome). I mean historically these factions declined during the period anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Some changes we are currently testing for next patch:

- Both Seleucids & Carthage will be getting a bonus to attacking autoresolve vs minor factions (like Rome has)
    - Carthage will have forced good relations with neighbors in africa when AI
    That sounds fantastic!
    Testing might show otherwise but I do feel Chartage just gets into a constant bind being at war with so many african factions. In my Rome campaigns Chartage have even been more hard pressed because they alone are at war with them and not their vassals. Probably because the vassals peace out with them after a vassals stack is wiped and they only got their tiny settlement left. I got games where Chartage is at war with like 8 factions + me as Rome. The most fun games I have is when they aren't at war with the africans but fight in Iberia. Meanwhile their vassals send stack after stack against Sicily, giving Rome an urgent need for a strong navy. I really love those moments, of course, it requires me to actively avoid sniping Quarth Hadast as its garrison is very weak, staying on a lvl 3 main settlement (with a poor garrison) for the whole relevant part of ones campaign. But that aside, the punic wars is really the best part for me when playing Rome or Chartage. Especially when I handicap myself and go the historic route.
    Last edited by userstupidname; May 28, 2021 at 07:05 AM.