Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Empires Version 1.15 Changelog

Default Ancient Empires Version 1.15 Changelog

After months of work, it is finally here. Ancient Empires version 1.15 is a milestone in the mod's development and we are very happy to announce it is finally playable to the public! Version 1.15 features new buildings, mechanics, hundreds of bug fixes, balancing improvements and even some new units! A huge thank you to every member of this community who has followed the mod's development and assisted with feedback, and a special thanks to all our testers who put in weeks of effort combined to iron out bugs. We're doing this for you guys.

Savegame Compatibility

- Incompatible with previous save games!

Full Patch Notes - In Progress

Buildings

• Rebalanced buildings for ALL factions
    • The building system is now one of synergy; in order to utilize the full potential of a particular building, you must develop related institutions
    • Construction costs are higher on average and scale non-linearly by tier, meaning return of investment over a short period of time is lower for end-tier buildings compared with early tiers
    • Maintenance scales, increasing non-linearly. Early tier buildings have overall low maintenance, that increases significantly towards top tier
    • Construction times are increased, with infrastructure taking several turns longer on average
    • Several buildings modify the construction parameters of other buildings, thus emphasizing a synergic relationship
    • Effects other than income have been completely reworked for almost every chain
    • Some new buildings for various established factions
    • All-new buildings for horde factions (unplayable in 1.15 but will be added in)
    • Latifundia/Estates are significantly more expensive than regular farms, but offer great income
    • Regular farms provide plenty of food, but very low income
    • Granaries 'convert' food into useful bonuses such as growth, replenishment and siege defense holdout time, while boosting income from all farms
    • Forums work as a modifier to base income sources, increasing trade income heavily and cultural/entertainment income moderately
    • Administrative buildings (e.g. Roman Curia, Publicani and Court) each tie into a particular Edict, significantly boosting its value
    • The building interface is less cluttered with effects and more to the point
    • Dozens of improved and new building icons
    • Generally shorter building descriptions for some factions, further reducing the 'cluttered' appearance in some places

Public Order

• Public order from Entertainment buildings is greater and decisive in province management
    • Public order from other sources have generally been decreased, with principally Administration as the second most significant building source
    • Penalties from native discontent have been reduced slightly
    • The dynamic nature of public order is preserved, but adopted into a smaller scale, meaning increments are smaller and thus both increasing or decreasing public order takes longer to develop
    • Characters still heavily influence public order through attributes and traits. Appointing good governors is key to maintaining order. Public order from some ancillaries and traits have been reduced

Government Offices

• New effects for Roman, Carthaginian, Hellenic and Eastern offices
    • The differences between offices are more pronounced
    • Fewer offices give political influence
    • Offices no longer give attribute points
    • Administrative salary added to each office, reflected as administrative costs (equivalent of corruption) factionwide

Misc changes

• MUSIC - Fix to cutting off sound that would happen to some soundtracks
    • Naval recruitment from ports takes several turns (up to 8) for most ships, based on tier
    • Ships are distributed evenly across port tiers, with military ports being clearly superior in providing all high-tier ships (generally quadremes and above)
    • The port interface is not cluttered
    • Land recruitment now takes several turns for most units (e.g. 1 for leves, 2 for hastati/principes, 3 for triarii, 4 for war elephants)
    • Virtually all land unit combat stats have been reworked, with the aim of improving balance and smoothening out glaring contrasts in quality from previous versions
    • Plagues/Diseases are less infectuous and require slightly higher squalor to occur
    • Garrisons in Iberia, Illyria, Rome, and other places are smaller (e.g. max 12 units for tier V city) and develop in a more interesting way
    • Siege defense attrition has been increased by 33% (from 15% to 20%)
    • Cost of siege engines (towers, ladders, rams) have been reduced, and the manpower per turn to construct these increased. This should solve an issue where the AI is reluctant to assault in siege battles despite great numerical superiority
    • More aggressive campaign AI - will be more opportunistic, take chances to attack enemy forces and commit to sieges
    • Campaign roads are now visible in all regions. Previously, roads were not visible until the 'Road' building had been constructed; now, this building merely changes the textures of the roads to reflect the upgrade
    • Price of some commodities altered. Fish price reduced by 33%
    • The duration and effectiveness of 'Occupation Bundles' (applied to armies and factions upon seizing new territory) have been moderated, with slightly reduced duration and slightly lower impact on trade
    • Bug fix to some effects from various sources that for different reasons did not work
    • Regional Effects completely reworked. 'Sparse' and 'Rural' regions are very difficult to develop and provide very few recruitable troops per turn, while due to limited infrastructure limit replenishment and increase attrition from natural sources. 'Urban' and 'Metropolitan' regions feature reduced cost of road infrastructure development and furthermore provide greater incomes from industry and trade, but less income from farms
    • Imperium now mainly confers penalties
    • Armies recruitable at imperium 1 increased 2 --> 3 and at imperium 2 from 3 --> 4. This should prevent situations where the AI is unable to muster troops due to not having any army in a province with either barracks or its capital
    • Balancing changes to Stances, Edicts and Political Power
    • Exemption from taxes now always improves public order, no matter if faction-wide taxes are set at low or high
    • Public order penalty from taxation increased (ties into the previous point)
    • A significant amount of buildings have been tied to technologies compared to earlier, and technologies now generally have more balanced effects and trade-offs where some effects are positive, and others negative
    • Characters now respond with voice commands when selected

