Thread: Armies inside settlements not reinforcing

Default Armies inside settlements not reinforcing

http://prntscr.com/i2a6ia

I've never actually got that far in the game so far, so i havent had that much of a chance to be attacked near walled settlements, i remember the same thing happening in Radious which was 1 of the reasons why I switched, because i tought it was a feature of radious or base game

I also remember searching for it back then, but had no luck finding anything, if anyone could help me id appreciate it

Default Re: Armies inside settlements not reinforcing

Yeah, your main force is being besieged, and this closes all exits, so it can't reinforce armies standing outside, it's a double edged sword since you can apply the same thing. If an army is standing outside a settlement, you besiege it, defeat the outside army and then focus on the settlement.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Welcome to our forum The next time you want to report a suspected bug you are inclined to do so in this thread.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-2-Bug-Reports

There is nothing wrong with the mod or the game in this case. Everything is as it should be. The reason why your army in the city is not reinforcing is due to the AI besieging your city, thus blocking any reinforcements. The AI will often when outnumbering you, do this to prevent you from reinforcing

EDIT: Aaaand Dardo beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post

EDIT: Aaaand Dardo beat me to it
    I was hoping you wouldn't beat me to it :p.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Yeah, your main force is being besieged, and this closes all exits, so it can't reinforce armies standing outside, it's a double edged sword since you can apply the same thing. If an army is standing outside a settlement, you besiege it, defeat the outside army and then focus on the settlement.
    Oh, I didnt even notice it was being besieged, thank you good sir

, how come have I never thought of doing this before!? This makes taking cities much easier when it's surrounded by AI armies.

Yeah, I've been learning more tricks while I've been unable to play, Night Commander to avoid facing multiple armies, using archers to attack towers rather than with ballistae f.e.

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Yeah, I've been learning more tricks while I've been unable to play, Night Commander to avoid facing multiple armies, using archers to attack towers rather than with ballistae f.e.
    Settlement towers? I started using fire arrows for forts recently where as before I would just accept the casualties their towers caused, are they useful for main city towers too?

Yeah, just saw it on a DEI-playthrough, fire arrows torch them up pretty quickly.

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Awesome, thank you for that tip I had no idea! Always hated wasting ballista ammo on the towers.

Sorry for offtopic but anyone thinks that Night Commander is almost like cheat trait? I never use it...

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    Sorry for offtopic but anyone thinks that Night Commander is almost like cheat trait? I never use it...
    Yeap it's way OP.

In my opinion the AI needs so many boosts to survive your onslaught that it gets out of hand. DEI is very good in this but Atilla for example is stupidly unreal. The AI wont go to battle against you without 3-4 stacks. So although it makes it easier for the player it also maintains a semblance of "balance" in that you can be invaded by multiple armies but.you can go Napoleonic on them and destroy them piece by piece. Im probably wrong here but its what it is.......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Αn old dog learning new tricks ???

Yeah, and without playing the game at that :p.

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

>2 full Arverni stacks in Galia Cisalpina. What did you do wrong in your campaign?

The easy way around it is to send 1 unit army to besiege and then use your full stack to wipe out anyone outside. Or if you're a true roman, take the 1:3 odds and beat them anyway.

If the engine was capable of supporting more units the massive battles would be much more interesting but it cannot, so it becomes a lag fest. Also the battlefield reinforcement has been the same since beginning of dawn, you would think they would give small deployment zones for your reinforcing units or something as such. The current system is so underwhelming it becomes a chore to fight with multiple armies.
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Quote Originally Posted by waidizss View Post
    >2 full Arverni stacks in Galia Cisalpina. What did you do wrong in your campaign?

The easy way around it is to send 1 unit army to besiege and then use your full stack to wipe out anyone outside. Or if you're a true roman, take the 1:3 odds and beat them anyway.

If the engine was capable of supporting more units the massive battles would be much more interesting but it cannot, so it becomes a lag fest. Also the battlefield reinforcement has been the same since beginning of dawn, you would think they would give small deployment zones for your reinforcing units or something as such. The current system is so underwhelming it becomes a chore to fight with multiple armies.
    I went wrong by declearing war on a faction that triggered a chain reaction that made everyone hate me

Quote Originally Posted by LewisTheThird View Post
    I went wrong by declearing war on a faction that triggered a chain reaction that made everyone hate me
    Try to plan ahead. Always be prepared for a diplomatic domino effect and start even from turn one have in mind your future expansion areas.