Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul, CAI Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Dec 18)

Default Re: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul, CAI Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Oct 27)

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    You’re using this bugged Beta pack along with the temporary beta pack? That’s your issue.
    Sadly, it's not. It happened before I dloaded the tempfix. I have tried again with just the tempfix (i thought it was a hotfix, not a replacement pack), and I continue to have the issue.

Default Re: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul, CAI Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Oct 27)

Guys keep your reports coming. I keen to read what your almightiness think of new CAI

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Dalthius79 View Post
    My game has suddenly stopped working. I played for a few hours last night with the beta, no issues, but now it crashes right after the splash screen. When I disable the beta pack, it works fine.

I'm running English Faction Names, English Unit Names, Vanilla City Names, the public beta pack (and the tempfix), A World To Explore, AAA Generals: Rome, Ancient Empires Legions for DEI, Aqueducts (DEI Version), Better Gladius 4 HD 2K, HD Cities, Immersive Character Names, More Diplomatic Outcomes, Roman Centurion Visual Overhaul, Roman Models Extravaganza, Wonders of the Ancient World (DEI Version), and the AAA Generals Polybian-style submod.

I'm using Steam, and the Steam version of DEI (Parts 1-3). Any thoughts?
    +1, same issue, also played fine last night.

Noticed that yesterday didn't seem to ask me if to disable out of date mods but today did
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Guys, as has been reported several times today already, Steam currently has an issue with workshop files and keeps deleting part 1 of DEI, check your files and if the file is indeed missing, download the 2 forum parts instead.

I am trying to play with this beta patch, but it doesn't seem to be taking effect? (battle stats and character traits are unchanged) I downloaded it and placed in in the data folder, and enabled it with TW Mod Manager.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Have you enable out of date mods in mod launcher?

Also small info, I think I was somehow able to allow chariots to fight in melee even if they are stopped...sort of ;P I've added new ranged weapon entry with damage of melee weapons, 2 second reload time, and a range of 5 with 360 angle and ability to knock targets back. This means that even if AI chariot gets stopped in place (and AI always tries to run through the formation even if chariots get bogged down in enemy formation), they will still be able to cause damage and knock people around.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Why aren't the agent skill updated yet? I like the Ancestral agent skills way more fun than the ones in DEI, they are still the same I think. Please remove it and change it to the Ancestral skill tree.

I saw the comment on the Defensive Tetsudo of some Thorakitai units as being an oversight, so i'll use the opportunity to point out that both the Illyrian Thorakitai and Thracian Thorakitai are also using the Defensive Tetsudo formation. The Numidians Legionaires also have both Tetsudo and Defensive Tetsudo, so I guess the redundancy isn't normal either.

And last quick question... Just to be sure, the fact the Spartan Thorakitai have the lightest armor for that type of unit amongst the Hellenic and Pseudo-Hellenic factions at 50 is normal, right?

AI stacking in my region when at peace. I have 2 full stacks of AI from one faction and one stack from another faction just doing nothing.
    Is there a way to stop the ai from doing this? and keep to there borders? They have no military access but just freely trespassing and stacking outside one of my towns.

Im using Scipio realism submod also so not sure if its the beta test or submod.
    Is it possible to create or edit so that the ai do not trespass at all unless they have military access or at war?
    Last edited by TheNewKing; November 01, 2018 at 02:27 AM.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKing View Post
    AI stacking in my region when at peace. I have 2 full stacks of AI from one faction and one stack from another faction just doing nothing.
    Is there a way to stop the ai from doing this? and keep to there borders? They have no military access but just freely trespassing and stacking outside one of my towns.
    I had a similiar issue in my new rome campgaign. Insubres were at war with Massalia and needed to trespass my territory to get to the city. For some reason they stopped for a couple one turn in the region of Genua and did not move on. Next turn they moved on. Still I declared war and annihilated them for such a rude behaviour, especially as one of my parties has the patriot trait, giving me -5 loyalty.
    So maybe the AI is on war with someone and needs to cross your territory to get there but gets bugged on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by hbghimself View Post
    I had a similiar issue in my new rome campgaign. Insubres were at war with Massalia and needed to trespass my territory to get to the city. For some reason they stopped for a couple one turn in the region of Genua and did not move on. Next turn they moved on. Still I declared war and annihilated them for such a rude behaviour, especially as one of my parties has the patriot trait, giving me -5 loyalty.
    So maybe the AI is on war with someone and needs to cross your territory to get there but gets bugged on the way.

Im playing as Romans and its occurring in Patavium, both of the factions have no enemy's or at war with anyone. Ive watched the barbarians make there way down to there and just stack.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post

Also small info, I think I was somehow able to allow chariots to fight in melee even if they are stopped...sort of ;P I've added new ranged weapon entry with damage of melee weapons, 2 second reload time, and a range of 5 with 360 angle and ability to knock targets back. This means that even if AI chariot gets stopped in place (and AI always tries to run through the formation even if chariots get bogged down in enemy formation), they will still be able to cause damage and knock people around.
    Haha nice workaround man, inventive! So you've buffed them effectively here then? Because they were honestly useless before

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Yup.

edit: nevermind, I finally got it to work.
    Last edited by kpagcha; November 01, 2018 at 08:32 AM.