Unit Recruitment

• Divided into three principal chains: Legionary Barracks, Auxiliary Barracks and Garrisons
    • Legionary Barracks can only be built in State-Owned settlements (referring to the main building). From these you can only recruit factional troops, e.g. Rome gets access to velites, hastati and triarii
    • Auxiliary Barracks can be built in most settlements (State-Owned, Independent etc). These open up recruitment of local AoR-troops, e.g. Rome gets access to Cohors Sociorum
    • Garrisons provide a limited selection of factional troops, instead of the full roster. They have higher maintenance than Legionary Barracks and additionally food upkeep
    • Each building has its own unique set of effects, emphasizing different function (e.g. Auxiliary Barracks improves the Assimilation Edict, while reducing discontent)
    • Particular building chains that were confusing to many players, e.g. Rome's 'Landed Grants --> Military Colony' have been removed. Legions are now recruited from Legionary Barracks
    • Units that could previously not be recruited for certain factions but were available in custom battles can now be recruited on the campaign, e.g. Syracusean units (Achaea), elephants (Baktria) etc

Characters

• Ancillaries should now never trigger for a 'non-receptive' faction (e.g. a Roman ancillary will not trigger for Carthage)
    • All ancillary triggers have been improved, with many being more situation-specific. Additionally, many ancillaries have new, more logical trigger conditions
    • Many updated effects and some updated descriptions/names for ancillaries
    • Over 25 new high-quality ancillary icons to breathe life into the characters
    • Trait effects have been rebalanced, with generally milder income bonuses from positive traits
    • Negative traits should trigger less frequently and/or in more specific context
    • Roman army traditions have seen effects rebalanced and made more meaningful. Some other minor updates to traditions for other factions
    • Spies are now recruitable. Can be recruited from Forum/Market (Roman/Hellenic/Eastern) or Entertainment (Barbarian) buildings
    • New character models and portraits for several Eastern and Hellenic factions

User Interface

• Frontend updates
    • Small updates to the Eastern UI
    • Reworked Ptolemaic UI
    • Redone unit cards for some factions, including Ptolemaic Egypt, Macedon

Startpos

• Reduced the starting territory of Rome by two regions; ceded to Iberian factions
    • Updated buildings for all factions on the map - several previously weak cultures are now able to pack a punch early on due to better infrastructure
    • Updated starting armies for most factions, and added in starting armies for many factions that previously lacked them
    • Most factions start off with smaller armies than before
    • New starting armies for Scipio and Hannibal prior to Zama
    • Fix of several former startpos bugs, notably missing buildings/buildings of wrong culture in Ptolemaic Egypt and the Seleucid Empire
    • Updated fertility; Egypt, Africa and other regions are now appropriately bountiful in terms of food
    • Added starting navies to Carthage, Rome and Ptolemaic Egypt
    • Added in Spies for all playable factions

Germanic and Celtic Cultures
    • Germanic cultures are playable in 1.15 and Celtic cultures will become playable shortly
    • Reworked all recruitment for these factions, moving many of their core units to farm and estate buildings
    • Added in new Education, Sanitation and Military Recruitment chains
    • Reworked technological effects and changed all icons

... more to be added

Known Bugs and Missing features in 1.15

• Baktrian Capital cannot be upgraded to level 2
    • Germanic technologies are not overhauled and do not tie into buildings yet
    • Some rebel factions are not added back (only affects a few specific geographical locations) due to stability issues - mainly some Eastern and Thracian/Dacian regions
    • Armenian names - updated but currently with a startpos issue that renders starting characters [NAMELESS] - candidates are fine though. Pending update
    • Spies are currently barebones - planning on adding in new traits and skills to flesh them out
    • Nabatea and Media - removed last minute due to a bug with offices and political power. Will be patched in ASAP
    • Recruitment is not completely redone for some factions. More units will be moved to farmlands and other peripheral buildings
    • Achaean/Greek capital garrisons not reworked. African garrisons not reworked

Last edited by Sheridan; August 13, 2019 at 10:36 AM.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Default Re: Released - Ancient Empires version 1.15

Enjoy guys!!

Patch notes are a work in progress and we will try to cover as much as possible of the changes in the next few days.

--- NOT savegame compatible with saves from version 1.1.0.

Please check the known bugs & issues documentation above before replying with bug reports, in case the bug identified is already known by the team
    Last edited by Sheridan; August 07, 2019 at 12:25 PM.

Default Re: Ancient Empires Version 1.15 Released!

wow nice work, I don't know why but choosing custom battle crashes me to desktop every time, re verified files, only 2 of your AE mods running......

And German Tech not overhauled ?? so which factions got the benefit of the full update ?
    I just started a Cimbri campaign, I guess I'll have to choose another faction

Libertus

By Jupiter balls! I know what I'm doing tonight. Thank you guys so much! You are awesome. Best TW mod ever. yes.

Sagat can you verify with a screenshot of selected mods in the mod manager, and make sure 'enable out of date mods' is ticked just in case. Not able to reproduce it on my end. Have you tried to remove the preferences script under users --> appdata --> roaming --> thecreativeassembly --> attila? (this will also wipe other settings but may resolve your issue)

Re Germanic techs: only artwork is changed. They have effects but pretty generic such and don't unlock buildings. This will be patched in during the coming few days, just been really busy

Thank you Sheridan, deleting the Atilla folder like you suggested worked, everything works normally now, thanks again

Semisalis

congratulations for the release! playing it right now!

Great news and perfect timing in my case, you guys keep this game alive. Thank you for your awesome work!

Very nice thank you for the hard wor! Have Imperial Legions been removed from Rome? Cant find them in a Custom Battle.

Quote Originally Posted by assassine View Post
    Very nice thank you for the hard wor! Have Imperial Legions been removed from Rome? Cant find them in a Custom Battle.
    Yes,you don't need them,because it will cause game crashed.

Sagat - Got a special treat for you. Germanic techs are now overhauled, along with Celtic and Britonic. I would still hold off a day or two though since we also aim to add new political offices (current are vanilla). '

Assassine - Only removed in CB. They are fully recruitable in campaign. This was to adress a widely reported CTD issue in CB

Hey, where can this be downloaded from?

Silly question but by any chance during the later years are you able to command famous historical generals such as Marius, Sulla, Pompey Magnus and Caesar? Will they be born in the later game so you can use these great men in the campaign? Just a thought as we have Scipio Africanus

Thank-you, Sheridan for a magnificent mod. I can't imagine how much exacting work you (and your colleagues?) had to do. By the way, how long does it take to learn to mod?

Just a couple of things to do with my preferences--not criticism. Imperium for me seems a little slow coming. Thus, more armies seem slow to come.

Increasing armies by only two per Imperium make it for me a slow campaign. Are there ways to increase the speed of Imperiums and/or increase the number of armies per Imperium, please?
    Last edited by Lannes1; August 10, 2019 at 12:00 PM.

Hi.
    Is there a working mod for 1,15 to speed battle a little?
    In first turn battle rome - carthage to broke one unit surrounded by 4 others take almost 30 minutes. My life is far too short for an entire campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Legion10 View Post
    Hey, where can this be downloaded from?
    Steam or Texoman's separate download and installation thread

Quote Originally Posted by E.davies95 View Post
    Silly question but by any chance during the later years are you able to command famous historical generals such as Marius, Sulla, Pompey Magnus and Caesar? Will they be born in the later game so you can use these great men in the campaign? Just a thought as we have Scipio Africanus
    Historical characters do/should spawn in the campaign. If this isn't the case already something isn't set up right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lannes1 View Post
    Thank-you, Sheridan for a magnificent mod. I can't imagine how much exacting work you (and your colleagues?) had to do. By the way, how long does it take to learn to mod?

Just a couple of things to do with my preferences--not criticism. Imperium for me seems a little slow coming. Thus, more armies seem slow to come.

