Thread: I need some management help

Default I need some management help

I'm wondering about the financial part of the mod. Everything else is fine, very good actually. I'm enjoying the difficulty and the AI very much, it was agood idea to build it on top of AttilaTW.

My problem starts with land development and what appears to be management costs.
    I am fine in earnings by turn 1: turn 2 governors are assigned and a couple improvements are set in queue. Turn 3 MINUS 3000 on my balance.
    So Governors are actually a bad thing and Improvements are more of a cost than everything else ?

I could use a little insight on this matter, since I'm loving the mod in every other aspect but this economy is taking longer to understand, let alone accustomize to.......

Thanks for the help guys

Stat rosa pristina nomine nomina nuda tenemus

Default Re: I need some management help

Make sure you have a good governor, check his management rating, anything below 3 (or 5 in the new update) will negatively impact your province.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Thanks Petellius - i'll keep that in mind for when you drop the patch.
    This mod is such a mountain of awesome though the learning curve is steep!
    Last edited by Aethyr; January 20, 2019 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Make sure you have a good governor, check his management rating, anything below 3 (or 5 in the new update) will negatively impact your province.
    I assigned 4 Governors ATM, all with ratings of 4 or more and from the following turn the Province Management costs have gone to almost 16K. I haven't built anything and raising a third legion with a dozen Latin units almost killed my initial balance.

ALso I started to notice so many of the buildings have more drawbacks than improvemnts

Managment will be easier since the new update as some building get their upkeep removed (such as main settlements) and some others get unified into 1 building.
    Also, you wont see such drastical change in income per turn, since the mod will be set in 4tpy (you usually go negative in winter, but as long as you made up for it in summer its fine; intended or not, this is actually accurate for the time period).

Ok I totally missed that from the equation.... Thanks for the info, I'll keep experimenting waiting for the update and then start over

Anyway, my compliemnts for the work behind this mod.

Keep in mind that at start (I'm assuming you play as Rome) many provinces happiness goes down, that affect income more and more till situation is handled.