Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Alternative Economy (Updated 09.08.19)

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: [Submod] Alternative Economy (Updated 04.07.18)

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Thank you .
    UPDATE: our illustrious Jake has modified the money script, so now at every start of a new campaign, you'll treasury will be increased to compensate for the higher costs. I've chosen to aim at around 4,5x the regular treasury, which in Rome's case will amount to a bit under 100k, for other factions it'll be a bit less. This amount will allow you to build all capital buildings inside a sizeable province and probably recruit some troops at turn 1.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cS...NtetdshGBx0r-k
    All hail the illustrious Jake!

Nice addition, guys!

And regarding the agent actions, around the 80th turn, they would now cost from 350-500. Was that the level you were aiming at? It is probably not that much when you think about the scale of the economy in this mod, but then, on the other hand, given how much other costs have increased, it will be too much of a strain on the economy to set them even higher, I think.

I don't really know :p, I think actions go up the more you use them, just like political actions. But considering that fact that I already increased them by 500%, it wouldn't make any difference to increase them even further anyway.

Does this work with the current version? I got it off of steam but when i launch the game i get ctd

Quote Originally Posted by armen View Post
    Does this work with the current version? I got it off of steam but when i launch the game i get ctd
    It works with the current beta patch that you can only get from TWC. Not sure if it works without it.

However I'd suggest using DeI from the TWC download only as steam is pretty unreliable in general but also lately had a update that caused issues with mods.

If possible, can I have a version of this that uses both the extra money script and the scaled softcore changes? Thank you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LE...BE6s6GSnm0rX2I this version has increased monetary boni as well as the upscaled imperium incomes + the general income buff the softcore mod features. I didn't implement the other changes from the softcore mod in terms of diplomacy and campaign ai, so you can turn the softcore mod off and on if you want those as well in a lower load order. Just consider this a slightly easier version of the regular version.

I usually play with the no AI version anyways and run De AI Arbitris, so thanks. Does it include the food and squalor changes that are part of Softcore?

No, I didn't think that was neccesary :p.

Right. I needed to go check the other thread, but the food/squalor changes with softcore are compatible with this, are they not?

Yeah, they should be, just check it out, there's no harm in turning either mod off or on.

Hopefully new dei patch doesn't mess anything up, got a fantastically fun campaign going

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LE...BE6s6GSnm0rX2I updated softcore version
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cS...NtetdshGBx0r-k updated regular version
    Only had to adjust the price of the 2 new units, so it shouldn't affect your campaign otherwise.

Dardo what is wrong with you mate your a MACHINEEE Far out thanks again mate <3

I also sneakily brought the upkeep costs for barracks in line as well, so don't be alarmed if your income is a bit lower.

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

I also sneakily brought the upkeep costs for barracks in line as well, so don't be alarmed if your income is a bit lower.
    Your work on the mod is highly appreciated dardo!! Have you increased maintenance cost for military wharves as well? Will check it out on a free evening in the near future

This mod is perfect for me as regular DeI's economy is easily manageable whilst playing on hard makes diplomacy a real chore. So this is the best middle ground

Quote Originally Posted by Nordling View Post
    Your work on the mod is highly appreciated dardo!! Have you increased maintenance cost for military wharves as well?
    Thanks for the praise, I hadn't noticed the upkeep on wharfs, it's only given to barbarian and hellenistic factions appearently. Both links have been updated.

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks for the praise, I hadn't noticed the upkeep on wharfs, it's only given to barbarian and hellenistic factions appearently. Both links have been updated.
    No problem mate. Thank you for amazing work on the mod!

just fyi, the 2 links a few posts above, should be compatible with the new release, I'll have to readjust the prices a bit, but it shouldn't be gamebreaking.

Hi

First allow me to congratulate you for DeI. It's great, I can't play RTW without it any more.

I didn't understand how to use the paches to fix crashed during campaigns. Could you explain it to me please?

They're not patches in this case, just use 1 of the 2 files, the first file makes it slightly easier for the player, the 2nd file is the normal version. Download 1 of the 2 files, and paste it in the data folder of your Rome 2 installation and then activate it in the mod launcher for the game.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LEQUNSza0QLIZuLr1NBE6s6GSnm0rX2I
    updated softcore version
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cS...NtetdshGBx0r-k updated regular version