Default Re: RTR8 4.0 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dacrazymofo View Post
    Pontus Units w/ no decription -

Slave Phalangites
    City Guard
    Pontic Spearmen
    Many units still need descriptions

Hey guys, I've been enjoying the mod so far but I'm having issues with CTDs during battle. It would just freeze whenever I group my units and drag them to any kind of formation. I'm not sure if it's this mod specific but on ALX vanila i had no such problem. Would anyone know a workaround to this?

It is something specific with this mod, and it happens to everyone. Just refrain from using those formations as they cause a ton of crashes.

I see, but would there be a way to revert back the formations to the way it is in vanilla? I mean the arrows that show up look different maybe that could be a fix to this.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Hi guys.

I merged all small hotfixes posted here and there to one file which can be easily installed over main 4.0.2 installation (cumulative minipatch).
    Includes Robbe's climate hotfix, UI/texture fixes of bugs found by Foxcon and Carthage recruitment fix by Siberian Wolf.

RTR quickfix 181030 for 4.0.2.zip
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

I get the same problem

When I group units in a battle there is a total freeze and I have to reboot
    Does not happen all the time only when I try to draw the formations out to cover a area
    other then that Great mod Thanks

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian Axeman View Post
    When I group units in a battle there is a total freeze and I have to reboot
    Does not happen all the time only when I try to draw the formations out to cover a area
    other then that Great mod Thanks
    Try this descr_formations.txt file, taken from Vanilla Enchancement mod (our current project with Ahowl). See if this helps.

descr_formations.txt
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

That helped with formations, but now it crashes at the end of a battle and i get this, CR_LIBS

When is the marian reforms kick in? I don't see a Q&A thread for RTR 8... Sorry...

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

GauisElpizo

As mentioned in this tutorial: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...uidelines(WIP)

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    10. the marian reform works on Alexander engine and apparently there`s also a change to the way it is triggered in the sense that it can not be triggered before 220 BC even if an imperial_place is built in a settlement/region that has the italy hidden resource. Source.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

When I try to play in your mod it appears. What can I do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 111111111111.png  

Как я сейчас заметил, администратор из Москвы.
    Скажите, можно ли это исправить, и если да, то как?

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

takedashingen123
    Something went wrong with the installation, the file should be right in place in official 4.0.2 pack.
    Checked with this link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-rome-...2-full-version
    Try reinstalling the mod.

RU: Что-то пошло не так с установкой, в архиве 4.0.2 точно есть этот файл в нужном месте. Проверял по ссылке. Попробуйте переустановить мод.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Hi, there my first post. I have done my first playthrough with Macedon on H/VH. What i noticed that at some point, the prices of buildings in settlements either become ridiculously low (1 to 200 - 300 denari) even for very advanced buildings. What is more curious that at some settlements the prices are very high. Example - Agora costs 1 denarii in one settlement and 38000 denarii in other at the same time. Prices for units remain the same. I presume this is some kind of bug. If neccessary i can provide savegames close to the end of the game where one can see it clearly.
    I am sorry if this has been already dealt with somewhere its just a thing i noticed.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

gothmog11
    Thank you for feedback.

The costs are being modified by special kind of discounts while you are improving your settlements and it's not a bug, but intended feature. The more developed is your settlement, the more resources and craftsmen communities you have in it, the easier and cheaper it is to construct or upgrade buildings in this specific location. Just like Civilization game series, where "Production" points are used to determine amount of time required to finish new projects.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    gothmog11
    Thank you for feedback.

The costs are being modified by special kind of discounts while you are improving your settlements and it's not a bug, but intended feature. The more developed is your settlement, the more resources and craftsmen communities you have in it, the easier and cheaper it is to construct or upgrade buildings in this specific location. Just like Civilization game series, where "Production" points are used to determine amount of time required to finish new projects.

Thanks a lot for making this clear to me. I must congratulate you and all the people, who dedicate their time and energy into modding RTW. You have really made this game very detailed and enjoyable to play. I hope that some day RTW 2 will have similar mods, that have such a team (individuals) behind them. I ll post if something i found comes up. Next playthrough with Carthage

I'm loving the challenge, just have a quick question.
    Is there any way to stop Rebels from attacking me as Bactria. I'm unable to leave my settlements lightly defended as the second I do, they get swarmed by rebels with elephants and the like. My economy doesn't allow me to have a defending and attacking army. It always seems to happen when I take Taxilia. The second I do they run to my 2 starting cities and besiege them with armies I can't do anything against.

Is there a sub-mod that separates Greece and Italy? I just feel like it was a wrong decision to connect them, crossing the Adriatic sea in antiquity was not that simple, especially for armies and easy as going from Italy to Sicily, just ask Pyrrhus of Epirus or Spartacus.

EDIT: As Rome, I besieged Arriminium, the outside one unit rebel army attacks me and is reinforced by the full stack from the city, so obviously I deploy my army towards the city in the battle map. But every time I shift my camera towards the stack from the city the game crashes...

I tried attacking from a different angle, and yup again, the game crashes, I don't get it this is the first city you attack as Rome how hasn't this been noticed and fixed before or am I just super unlucky?
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; December 05, 2018 at 03:29 PM.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

@The Despondent Mind...iirc a landbridge was originally put further North to encourage the AI(Romans) to advance East sooner than they normally do, but they would attack Illyria and destroy them early, putting the landbridge where it is now deflects that and gives them a chance. The ctd at Ariminum could possibly be a terrain/vegetation bug on one of the tiles around the settlement, we found and fixed many of them and this maybe one that was missed. I did mucho testing of this mod and I did not have any problems with the Romans that I remember, you have obviously been unlucky as it takes certain circumstances for these bugs to show up and took us a long time to discover others similar. There is also the possibility it could be the "camera bug" that is known to happen from time to time with the ALX.exe(again under certain circumstances but usually on the battlefield) Thanks for your feedback I will test it myself later and get back to you

Update: I have tested your scenario, I besieged Ariminum on the 4th turn from the West replaying and besieging from the South and was attacked by the army outside each time and all was well, so it would appear it's not the mod

Update 2: As an afterthought I tested again this time as the Gauls and attacked from the North and I still found nothing, all was fine.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; December 08, 2018 at 08:43 PM. Reason: update 2
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre