Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [Direct Download] - Ancient Empires 2.0

Default Re: direct download - Ancient Empires 1.03q (updated Nov 13)

at the first page the link is for P version...what did you install on your mod folder??
    "MASTERBATION" IS EASY, BUT CHOOSING A VIDEO IS HARD. - THE SARCASTIC TALES
    *changed the spelling*

just can't get it to work.. dunno the i'm doing wrong..
    "MASTERBATION" IS EASY, BUT CHOOSING A VIDEO IS HARD. - THE SARCASTIC TALES
    *changed the spelling*

Antioco III's Avatar Libertus

Hi guys, im having some problem too. As others already said, the two files of Pack 2 are not extractable... The instructions read "download both parts and place them in the same folder then extract the first file". But neither file 1 nor 2 are rars of any sort. Does "the first file" mean pack 1? Or do i just place them both in my data folder as they are? As i downloaded them? Pack 1 is fine, its a rar, so i can extract it. The barbarian update too, so that goes ok . But the two files of pack 2 are not to be extracted. Im pretty confused since im not a big geek but im not a first time mod player either, i can assure you. A hand?

Quote Originally Posted by donpenguin View Post
    just can't get it to work.. dunno the i'm doing wrong..
    "@@e_4tpy.pack";
    "@e_0003_ancient_empires_barbarian_expansion.pack";
    "@e_001_ancient_empires_master_Pack1.pack";
    "@e_002_ancient_empires_models_Pack2.pack";
    Last edited by babay11; November 19, 2018 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babay11 View Post
    Thank you for your help, is that what you obtain if u ar eable to extract part 1 and 2 of pack 2? If that is, id suggest to upload just that cause instructions are confusing otherwise. Maybe im dumb :/

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

I really don't see what so many people are getting confused about a two part archive. The only thing i've seen that could be confusing is me saying place both parts of part 2 into the same folder might make it seem like you need to move them first. Even that could just be an unnecessary step and shouldn't cause any problems.The two parts simply have to be in the same folder when you extract. Safest bet is to use the 7z program to extract them if you are using Windows.

Ok i'll try explaining it again. Part one and part two of pack 2 are both 7z files, as well as the rest of my uploads. I had to split part 2 into two parts became it was so large it was being corrupted for many people during download.
    So first you download these 4 7z files linked in the OP: AncientEmpiresBarbarianExpansion(11-13).7z, AncientEmpiresPack1.03p.7z, AncientEmpiresPack2(aug 13).7z.001, AncientEmpiresPack2(aug 13).7z.002.
    Extract the first 3 of these files. The last one (.002) will be extracted along with the one before it (.001). Those two files make up one archive. If you are unable to extract with 7z, then the file was corrupted. Try downloading from the other mirror. If you are using a different program to extract, try 7z. In the end what you need is the 3 .pack files in the "\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Attila\data" folder. The included png files will simply add icons in mod manager.

If many of you are unable to extract pack 2 with 7z, i may need to split it into 3 parts. I can't tell how many of the archives are actually being corrupted since some have been trying to extract the .002 file individually.
    Also some of you are likely having problems with the program you are using. Everyone who has been having problems, try extracting .001 using the 7z program. Let me know whether that works for you or not.
    Last edited by texoman81; November 16, 2018 at 01:08 PM.

texoman81
    For the majority of the solution to this problem, it will be critical. They do not understand how it works and make mistakes (2 file in the same folder to unpack). One file is output...

I actually didnt get that the files were corrupted and that messed with my head. For some reason i was convinced that those two corrupted files i downloaded were just like that, i mean weird files i couldnt get my head around and i couldnt understand how to extract them. Ill try other mirrors or just use babay11 one and report back. Thanks for the support and for the uploading work

Update: used babay11's file and that worked for me. Of course if that didnt work i would have downloaded a non corrupted file from the other posted mirrors, as suggested. So thank u again. Now ill conquer me some land
    Last edited by Antioco III; November 16, 2018 at 05:45 PM.

Default Re: 1.01j Non-Steam download links updated

Quote Originally Posted by kopasus View Post
    Just put 2 files, pack 2, in one folder, and choose extract here. If winrar failed, try 7 zip to extract files.
    I managed to extract the files, but however it crashes the game when i run the mod. Can you please help?

Quote Originally Posted by Lutting View Post
    I managed to extract the files, but however it crashes the game when i run the mod. Can you please help?
    If your game is crashing, it probably means that you are running conflicting mods.
    First make sure you have the newest version of all three AE files ("@e_001_ancient_empires_master_Pack1.pack"; "@e_002_ancient_empires_models_Pack2.pack; "@e_0003_ancient_empires_barbarian_expansion.pack")
    Pack 1 was updated November 12th, Pack 2 was updated Aug 13 and the Barbarian expansion was updated November 13.
    Then in mod manager make sure that these three are selected but no others.

