Thread: ... disband agents!!

Default ... disband agents!!

Not being able to disband agents is ridiculous...

I have assassins running around that not only have the stat "Not an Assassin" but I have some that are just totally "Not a Killer" with just 1 stat with +1 subterfuge, so even if I levelled them a few times they would have 1 subterfuge rather than 0 maybe. Then the Diplomats, ackward negotiating would-be inquisitors running around messing everything up with other nations... Ohh and who can forget the pathetic prosecuting old habit bearing unorthodox priests who do nothing but turn into heretics?

So far the only fix I've found is to cram these agents into a boat and find some pirates to sink it...

These people are employed by me! I should be allowed to disband them...

Would make a very good addition!

Arksa's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: ... disband agents!!

Agree.you could say...YOU'RE FIRED!, and do the "cobra"
    http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...YoureFired.jpg
    Cool, just looked at my status...I'm the apprentice!
    Last edited by Arksa; January 21, 2007 at 04:53 AM.

Well this feature needs to be added asap! It would be a much appreciated bonus!

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

You cannot make agents disbandable.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

There's gotta be some sort of way, like put the agents stats on a military unit card which has the disband option... or something... I guess I'm just grabbing at straws

johnhughthom's Avatar Vicarius

What about making it possible to assasinate your own agents?

Now THAT is a great idea I haven't thought about! Maybe that could be easier to accomplish?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Afraid not.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

in MTW1 you could kill anyone from your own faction. Was a good way to train assasins, by killing your own emissaries.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

The answer lies in your post and I use it alot. Put them on a one way ticket cruise to pirate waters/ or enemy waters on a boat. They may get luck once but usually the AI gets them on the first try. Mean, I know, but these measures have to be taken.

Ebusitanus's Avatar Senator

Everything deserts, not just priests. I find the virus generation of heretic priests even a game within itself and enjoyable. The same style constant desertion of full stacks compared with the amount of times that happens on vanilla is another matter.
    I started fielding spies with even just marching troops as a sort of political comissars to avoid the amazing rate of desertion I have seen in this game. Irronically its also a way to get rid of spies as they desert along with the stack just nicely.

Papal_Knight's Avatar Biarchus

the answer is to use your assassins judiciously! if your assassins are that bad, it's because YOU sent them on too many low percentage missions before they were properly trained up. it's YOUR fault, not anything, or anyone elses. every time they fail, they are potentially reduced in level.

properly train them up first. preferably, get a basic guild structure before you start pumping them out. the higher level guilds start you out with 3 or 4 experience points. start out with captains and such on army stacks with no general.

you got some "zero" level agents after that, well, look in the mirror. there's the reason they stink. just the facts fellas, sorry.
    Last edited by Papal_Knight; January 23, 2007 at 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling/typing

Tuitio Fidei et Obsequium Pauperum

If your assassins are that bad, send them to kill your enemy's heir or leader. Usually they die in the attempt. The other guy even has to dispose of the body...keeps your hands clean.
    "It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one." ~George Washington