Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: WWC_DIADOCHI

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: WWC_DIADOCHI

Quote Originally Posted by redin5ide.82 View Post
    Yeah I think so Saul. I normally play almost every mod for MED II on Steam and I'm on Windows 7. And I use to install mods in the last 15 years so I think I've got some experience in how to copy and paste things in TW games. No problem playing RS 3.1 and EB 1.3 Finale for example. But especially with Rome TW Steam coul be a real pain for mods. Maybe It could help to start vanilla RS 2.6 before installing Diadochi, I have to try this ..
    As I said I do not use steam but this is what I do using disks. When 2.5 is installed, it automatically sends a shortcut to desktop, if you open properties in the desktop icon, the word "WONDERS" is in the start-in line, this is corrupt and causes ctd on start up, the icon must be deleted, then go to directory/launcher/Roma Surrectum II/ send a new shortcut to desktop, open 2.5 to campaign map/+1 denarii then exit, copy & paste all files of 2.6 into directory, install WWC-DIADOCHI, delete map.rwm and I'm good to go every time. I'm telling you this because maybe somehow there is a possible cause of issue on steam via 2.5.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; February 26, 2021 at 04:00 PM. Reason: added Pic.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

@Saul I use steam (on my new pc) I tried the RS 3.1 (final version) (with ALX offcourse) it is the 2.5 with 2.6 integrated + patch fix for RS 3.0 = 3.1. I can open the game choose faction, but only play the game if i autoresolve the battles. If i try to do battle manually, it crashes. I would ask if you have any idea of what to do or check or change? Maybe you know someone to ask about this. Also i can not open preferances in the first loading screen, don`t know if that matters. Last i will mention i downloaded an old alexander exe. copy and paste it in my steam version. that was the reason it got this far i belive.
    The Diadochi map and setup is bloody marvelous, many many thanks to Leoni for this great mod.

Quote Originally Posted by leo_75 View Post
    @Saul I use steam (on my new pc) I tried the RS 3.1 (final version) (with ALX off course) it is the 2.5 with 2.6 integrated + patch fix for RS 3.0 = 3.1. I can open the game choose faction, but only play the game if i auto resolve the battles. If i try to do battle manually, it crashes. I would ask if you have any idea of what to do or check or change? Maybe you know someone to ask about this. Also i can not open preferences in the first loading screen, don`t know if that matters. Last i will mention i downloaded an old alexander exe. copy and paste it in my steam version. that was the reason it got this far i believe.
    The Diadochi map and setup is bloody marvellous, many many thanks to Leoni for this great mod.
    I may be misunderstanding what you have written here but if not your installation is incorrect, it should be RS 3.1 = RS 2.5+3.0+3.1 no RS 2.6...WWC Diadochi = RS 2.5+RS 2.6 rename Play_One_Turn folder in directory before you install Diadochi then delete map.rwm in launcher interface before starting campaign. This is the procedure for disks as I don't use steam but know it's not too dissimilar a process.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 12, 2021 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Typo

GROB's Avatar Civis

Icon7 Re: WWC_DIADOCHI

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    I may be misunderstanding what you have written here but if not your installation is incorrect, it should be RS 3.1 = RS 2.5+3.0+3.1 no RS 2.6...WWC Diadochi = RS 2.5+RS 2.6 rename Play_One_Turn folder in directory before you install Diadochi then delete map.rwm in launcher interface before starting campaign. This is the procedure for disks as I don't use steam but know it's not too dissimilar a process.
    When will we see the new patch that leoni talked about over a month ago?

Quote Originally Posted by GROB View Post
    When will we see the new patch that leoni talked about over a month ago?
    Sorry, ....he goes into hibernation when he's working on something, then suddenly appears when he's ready

GROB's Avatar Civis

Sorry, ....he goes into hibernation when he's working on something, then suddenly appears when he's ready
    Thanks Saul, for the quick response.

Guys why is this mod not promoted like everywhere?? It took me a while to finally make it work on RS2.6 (fingers crossed for no CTDs). I justed started as Rome, eventough this mod is about the Diadochi, but Greece really scares me in this mod for now. First battle against the samnites looked like something straight out of a movie, epic soundtracks, beautiful graphics (i suppose even better than RS3). I was really immersed while crushing the Samnites with the legions. I was looking for something similar to RS3, maybe a little deeper with the character traits and this one clearly nails it. Fantastic up until now.

Amazing mod indeed, like Hellenistic Twilight. Leoni, any news about that patch you were working on?

Could we be so lucky to see Leoni implement this mod to the remasterd version. that would be super sick

GROB's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by leo_75 View Post
    Could we be so lucky to see Leoni implement this mod to the remasterd version. that would be super sick
    What would really be nice, using leoni's campaign map instead of the remastered RTW map. His map shows alot of detail. The remastered map is better than the original RTW campaign map by all means.

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

hello guys, i still working on the patch, but have much work and less free time in rl....so often i just enjoy myself playing my actual antigonid campaign...

also some modders working on to release some new models, so i wanted to see if i could implement them too...

by the way, remastered version, what did i miss?

GROB's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    hello guys, i still working on the patch, but have much work and less free time in rl....so often i just enjoy myself playing my actual antigonid campaign...

also some modders working on to release some new models, so i wanted to see if i could implement them too...

by the way, remastered version, what did i miss?
    Hi leoni, RTW is now a remastered game. It is being advertise on YOUTUBE. A completely different look and feel to it. If you have a STEAM account and you have the original copy from steam, you can purchase it as low as 15 USD until June. It has new UI's and a new campaign map.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

now just have too find some great modders to remake roma surrectum and wwc for the remastered gameleoni
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Hey leoni, great to see you're still working on your projects. I've got a question. Is it possible to use your campaign map textures for the RS map, cause I would like to implement it. I did one attempt yesterday (only copied the textures and changed the aerial map types text file to point to the new textures), but for some reason I ran into a ctd while loading into a battle. Did I miss something?

Congratulations for being voted 1st place in the best submod for RTW category!

Hey guys!

I'm coming back to Rome Total War and of course I could not play it without Roma Surrectum.

Recently I saw a video that talked about this When World Collide Submod and I got really interested on it, but I have some questions and some doubts that I'd love to undestand, if anyone can help me, so here they go:

First: Can I install this mod with the standalone 3.1 Roma Surrectum or only Roma Surrectum 2.5 + 2.6 Patch?

Second: What is the difference between WWC: DIADOCHI and WWC: Hellenistic Twilight? Should I get both or only one of them? Is the DIADOCHI more recent and if it is, does it include Hellenistic Twilight? I love to play as the Spartans, so if they can't be downloaded together, I'd like to know which one focus more on Greek states or Spartan (I guess it's a dumb question, because HT is obviously about Hellenistic factions, but maybe DIADOCHI is more recent and includes changes made in HT and is more updated, I don't know)

Third and last: I don't quite understand how to install it, honestly lol Can someone please give me a thorough instruction on how to install all of these? (If I need Rome Surrectum 2.5+2.6 patch, and if I need to install Hellenistic Twilight first and later DIADOCHI and how to exactly install them because I got confused)

That's it guys, I'd love to get some help because I don't play Rome Total War for quite a long time and when I played I didn't know about WWC, I only played Rome Surretum.

Thanks!

Hi, I'm Saul the main tester for the leonis' superb submod, hopefully these answers will help you, I'm always around if you need any more, either with this submod or Roma Surrectum.

Quote Originally Posted by PauloBrunoPS View Post

First: Can I install this mod with the standalone 3.1 Roma Surrectum or only Roma Surrectum 2.5 + 2.6 Patch?
    Only 2.5 + 2.6.

Second: What is the difference between WWC: DIADOCHI and WWC: Hellenistic Twilight? Should I get both or only one of them? Is the DIADOCHI more recent and if it is, does it include Hellenistic Twilight? I love to play as the Spartans, so if they can't be downloaded together, I'd like to know which one focus more on Greek states or Spartan (I guess it's a dumb question, because HT is obviously about Hellenistic factions, but maybe DIADOCHI is more recent and includes changes made in HT and is more updated, I don't know)
    Diadochi 2.0 is the latest, it does not include Hellenistic Twilight it is an upgrade from that with map changes, Factions added and several bugfixes.

Third and last: I don't quite understand how to install it, honestly lol Can someone please give me a thorough instruction on how to install all of these? (If I need Rome Surrectum 2.5+2.6 patch, and if I need to install Hellenistic Twilight first and later DIADOCHI and how to exactly install them because I got confused)
    You must have the Alexander Expansion to play. Install a clean RTW/BI/ALX...add RS 2.5 +2.6 > go into directory and rename the subfolder Play_One_Turn to something like Play_O_Turn(this is what I did) exit out and install Diadochi 2.0 > delete map.rwm before starting, it's really quite straightforward, just take your time and be patient.

GROB's Avatar Civis

Icon12 Re: WWC_DIADOCHI

Hi, I'm Saul the main tester for the leonis' superb submod, hopefully these answers will help you, I'm always around if you need any more, either with this submod or Roma Surrectum.

Only 2.5 + 2.6.

Diadochi 2.0 is the latest, it does not include Hellenistic Twilight it is an upgrade from that with map changes, Factions added and several bugfixes.

You must have the Alexander Expansion to play. Install a clean RTW/BI/ALX...add RS 2.5 +2.6 > go into directory and rename the subfolder Play_One_Turn to something like Play_O_Turn(this is what I did) exit out and install Diadochi 2.0 > delete map.rwm before starting, it's really quite straightforward, just take your time and be patient.
    Hi Saul, any news from Leoni, about the new patch that he is working on?

Quote Originally Posted by GROB View Post
    Hi Saul, any news from Leoni, about the new patch that he is working on?

Sorry GROB, I'm afraid not

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

good evening ya all....than you total war for your wishes, the most stuff i want to inclued for the next version is ready, just still messing around with the disasters...sometimes they work great...i love storms, vulcanos....next time, they causes regular ctd problems....next time they didnt happened at all...what a mess
    also i still hope to bring on new models from other modders, but rome remaster hype, seem to freeze some work sadly....anyway i still working-testing, when i got time....also thinking, what to bring on next....by they way, you will enjoy playing as sparta, with wwc-diadochi