Thread: What are you devs working on these days?

Default What are you devs working on these days?

Hi yall,

Just wanted to see what your focus was at present -- I remember hearing about some roster expansions for ROTR a while back, and I just tried it for the first time in DeI. The tiny rosters really don't hold up well vs. the Grand Campaign right now, but the map is awesome and I think it has easily the most potential of any of the submod campaigns.

I also remember some talk about the Alexander campaign getting some retooling. Regardless, thanks as always -- your mod continues to give me endless joy.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: What are you devs working on these days?

ROTR: yep, I agree, the map is awesome. There are 2 different projects about that, don't really think they will come out soon at all, though.

ALEX: what would your advices be about Alexander?

Well, a small one for me personally -- it would be a delight to have an all factions playable submod for that one. I wouldn't mind messing around as Rome in a divided Italy or Syracuse in Sicily.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

The issue with Alexander is that a lot of the map is scripted or restricted due to the nature of the scenario. That is why there aren't many factions available.

Also I posted this in the download thread when asked but should apply here too:

Sure, we have some info posted on our Patreon page and discord quite often. But a general preview:

- New Media units and a new reform for that faction. New units for a couple other factions
    - New faction traits for most barbarian factions.
    - Reworked Change Capital button so it doesn't bug for many people and has a new location and its own button rather than using the encyclopedia button.
    - Fixes for the ancillary disappearing issue
    - Some more stuff

We hope to have a preview for Media soon and a public beta where everyone can try out the new changes.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Demosthenes26's Avatar Libertus

Really looking forward to see what you guys come up with in the next update!

There's definitely a load of potential in the ROTR map. I've been doing research on the cities of magna graecia in the time period with an eye on making unique hoplites etc for them, and got into the startpos side of things. CA did great in terms of what cities they placed on the map, but then got really lazy with making the factions. For example in Sicily they just split it into 3 factions controlling full provinces when that wasn't remotely the case. Just prior to the start of the campaign Syracuse had lost a war with Carthage as leader of the greek cities (the 2nd Sicilian war). Carthage controlled the western edge (Motya, panormos) of the island directly and had most of the greek cities/sicani (akagras, gela, Kephaladion, entella) as client states while those closest to Syracuse (messini, leontini, and the sicels) were forced to sign non-aggro pacts with both Syracuse and Carthage. Syracuse controlled Syracuse, Hybla herea, and Katane. Some of the client greek cities still hated carthage to varying degrees, but having just lost a war probably wouldn't rebel right away. So there could this really interesting starting situation where a Syracuse player has to thread a diplomatic needle of getting enough greek cities ready to rebel against carthage while consolidating territory locally (which due to treaties with Carthage would definitely lead to war again, as really happened with the 3rd Sicilian war in 398 bc)