Increasing armies by only two per Imperium make it for me a slow campaign. Are there ways to increase the speed of Imperiums and/or increase the number of armies per Imperium, please?
    Some aspects of modding can be picked up quickly. It's more about getting into the habit, as the learning curve isn't that steep for the most part. UI, units, buildings etc - can all be learnt and done quickly. If you want to learn to mod a particular area, even if just for yourself, I could help you with the basics

As for imperium - it's a double edged sword. Army count goes 3-4-6-9 for the first four imperium levels. You could create a submod for this - would be happy to show how, it only takes a few minutes of time

Quote Originally Posted by Gileq View Post
    Hi.
    Is there a working mod for 1,15 to speed battle a little?
    In first turn battle rome - carthage to broke one unit surrounded by 4 others take almost 30 minutes. My life is far too short for an entire campaign
    I'm working on a battle overhaul/submod myself right now, which will have quicker battles. Especially as I'm no big fan of slow combat in sieges where it all turns into a slow moshpit grind and waiting game. No ETA yet but it's in steady progress
    Last edited by Sheridan; August 10, 2019 at 03:13 PM.

Thank you Sheridan it wasn’t a bug or anything I haven’t started a campaign yet just wanted to know if this does happen as I would love to play as these characters also is there a way to speed up the battles as it took me nearly 40 mins to defeat Carthage at the battle of Zama or is this a one off?

Hotfix v. 1.15.1 - Preliminary Changelog

• Fix to some wrong Carthaginian tier 5 settlement icons
    • Fix to Carthaginian and Hellenistic landed grants construction costs
    • Fix for missing Iberian garrisons in two settlements
    • Fix for Roman technologies that could not be researched (Law for Citizenship and Allies & Military Treasury)
    • Fix for Boii units in custom battle which can now be accessed and played
    • Fixed Management attribute, now gives proper sanitation to settlements
    • Fixed unreasonably high upkeep/recruitment cost for some AoR units
    • Fixed in-battle voice commands for some units to be more appropriate to their role
    • Updated barbarian main settlement squalor, food consumption and income
    • Updated Germanic, Celtic and Britonic technologies - now prerequisites for many buildings, and with all-new effects in most instances
    • Made most core Germanic, Celtic and Britonic units recruitable through landed grants chain
    • Slight tweak of an Eastern technology, now reducing upkeep cost of noble units for Armenia, Parthia and Media respectively
    • New campaign camera - lowered max distance, increased tilt to more horizontal level
    • Seleucids, Ptolemaic Egypt, Carthage and Numidia can now recruit elephants only in specific settlements, and not everywhere
    • Added two more factions in custom battle - Marian and Augustan Rome, so players can enjoy more of the Roman roster there
    • Renamed Carthaginian stables
    • Added garrisons to stables: 1 cavalry unit at tier 1 and 2 cavalry units at tier 2 (only Roman, Carthaginian and Hellenistic factions)
    • Removed tier V cities for barbarians due to inconsistencies
    • Increased sanitation from aqueducts and other buildings. Roman/Greek now goes 6 -> 12 -> 18 -> 24. Eastern 4 -> 8 -> 12 -> 16 -> 20. Barbarian 5 -> 10 -> 15
    • Added two skill points per experience level for characters (from 1). Means you can now unlock one and a half branch within the skill tree (or 6 skills to tier 2 and 6 skills to tier 1)
    Last edited by Sheridan; August 13, 2019 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Hotfix v. 1.15.1 - Preliminary Changelog

• Fix to some wrong Carthaginian tier 5 settlement icons
    • Fix to Carthaginian and Hellenistic landed grants construction costs
    • Fix for missing Iberian garrisons in two settlements
    • Fix for Roman technologies that could not be researched (Law for Citizenship and Allies & Military Treasury)
    • Fix for Boii units in custom battle which can now be accessed and played
    • Fixed unreasonably high upkeep/recruitment cost for some AoR units
    • Fixed in-battle voice commands for some units to be more appropriate to their role
    • Updated barbarian main settlement squalor, food consumption and income
    • Updated Germanic, Celtic and Britonic technologies - now prerequisites for many buildings, and with all-new effects in most instances
    • Made most core Germanic, Celtic and Britonic units recruitable through landed grants chain
    • Slight tweak of an Eastern technology, now reducing upkeep cost of noble units for Armenia, Parthia and Media respectively
    • New campaign camera - lowered max distance, increased tilt to more horizontal level
    • Seleucids, Ptolemaic Egypt, Carthage and Numidia can now recruit elephants only in specific settlements, and not everywhere
    • Added two more factions in custom battle - Marian and Augustan Rome, so players can enjoy more of the Roman roster there
    THX!When will update in steam?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast