View Poll Results: so what topic do you wish to direct my ramblings upon now?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Henry VII

2 8.33%
  • Franz-Joseph

2 8.33%
  • Louis Phillip

0 0%
  • The Political situation at the outbreak of the thirty years war

7 29.17%
  • the Bourbons (general overview)

1 4.17%
  • Richard III

2 8.33%
  • Hindism

3 12.50%
  • Divine right in the english context

2 8.33%
  • The english Civil War

5 20.83%

Thread: Dreamer ponders......but on what?

Dreamer once more is in the mood for some random research but once more what on?
    Under the patronage of Boripavlovgrozny.
    Member of BWT.

Hindism. I'm sick of reading about western culture. :p
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

Richard III Duke of Gloucester is often and stereotyply protrayed as an evil monster and generral all round bad guy, i want to see if Dreamer can produce an unbiased account of one of englands least popular monarchs!

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

Political situation before the outbreak of the 30 year war (and the war itself if you like )
    Should be interesting.
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

Civitate

Maybe I could do some research on Hinduism, Sibs. I had to learn about it (well, chose to learn, I had to choose a religion) at school, and I think I can remember some of it. Anything in particular?
    Under patronage of: Wilpuri

Originally posted by wilpuri@Sep 29 2004, 05:27 PM
    Political situation before the outbreak of the 30 year war (and the war itself if you like )
    Should be interesting.
    Here Here!!
    He that will not reason is a bigot, He that cannot reason is a fool, He that dares not reason is a slave.

Mordhak's Avatar Civitate

Same as Boris here. We just handled the 30-years war in history, so, get over with it :p

English Civil War, Roundheads before they were the bad guy.

eldaran's Avatar Speshul

Political Situation Before the 30 years war

It was a pretty important event in European history - one that i'm sorry to say I know very little about.

Under the patronage of the original and the best: Wild Bill Kelso

Civitate

Nice choice, but i'm always interested in the English Civil War, although I must admit my history re: 30 year's war is sadly lacking. All I know is that someone got thrown out of a window.
    Under the patronage of the Great GodEmperor Nicholas. Fallen Triumvir - Departed since 28-05-2005.

'Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.' - Herman Goering

In Vino Veritas - 'In wine there is truth'
    Patron of: Aves, Arcaliea

30 years war,30 years war..........

well it seems thirty year war wins......

it be some time as i am a slow writer and my teachers have just finished their nice and gentle ease into the course approach and now are planning on hitting me with home works from left and right, or so they warn.

i reckon about a week, it won't be hugley detailed but i hope to give a good indication of the strength of the players, and why bohemia was so fundalmental.
    Member of BWT.

sorry for double posting but i felt no one woul notice a mere edit. (please don't kill me)

any way i want to say sorry about the thirty years war reasearches no existance i have had more work than is sanely possible so only a little bit has been done but hopeful i will finish it soonish, i can't promish when as i have an english stroy to write a philosophy anda history essay due in for fri but hopefully it will be done soon. (i am not sure it will be worth it in truth)
    Member of BWT.