Playing my current campaign with Rome and so far what I'm witnessing in CAI is the AI factions are more keen to offer me pacts and alliances. It seems the AI factions with a few exceptions are more tolerable to Rome expansion and power. I have not yet declared war on main powers but only been fighting rogue states in North Africa and Iberia. I guess the real test will come when I attack major powers with lots of alliances. Another thing I witnessed since I applied the latest beta version is the AI factions forging more bilateral alliances...
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

A minor oversight, but female char for nomadic factions basically function like male once however they also don't have the new traits like brawler/student etc.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

I just played my first battle with this new patch and I must say I didn't like how my units performed, especially cavalry:

- cavalry charges are not the devastating hammer they should be (and how it's always worked). The enemy doesn't seem to take as much damage to both health and morale.
    - cavalry performance is now very underwhelming. They used to munch enemy light missile units. Now it takes them forever to kill or route them.

Same thing about Roman light auxiliaries. I always use them to envelop the enemy (the hammer) and they were pretty effective at that. Now they are not. Also, they used to be pretty decent melee fighters too (e.g. Balearic slingers), now they even routed while fighting trashy Libyan light troops.

Bonus question: how is the new Disciplined Formation designed to be played? I get the bonus to defense, but it tightens the formation so much, your soldiers will end up being surrounded, which is devastating. So what is the point? I am not criticizing it, I am geniunely asking how and when to use it effectively, and what was in mind when it was designed?
    Last edited by kpagcha; November 01, 2018 at 04:16 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by kpagcha View Post
    I just played my first battle with this new match and I must say I didn't like how my units performed, especially cavalry:

- cavalry charges are not the devastating hammer they should be (and how it's always worked). The enemy doesn't seem to take as much damage to both health and morale.
    - cavalry performance is now very underwhelming. They used to munch enemy light missile units. Now it takes them forever to kill or route them.

Same thing about Roman light auxiliaries. I always use them to envelop the enemy (the hammer) and they were pretty effective at that. Now they are not. Also, they used to be pretty decent melee fighters too (e.g. Balearic slingers), now they even routed while fighting trashy Libyan light troops.

Bonus question: how is the new Disciplined Formation designed to be played? I get the bonus to defense, but it tightens the formation so much, your soldiers will end up being surrounded, which is devastating. So what is the point? I am not criticizing it, I am geniunely asking how and when to use it effectively, and what was in mind when it was designed?
    i'd imagine have it in a long line so you can't be surrounded, but dunno if that'd really be economical, other than that, probably holding passages in city defences

Quote Originally Posted by corsair831 View Post
    i'd imagine have it in a long line so you can't be surrounded, but dunno if that'd really be economical, other than that, probably holding passages in city defences
    It's just how the fighting mechanic has changed slightly. For good imo because now Rome medium/heavy units can hold the ground much longer and with few casualties even if surrounded. I was sceptical initially but after a few battles I think I got it right. It just means you need to micromanage a bit more but with greater results. I normally let all my front line units unleash their pila onto incoming enemy units and then select all and hit 'discipline' button before the enemy engages. I then select each one and push forward onto the enemy... by then their units start blobbing and surrounding your front line units. I then select the second line and one by one attack the enemy units between the gaps... it counts like flank attack because they will be surrounding the front line units

At this point in the battle a bring my third line of auxiliaries around the flanks of the army and start taking each enemy unit from behind and flank... My cavalry will off course be chasing enemy skirmishers and mounted units... once they rout I start attacking the enemy units engaged with wedge formation from the back... I had battles were I lost only 300 men against 3 thousand enemies... I never had these odds with the old DEI battle mechanics
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Quote Originally Posted by jegui View Post
    It's just how the fighting mechanic has changed slightly. For good imo because now Rome medium/heavy units can hold the ground much longer and with few casualties even if surrounded. I was sceptical initially but after a few battles I think I got it right. It just means you need to micromanage a bit more but with greater results. I normally let all my front line units unleash their pila onto incoming enemy units and then select all and hit 'discipline' button before the enemy engages. I then select each one and push forward onto the enemy... by then their units start blobbing and surrounding your front line units. I then select the second line and one by one attack the enemy units between the gaps... it counts like flank attack because they will be surrounding the front line units

At this point in the battle a bring my third line of auxiliaries around the flanks of the army and start taking each enemy unit from behind and flank... My cavalry will off course be chasing enemy skirmishers and mounted units... once they rout I start attacking the enemy units engaged with wedge formation from the back... I had battles were I lost only 300 men against 3 thousand enemies... I never had these odds with the old DEI battle mechanics
    Hell yes. Same here. I totally got my ass kicked before I started using this tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    A minor oversight, but female char for nomadic factions basically function like male once however they also don't have the new traits like brawler/student etc.
    Thanks I forgot to add that.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----