Thread: Rome Remastered - Modding Info on the Wiki

Default Rome Remastered - Modding Info on the Wiki

I've started a page here: Total War: Rome Remastered - Modding

Currently, it covers a little bit of everything, hence posting in misc. We're hoping this will be expanded into separate sections when we have more detail.

Please feel free to help out adding information!

Default Re: Rome Remastered - Modding Info on the Wiki

This is fantastic! Very helpful, indeed

cpdwane's Avatar Domesticus

Thanks for putting this together

-- new opitonal attribute that create diversification of units appearance (consider optional as not all units need define this attribute)

--- "ethnicity <faction>, <home_region>, (opt)<don't_allow_mixed>, (opt)<don't_allow_regional>, (opt)<don't_allow_custom>" (could have more than 1 type of each units based on faction ownership or where you recruit, home region is based on "descr_unit_variation.txt")
    Thi sounds like it could be very useful for modding purposes, by allowing us to add extra variation in units appearance based on where on the map they are recruited (I assume this is what it's implying?) Will be interesting to see the full implications of this.

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________

Those text file differences are something Suppanut is looking at and adding to the page at the moment, it's looking like a useful way of spotting alterations/possibilities.

I think there was a blog/post/video somewhere around about the ethnic variations based on recruitment... I have no-idea where though! If anyone finds that or similar with concise explanations of the new moddable features it would be useful to link to

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thank you, that is very helpful!

Is there any documentation about scripting changes? I tried to implement 4tpy exactly as it was in the old days, but it doesn't actually change the number of turns. Did feral provide anything or is it guesswork?

I think so far it's a bit of trial and error to see what works! AFAIK it's meant to do everything old RTW did, but hasn't necessarily added any M2 style additional capabilities.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Keep it up, guys! I keep my fingers crossed! Even if I'm not going to mod the RTW:R, I'm looking forward to the mods making it more adjusted to our tastes!
    JoC

can you make like detailed tutorial with images how to port map from original to remaster, cause i dont even know how to start that program called iwte or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by nightvvisher View Post
    can you make like detailed tutorial with images how to port map from original to remaster, cause i dont even know how to start that program called iwte or anything...
    If we get the released version of IWTE (or anything else) to automate parts of the process, yes I will... at the moment though if you need a different shaped map and want what you see on the campaign map to look like it, you'd need to do some fairly complex 3d modelling and texturing operations by hand.

If you just want to check you can get the base files working for a new campaign map you can use my mesh nerfing thing so you don't see a mesh, just a flat plane

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    If we get the released version of IWTE (or anything else) to automate parts of the process, yes I will... at the moment though if you need a different shaped map and want what you see on the campaign map to look like it, you'd need to do some fairly complex 3d modelling and texturing operations by hand.

If you just want to check you can get the base files working for a new campaign map you can use my mesh nerfing thing so you don't see a mesh, just a flat plane
    so i take files from mesh nerf and put them in my mod folder? is it possible to do that resizing in gimp or paint.net somehow, or maybe if possible if you could make in couple of days that mesh nerfer for map size of 10,16x6,19 cm or in pixels 384x234 i think many mods use that map as i took it from mundus magnus elite and in files i saw that its made for rome total history

so i take files from mesh nerf and put them in my mod folder?
    yep or you should just be able to run it from the launcher as an add-on mod

is it possible to do that resizing in gimp or paint.net somehow, or maybe if possible if you could make in couple of days that mesh nerfer for map size of 10,16x6,19 cm or in pixels 384x234 i think many mods use that map as i took it from mundus magnus elite and in files i saw that its made for rome total history
    I'm actually working on a proper meshed version of Mundus Magnus - mesh still has a way to go, but I should be able to release a version with proper sized frame and one flat layer for people to use as a base

I think for the actual nerfer, that is meant to be flexible, it would be better if I made the flat plane up to 510 x 510 (which is max possible size atm in theory) then people can add map_ground_types or whatever they want displayed on the plane to bottom left corner at whatever 384x234 size or whatever and it should scale to the right place...

EDIT: actually nope using the mesh nerfer for the larger sized map seems to break something that just having the wrong (original) mesh in doesn't - will try some alternatives

yep or you should just be able to run it from the launcher as an add-on mod

I'm actually working on a proper meshed version of Mundus Magnus - mesh still has a way to go, but I should be able to release a version with proper sized frame and one flat layer for people to use as a base

I think for the actual nerfer, that is meant to be flexible, it would be better if I made the flat plane up to 510 x 510 (which is max possible size atm in theory) then people can add map_ground_types or whatever they want displayed on the plane to bottom left corner at whatever 384x234 size or whatever and it should scale to the right place...

EDIT: actually nope using the mesh nerfer for the larger sized map seems to break something that just having the wrong (original) mesh in doesn't - will try some alternatives
    ok, ill guess ill wait for you to make everything that we need, btw do you know did feral stated anywhere that they will give us some modding tools and did you tested settlment limit, can it go above 200 now?
    i mean before release they said they that they have lifted all engine limits, but then they said that they didnt lift faction cap for example and no one said anything about settlement limit or map size and other hardcoded limits...

ok, ill guess ill wait for you to make everything that we need, btw do you know did feral stated anywhere that they will give us some modding tools and did you tested settlment limit, can it go above 200 now?
    i mean before release they said they that they have lifted all engine limits, but then they said that they didnt lift faction cap for example and no one said anything about settlement limit or map size and other hardcoded limits...
    I think they said they were going to try and lift a lot of the hardcoded limits, after release... so not yet. And they did definitely mention tools, though not a lot of detail, my summary of the Q&A they gave on discord is here: https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...ds_and_Modding

I think they said they were going to try and lift a lot of the hardcoded limits, after release... so not yet. And they did definitely mention tools, though not a lot of detail, my summary of the Q&A they gave on discord is here: https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...ds_and_Modding
    ok, thank you for all the information