Thread: Some Documents on RR/RC

Default Some Documents on RR/RC

Please find attached a few docs that used to be included with each release. You might find them interesting, especially the one covering RR.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BGRIV Recruitment Guide.pdf   ReallyBadAI Battle System v4.5 ReadMe.pdf  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 09, 2018 at 03:16 PM.

Default Re: Some Documents on RR/RC

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Please find attached a few docs that used to be included with each release. You might find them interesting, especially the one covering RR.
    This is great.

Default Re: Some Documents on RR/RC

That document is more than ten years old now With RR there is actually quite a lot going on, but since it mostly uses normal game mechanisms its pretty much transparent to the user. But you can see that the 9 unit categories do have quite a big effect on recruitment, and that all the relevant values are what they are for a consistent set of reasons.

Reading it is good because it gives you an understanding of this, and I think that increases your enjoyment of the mod; whereas the workings of RC are pretty obvious, for most people RR is more nebulous - yet back when it was being designed and implemented, I probably put more time into it, if anything. Partly this is because I saw RR as providing a more in-depth and realistic context for RC. It isn’t much use having a realistic combat mod if the unit prices and recruitment make little sense, because then army compositions will reflect reality less.

For example, unit prices reflect the cost to the faction of recruiting and paying for them, rather than geing calculated on their basis of their stats at all.

I’m not looking forward to implementing it for the new factions in the Late Era campaign, its a hell of a lot of work, much more than RC. Need to juggle all the different recruitment factors for the available units, and then that is further modified by the event-driven unit transitions. Its mind bending haha.

Combining RR with all the recruitment stuff in BGRIV (and they were specifically designed to work together) makes for a very complex and dynamic picture.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 11, 2018 at 07:29 AM.