Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

louigi's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

holy sh what is happenning, when i finished the install i started the mod through the setup and it worked( there were no boxed checked for any of the additional campaign/AI stuff choices. then I exited and started again but i suddenly HAD to choose between some of these choices. but now when i want to start the game suddenly it's ' unable to locate kingdoms file', WTF???

louigi's Avatar Foederatus

nvm, i ran the ss launcher as administrator and for some reason it works now

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

...the folder says 6.3 instead of 6.4??!
    And here you see why mods should not have their version number in the folder name (which your every user doesn't even see): to keep an updated version number there would require a full install of the mod every time - and you would end up with numerous version installed.
    Realizing that updates here got installed into the old version numbered folder.

There is a 7.0 version (stand alone) in the works: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ease-this-year
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 18, 2024 at 12:19 AM.

Hi Gigantus, first of all thank you for making this, I love ss 6.4 and this is a nice and easy way to download it with the bugfixes included.

I have one main problem with my game though and that is that scripted armies don't spawn. The Mongol invasion does not happen and the Teutonic Order don't spawn either. (when playing an early era campaign) I didn't check if the Timurids and Bulgarian rebelion don't happen either but I assume it's the same for them. it does show the even message like the one saying a new threat from the east for the Mongols.

There are some other small issues that I don't care about but might have something to do with the main one. When I start an early era campaign it still says late era in the main menu, it still is an early era one when you play it. When I play a late campaign it does correctly say late era in the menu. Also when I have a campaign selected through the setup the save folder in the 6.3 mod folder will say the opposite. So if I select an early campaign it will say save_late and vice versa, no problems with the saves when playing though except that autosave doesn't work for some reason.

I don't really care about the minor issues but I would love it if there was a way to fix the main issue.

I started the launcher as executive and some things changed. It now correctly says the campaign in the main menu. Mongols and the Bulgarian rebelion do happen, but the Teutonic order still dont show up. And something I remembered while reading this thread, the popups like pirates and pirvateers and merchant fares don't happen either.

Blog Entries

Some events are specific to the era, eg they might happen in one era campaign but not the other.

Followed the instructions and installed the mod, but I get this message when I launch via ss_launcher.exe

EDIT: Fixed - I had a custom launch option entry which I removed.

Last edited by GG Magic; March 29, 2024 at 10:41 AM.

Blog Entries

It's the reason why one should not use the custom launch option - one tends to forget about it. Actually it is absolutely not necessary if the mod has a BAT (or exe in this case) file in it's root directory, all that is required is a desktop shortcut to make life easier..

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It's the reason why one should not use the custom launch option - one tends to forget about it. Actually it is absolutely not necessary if the mod has a BAT (or exe in this case) file in it's root directory, all that is required is a desktop shortcut to make life easier..
    Yeah good shout. I put in a custom entry to get the 7.0 to start up which worked, but I can't get the Godlike difficulty to autosave.

If you've played 7.0, can I ask what you recommend between 6.4 and 7.0?

Blog Entries

You should be able to force autosave by adding this entry in the [game] section of SS7's CFG file: auto_save = 1

I haven't really played 7.0 other then auto test runs so I can't really give recommendations.

Gigantus, I have just created a TWC log in to express my thanks for this post and this installer.

After years of playing crappy vanilla on my Mac, I just took the plunge and bought parralels and Windows 11 to play SS6.4. I am honestly blown away that there is still a community for this, and that your post and installer worked better than anything I remember when I used to play these games.

You have really made my week!

Blog Entries

Last edited by Gigantus; April 25, 2024 at 09:57 PM.