Also to state the obvious for everyone having problems, it is easier for most to simply subscribe to the mod on steam. This direct download is only being provided at the request of some that the mod doesn't work for on Steam or want to roll back to a previous version to finish a save game. If you haven't tried subscribing on steam yet you should start with that method at these links:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1385069240
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1381536100
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1563912065

You can delete the direct download version of the mod, then subscribe on steam. The mod will automatically be downloaded and updated. Again this thread is a backup method of getting the mod to work around specific problems or to play an old version. If you are running a pirated copy of the game, the mod probably will not work for you no matter what you do. Just pick up the game when its on sale if you don't already legally own it. Anyone else still unable to get the mod to work, can shoot me a pm with as much detail as possible on what you have tried and i'll get back to you asap. If you were having problems before but got it to work, please let me know.
    Last edited by texoman81; November 18, 2018 at 03:11 AM.

I'm trying to run the mod on mac, so I cannot use steam. I figured out why it was crashing, it was probably id did not get the part2 of the second file extracted and placed. However I'm trying to extract file part2 section 002 but unarchiver isn't letting me extract that file. I did put it into same folder as part 2 001, goes I need to find another RAR extraction program.

I'm trying to run the mod on mac, so I cannot use steam. I figured out why it was crashing, it was probably id did not get the part2 of the second file extracted and placed. However I'm trying to extract file part2 section 002 but unarchiver isn't letting me extract that file. I did put it into same folder as part 2 001, goes I need to find another RAR extraction program.
    I haven't tried Ancient Empires on Mac so not sure if it works. My primary computer is a mac, but i got an alienware PC for gaming now. I'm about to go to my nieces bd party, but i'll try it tonight.
    Again you don't extract part 002 separately. Its contents are extracted along with part 001. Those two files make up one archive and only contain 1pack file and 1 png file between the two of them.
    In the end what matters is that you have placed the three AE files ("@e_001_ancient_empires_master_Pack1.pack"; "@e_002_ancient_empires_models_Pack2.pack; "@e_0003_ancient_empires_barbarian_expansion.pack") into data folder. All three of those need to be enabled, but no others.
    Last edited by texoman81; November 18, 2018 at 01:35 PM.

Finally got it working, I manage to extract them both. However I think there is a bug for opening up custom battle would always crash my game.

Finally got it working, I manage to extract them both. However I think there is a bug for opening up custom battle would always crash my game.
    • If the mod crashes at the custom battle :
      Go to your AppData folder (search for %appdata% with Windows). Mine is located at C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila. Delete the folder "battle_preferences".

v1.03r - November 18, 2018

Updates to Iberian faction - eliminated potential of rebel spawns - however, will still be a civil war faction potentially. Attempting to eliminate potential crashes

Slight changes to Egyptian variant colors

Fixed roman general portrait

Adjustments to barbarian land buildings
    Slight increase in food production
    slight decrease in squalor and public order on some buildings - Barbarian Expansion pack needed.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5vpvx...Nov_18.7z/file

4tpy submod - November 18, 2018
    updated to include the new barbarian expansion pack. not save game compatible.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/01vp0...k1.03r.7z/file
    Last edited by texoman81; November 19, 2018 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by texoman81 View Post
    v1.03r - November 18, 2018

Updates to Iberian faction - eliminated potential of rebel spawns - however, will still be a civil war faction potentially. Attempting to eliminate potential crashes

Slight changes to Egyptian variant colors

Fixed roman general portrait

Adjustments to barbarian land buildings
    Slight increase in food production
    slight decrease in squalor and public order on some buildings - Barbarian Expansion pack needed.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5vpvx...Nov_18.7z/file

4tpy submod - November 18, 2018
    updated to include the new barbarian expansion pack. not save game compatible.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/01vp0...k1.03r.7z/file
    Thanks mate, this is actually that we need.

Default Re: direct download - Ancient Empires 1.03r (updated Nov 18)

Another mac player. I've downloaded the newest files pack1 pack2 and the barbarian expansion and the game does load. However, I do not have the option to select any of the new barbarian factions to play during the grand campaign. I also have a weird models glitch where some of the roman republic units shields are absent. I don't have any submods loaded. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Well I got the barbarians working, It was loading in my script list in the right order. Rome republic shields are still missing but that is the only issue thus far. Any other Mac users experiencing this?

I actually can't get Attila to run on my Mac with or without mods now. That could be because i have a 2009 Mac Pro that is still running El Capitan. I've spent over an hour trying to get it to work but i've given up and gone back to Windows for AE. Before i had a gaming PC, i always used Parallels (or BootCamp) to play Rome II and Attila. Even when I did get mods to work running native on Mac, there were some scripts that didn't work, and any update could break everything completely. I'm glad that some of you Mac users have gotten AE to run native on Mac. I would still suggest that Mac users play newer Total War games using Windows, but i know many of you don't want to for a variety of reasons.