Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What faction has in your opinion the coolest looking roster?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: What faction has in your opinion the coolest looking roster?

There is definitely a strong case for Judea to become an emergent faction in our timeframe, perhaps through the scripted rebellion.

First, as Dardo mentioned above, they were indeed completely dominated by the Ptolemies and then the Seleucids, but in the aftermath of the Maccabean revolt they gained some form of autonomy from the Seleucid rule to become eventually an independent kingdom around 110 BC and then a powerful Roman vasal in the reign of Herod the Great.

Strictly in game terms, with 4 TYP, 400 turns will have to pass before we can talk about any form of Judean autonomy, if we want to be historically accurate, but this idea is, nonetheless, worth considering, in my opinion.

Sorry for this offtopic response but since you guys are talking about the introduction of new factions, I wonder if you have ever considered making the Turdetani? I would love you so much for it.

Bob The Regular's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    For the Greek sure...For most others though I highly doubt it! Persians were unstoppable back then but Greek were something totally different.
    Quality VS Quantity...
    I would contest that claim to be sure. The Greeks really weren't different, they Ionian Greeks had lost twice to the Persians starting from the Conquest of Ionia by Kyros the Great and the Ionian revolt. In fact from the conquest of Ionia all the way to Marathon the Persians enjoyed a winning streak in land battles lasting over 50 years.

Even the circumstances of the battles you mentioned don't paint something that's easily winnable. The battle of Marathon may have been a surprise attack on a Persian army that was ready to move out and even in this battle the Persian center still broke the Greek center. At Plataea the Persians and the Greeks may have been on equal numbers or the Persians may have even outnumbered, this is something highlighted in Dr. Roel konijnendijk's 'Neither the Less Valorous Nor the Weaker' paper, and the decisive action between the Persian immortal and the Lacedaemonians involved the Persians being outnumbered one to five if Herodotus is correct with his numbers.

Mastergunner_19k's Avatar Foederatus

I only used Rome, Seleucids, Egypt and Macedonia so far (sorry not good at those factions original names) due to me just recently starting to play Rome 2 with the DEI mod. Besides stating the obvious, that this game has been improved by so much thanks to this mod that the original vanilla version is by now simply unplayable for me. so with that in mind I must say that the Aux units of Rome are simply amazing looking, followed closely by the Seleucid roster in my personal opinion.

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

After some soul-searching i gotta give this one to athens. First of all, their shield patterns are simply astonishing and you can tell right away where athenian hoplites are fighting. Their distinctive blue shields and capes can be seen from far and you definitely can tell that wrath of strongest maritime empire is coming for you to restore its former glory! Athenian marines are simply the best looking and i always immediately miss them after picking some other faction. Not to mention their amazingly looking logades bodyguard hoplites with their characteristic blue-painted phrygian helmets. Pure joy playing them. Not to mention amazing rp background for them. Building unique acropolis and upgrading athenian docks to level 5 port named "piraeus" is extremely rewarding, like "here are athens reborn, both their cultural heritage and military domination reasserted!"

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Some new sexy stuff to hit the floor soon

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG PLS GIVE US THIS!

Armenia, Carthage, and Seleucid in that order/

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Some new sexy stuff to hit the floor soon

As an' American, I especially love the blue, white and red stripes they're rockin. Good to know they supported american freedom before its time.

Chrissant's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by The Wandering Storyteller View Post
    Nah I'd prefer it if someone made a sub-mod for Persian units - I need that for my AAR.
    I plan to make that submod, I just need help with reform scripting and importing textures outside of DEI!

Mastergunner_19k's Avatar Foederatus

Niiiiiccceee...Me wants it!

Quote Originally Posted by CasusAmor View Post
    I plan to make that submod, I just need help with reform scripting and importing textures outside of DEI!
    i can show you how to script reform units when you arrive at that point, as far as textures go, are they textures that are already implemented into a Rome II mod, or do you need to fit them to models still?

I like everything a lot! Looks promising indeed !!! except the multiple colours crest and long hair, any reference for them?

Patrician

I think best example for multicoloured crests is famous Chigi Vase:

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Chereye View Post
    As an' American, I especially love the blue, white and red stripes they're rockin. Good to know they supported american freedom before its time.
    Armenia is getting huge positive feedback lately! I guess our newest member did a great job @Gagonious

Agrez's Avatar Civis

Thanks Strategos <3 love ya all mates

Quote Originally Posted by Chereye View Post

Yes of course, because red, white and blue aren't at all common when it comes to national colors (flags)....

I've been playing a campaign as the Lusitani, and I must say they have a really cool looking roster as well. Those masked Ambakaro in particular look incredible, and since they're not a reform unit, you can get them as soon as you build a level II barracks.

Quote Originally Posted by bthizle1 View Post
    Yes of course, because red, white and blue aren't at all common when it comes to national colors (flags)....
    The rest are just posers.

Late roman auxiliary, bactria, seleucid and Arsacid cavalry (cathaphracts and specially archer cathaphracts are fking awesome) but for that last one i think its better to play them on IA campaing, as you gain access to better infantry to serve as anvil quickly.
    Bactria is one of my favorite, because its super flexible, you can play hammer and anvil, axemen infantry in a "thracian" fashion, either light skirmisher or heavy melee cavalry and you can also get acess to very good "heavy" skirmishers with AOR. Obviously, Rome is still king when it comes to variety and flexibility; you can pretty much field w/e type of army you want

Patrician

More sexy stuff on the way:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast