Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 150 BC)

Default Re: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 340 BC)

Very nice

This is a copy/paste from questions I answered in Moddb about adding certain factions or any other factions (keep in mind I'm no historian but I've been doing my research about this time period and specially ofc about the possible factions to add, there is also limitations regarding the units I have available atm):

All factions have already been implemented from start, however in meanwhile I ended up adding also Rhodes and Samnites. Etruscans at this point would never become a power in Italy again (they were already been completely defeated by Rome although they still kept Etruria region after signing a peace treaty with Rome), all they did was trying to survive (Samnites on the other hand were just starting the wars with Rome and they were actually two well balanced powers, the mod starts right after the end of the first Samnite war and right after the Romans implemented the "maniple" military system wich was influenced exactly by the first Samnite war). Also as only the south of Gaul from Massalia to north Italy is covered by the map, Gauls will ofc try to expand to Italy so it would be too much stuff in Italy (and there is also the Illyrians that might come from the east side).

I thought of adding Nabateans but they would expand at the cost of the Persian Empire and I don't want it to be weakened from inside, I'll instead make them a "shadow faction" like Egypt and Etruscans for aesthetics and immersion purpose. By "shadow faction" I mean a faction that exists in the code but it's dead from start, this allows for different strat map models and other different stuff like culture, etc.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; February 21, 2019 at 08:28 AM.

So I've been adding DBM campaign map scenes which take a while to edit all the cultures and factions stuff but is almost completed. I've also cleaned and fixed a lot of code and continued work on UI and cultures. Next images shall be the Persians but it might take a while as it shall only be after I position all factions properly and I have other stuff to finish before.

Excellent work! I look forward to its completion.

Added DBM settlement scenes for all cultures/factions (pathfinding, vegetation and other small issues from DBM shall be fixed for the most part).

Made event icons for all cultures, added apprpriate finances button icon for all cultures. Still small things needed to be done on UIs but for the most part is finished. Tweaked contrast on all unit cards to make them look better in game and have a more similar look. Started making FM and agents cards. Made several other stuff like loading screens and factions intros.

Looks really good!

You have to show me some nice pics of Carthage

Hi, make and fractions Dacians

To say the truth in the last month I've been working on a completely different project, but I want to have at least the bulk of it finished before I announce anything. The problem since I decided to make a total conversion for this game is that I'm having too many ideas lol

So u want assume when the mod is finished... am i right?

Do not spread out too much

So I'm rebuilding this mod in the same campaign map for the Bronze Age one (with a ton of editing ofc) and changing the starting date to 303BC, right before the 4th Diadochi War. I wasn't really satisfied with the mod design and got bored of it. The Bronze Age TW campaign map covers exactly the regions I wanted, it's a very detailed map (maybe a bit too much actually) and maybe a bit too much provinces but with some editing shall be nice. Also I think Diadochi Wars is maybe more interesting than an Alexander campaign.

FACTIONS:

Macedonia
    Antigonid Empire
    Seleucid Empire
    Ptolemaic Kingdom
    Lysimachian Kingdom
    Hellenic League

Armenia
    Atropatene
    Nabateans
    Nubians

This mod has been rebuilt in a new map and the setting changed to 303 BC during the Diadochi Wars. I've also improved interface and menu stuff and added some new stuff. Revised factions from my previous post.

Factions:

- Antigonid Empire
    - Seleucid Empire
    - Ptolemaic Kingdom
    - Lysimachian Kingdom
    - Antipatrid Kingdom
    - Hellenic League

- Media Atropatene
    - Armenia
    - Nabateans

Some new images:

Last edited by MagusCaligula; June 12, 2019 at 08:14 PM.

Default Re: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 303 BC)

Looks really nice!

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Looks really nice!
    Thanks.

So I've finished placing the factions, renamed and replaced a lot of cities, changed provinces, etc. HOWEVER I need to make a big purge to the number of provinces as there are way too much in this map (199) especially with so few factions, and many very close to each other. This completely breaks the economy for example, Antigonids and Seleucids 59 and 55 provinces each and get a ridiculous amount of money. Even though there is no armies yet placed (only 1 unit per province for the coordinates) and even though I'll make units expensive this is way too much (they're getting 50k money from turn 1). Besides so many cities together is just too much sieging I think.

Looking also into improving UI stuff as some things are not perfect to me and make all the event images stuff before I move on. Here how campaign map looks atm before I remove/replace any provinces (although I'll just remove most of them I'll also add a few new ones for example in northern Greece/Thrace):

Last edited by MagusCaligula; June 17, 2019 at 07:39 AM.

I've redesigned this mod from scratch once again... This time for good I think lol I've already set up the starting position of all factions, added all the emblems everywhere, added the correct colours, added proper music and I've done all the menus stuff, this mod will have a similar design to Hellenika Total War in some things including the fact it will not have real time battles, so obiously it's not for everyone (I just don't have the time or interest for that).

The mod is set at 150 BC as this is the ideal date for the design I want and at same time still having all interesting factions like Carthage, Seleucids, Pergamon, Achaean League, etc. There is a total of 16 factions 4 of them Roman, including the Senate. Roman family factions leaders: Julii: Sextus Julius Caesar - was the first of the Julii Cesares to become consul at 157 BC and an important statesman of the time; Cornelii: Publius Cornelius Scipio Aemilianus - leaded the final assault on Carthage; Caecilii: Quintus Caecilius Metellus Macedonicus - brought Macedonia into submission and turned it into a Roman province. Starting as leader for SPQR is Quintus Fabius Maximus Aemilianus, important statesman of the time and consul at 145 BC.

Factions:

- Romans (SPQR, Julii, Cornelii, Caecilii)
    - Achaean League
    - Rhodes
    - Attalid Kingdom
    - Ptolemaic Kingdom
    - Seleucid Kingdom
    - Kingdom of Pontus
    - Carthage
    - Nabatean Kingdom
    - Bosporan Kingdom
    - Odrysian Kingdom
    - Arverni
    - Kingdom of Numidia

From left to right:

Campaign map (compare colours to emblems to see factions positions):

Last edited by MagusCaligula; September 24, 2019 at 12:05 PM.

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Quote Originally Posted by MagusCaligula View Post
    Campaign map (compare colours to emblems to see factions positions):

I'm not particularly color blind, but I feel like I am right now.

Other than that it's looking pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I'm not particularly color blind, but I feel like I am right now.

Other than that it's looking pretty good.
    Well faction banners are mono colour so they're 100% the same In the pic some might not look very distinguished but in game it's different, I mean even in the pic you can see the difference bettween the Senate and Cornelli even though not that much noticeable (in game it's easy) but you can see Cornelli it's a darker colour (dark blue) while Senate is purple. Grey are Independents (technically the "slave" faction).
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; September 24, 2019 at 12:13 PM.

Libertus

Default Re: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 150 BC)

Good day! You do a lot of work on several mods. When is the release of this mod planned?

Default Re: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 150 BC)

Quote Originally Posted by ZSV View Post
    Good day! You do a lot of work on several mods. When is the release of this mod planned?
    No idea, I've been editing the settlements names and repositioning when needed as this is a map from 395 BC and it also uses a lot of modern names and it takes time for research. After I'll need to edit the provinces names...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast