Thread: Hi I have several story ideas but...

Default Hi I have several story ideas but...

I need an editor and someone to help flesh out my ideas. so I guess I'm looking for a co-writer?

I have a couple stories I can post if people want examples of how I write. Pm or post here if interested.

Default Re: Hi I have several story ideas but...

I would like to be co -writer .I would extremely like to .Plus i also have the time to do it .
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

kingofsamurai, welcome! You are welcome to post stories in the Writers' Study in the Creative Writing sub-forum (or the appropriate AAR sub-forum, if it's based on a game). Whether or not you co-write with someone, posting your work here can be a way to get positive feedback (especially if you post feedback on other people's stories).

You can also ask questions about aspects of writing, either on the chat thread here in the Lounge or by starting a new thread in the Lounge.

You might also be interested in the Critic's Quill, which published articles relating to writing here in the Study. There's a link in my signature and the Log Book thread (here in the Lounge) provides an index of all the articles.

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Welcome, kingofsamurai!

I hope you'll be able to post some of your writing for us.

In the meantime, Alwyn's advice is excellent (as always).

This is my Mordheim story as a start, it still a very rough draft.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Mordheim The City of the Damned, Jinto of the Skaven Clan Eshin along with Fylch Sharptail and their servants where dispatched to claim the Warpstone and kill any who got in their way. Jinto though was ordered by Murderlord Snikket, one of the mighty warlords of Clan Eshin, to keep an eye on Sharptail, not trusting him much less those Sharptail had around him. The Nightmaster, the shadowy master of clan Eshin and who was part of the Council of Thirteen even sent a message to Jinto wanting Sharptail on a tight leash without him knowing it.

Jinto left with Sharptail and those going with him. Jinto’s force started small so as not to arise suspicion but more would join him at a later date.

His five other fellow Skaven with him where Thanrin Throatcutter, the Doctor and Poison Wind Globadier that was begrudgingly taught by Clan Skryre,

Haksith Var, the oldest skaven next to Jinto of the current group, he was a warp guard, Skaven immune to the terrible mutating effects of warp stone and thus able to guard it.

Brazen Mankiller who was being taught by Haksith, Brazen being a fiercer fighter then most Skaven that he shared status as a verminkin with. Haksith’s protests were silenced by Jinto and Jinto has made sure the two stuck close, seeing both as valuable warriors and made sure they learned from one another.

Frikneth Fetch was strange as he called himself that and refereed to himself in third person. Frikneth was much like Brazen tho not as strong and brave but he had a sharp mind and was resident scout and sometimes being a sparing partner for Jinto when he was feeling bored. Secretly, Jinto was hoping Frikneth could be something like him and was Jinto’s back up should he be unable to lead for whatever reason.

The youngest and most inexperienced of the group was Skirs Throatcutter, another warp guard who followed Thanrin who was his slightly older brother being born from the same breeder and roughly the same time, both having each others hands wrapped around the others throat, yet despite this rough beginning both liked each other very much. they strangely watched each others backs as best they could.

Jinto and his warband went exploring in the ruins as Sharptail was taking one of the wall towers between the Clock Tower and the Wizard’s Mansions and some of the ruined building near it. Jinto and his warband started heading towards the Clock Tower thinking it would make an excellent vantage point and to keep an eye out for trouble from Sharptail and other enemies.

As they walked sounds of battle could be heard Jinto and his warband were on edge already as the city seemed dead and nothing was moving save the wind it gave Jinto the creeps so the sudden noise was both a relief and terrifying at the same time. His fur tingled as he and Frikneth started moving up towards the battle with the rest fallowing close behind.

Frikneth saw the chaos archer, his one arm looked massive compared the other one as the mutant shafted an arrow. Frikneth motioned to the rest, Jinto nodded as his weeping blades were drawn as they started moving and getting into position to ambush those that where fighting. It looked like human mercenaries and members of the Sisters of Sigmar where fighting the Cult of Possessed. Jinto gave the signal to Frikneth and Frikneth delivered sending a Shuriken right in between the Mutants eyes, sending him falling to his death on the hard ground below. When the last of the Man things fell leaving the sisters cornered and alone. Thanrin fired his twin warplock pistols at another mutant felling him as the rest of the warband charged and attacked the possessed. Jinto fought their leader of this group of cultists severing his head in one fell swoop, Friketh killed another cultist wielding a great hammer, stabbing the cultist multiple times as it fell. The two warp guards and Brazen killed their foes with easy but this left a demon possessed human left who was very, very angry. The monstrous human roared as it charged at Jinto, however, Thanrin had reloaded his pistols and fired once more knocking the Demon possessed off his feet. The other Skaven soon formed up somewhat as Thanrin reloaded and readied his pistols as he got to his fellow ratmen. The human started rising up and soon sat up, Jinto readied himself as Thanrin fired once more. Taking off one of the possessed humans arms this time. Jinto struck before the possessed could fully stand. Jinto ran a blade right through the possessed human’s neck while the other held back the beasts remaining clawed hand. Jinto could feel the evil from his foe and twisting his blade he severed the head of the foul beast.

Stupid-stupid chaos things. Fools to think-want defeat mighty Jinto and his warband. Now your dead-dead!”

Jinto spat as he surveyed the scene. Jinto then saw the sisters huddled most were injured only one stood between Jinto and them that seemed unscathed but Jinto was at the moment uninterested in that, it hadn't escaped his notice that the humans and sisters where working together and protecting something which meant something of great value was here. The Sisters’s where blocking the door to a burned out inn and Jinto was not In the mood to fight those on death’s door. He thought a moment and while he disliked the idea, diplomacy would have to do for now. He sheathed his blades and began to speak.

Sister-thing we have a proposal for you. In exchange for treating you and your comrades wounds, we want to know what you are protecting. Fair yes-yes?”

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

Hello and Welcome kingofsamurai!

It's always good to see a fresh face around the WS, and I look forward to seeing whatever of your writing you decide to share with us. The Mordheim story you posted was very enjoyable.

I would suggest being a little more specific about what you need from a co-writer, for those who are interested to understand what they are going to be doing. Do you need someone to edit for grammar and conventions? Do you actually need someone to help you develop plot points in your stories, or bounce your ideas off of? Or maybe you need someone who can help you refine ideas like on a storyboard. This kind of information would all be useful for someone who is interested in helping in some specific capacity but doesn't want ti offer in case that's not the kind of help you're looking for.

Finally, to echo what Alwyn said, even if you don't find an official co-writer, you can always post your stories here in the WS and there will be plenty of people happy to give you feedback as you post! Good luck, hope to read more from you soon!

yea grammar and such but also help connect some of my plot points and yea help refine my ideas.

NorseThing's absolutely right, of course - you can always post your stories in the WS, even without a co-writer, and people will offer feedback. But you don't have to wait till you've done the writing to ask for help; you can ask for advice before you've written anything, if you want to!

I'd suggest, since you're hoping for help with your plot points and ideas, that you try posting about those. Tell us what you have questions about. That way, people can see what sort of thing you're planning and decide whether or not they're able to help. You might also get suggestions from more than one person that way, which can be very useful - different people have different ideas and different preferences, so you might as well hear from as many different people as you can!
    Last edited by Caillagh de Bodemloze; January 15, 2018 at 07:56 AM.

Ok well I'm thinking of doing a story about green skins and dwarfs if anyone knows about the battle of skull pass book (one of the books that taught newbie how to play Warhammer) and want to incorporate my dwarven campaign from total war Warhammer and unsure how to fuse them togeather

Welcome back, kingofsamurai.

I'm afraid I don't know the Battle of Skull Pass book, but even if I did, I'd need more information to be able to make any suggestions here.

Which things from your campaign do you want to incorporate in the story? Which things from outside your campaign do you want to incorporate in the story? What kind of story are you thinking of writing? Will it focus on particular characters? What will those characters be trying to do?

It sounds as if you're likely to be writing something that would be considered an AAR here. Is that right? If so, you'd be very welcome to post the start of it in the Warhammer AARs section of the WS, and then come back here and ask for advice about what you've written. That might be easier than asking questions before you've started, because it'll mean we can see more of what you're trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Caillagh de Bodemloze View Post
    Welcome back, kingofsamurai.

I'm afraid I don't know the Battle of Skull Pass book, but even if I did, I'd need more information to be able to make any suggestions here.

Which things from your campaign do you want to incorporate in the story? Which things from outside your campaign do you want to incorporate in the story? What kind of story are you thinking of writing? Will it focus on particular characters? What will those characters be trying to do?

It sounds as if you're likely to be writing something that would be considered an AAR here. Is that right? If so, you'd be very welcome to post the start of it in the Warhammer AARs section of the WS, and then come back here and ask for advice about what you've written. That might be easier than asking questions before you've started, because it'll mean we can see more of what you're trying to do.
    I'm not sure from my campaign

but I know for the battle of skull pass I want a segment from the crooked moon tribe of goblins, the dwarfs who live in skull passs and my own OC orc warboss Gresh but sure on a plot kinda.

I'm afraid, since I don't know the book, and don't know the game (my computer can't run Warhammer), that doesn't help me much. Who are these people, and what are they doing?

Did you mean you have the plot more or less sorted out? Or that you haven't done that yet? I'd suggest that you need at least some idea of the plot before we can be very much help. You're the one who's going to write this - you're the only one who knows what you find interesting to write about. So I suggest trying to answer my earlier questions, especially:
    Quote Originally Posted by Caillagh de Bodemloze
    What kind of story are you thinking of writing? Will it focus on particular characters? What will those characters be trying to do?
    Once you know the answers to those, that will help you a lot, I think.

I kinda do and don't. it will focus on my orc warbos who ends up siding with the dwarfs against the crooked moon tribe and their allies.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Battle_For_Skull_Pass here a link to some info of the battle skull pass.

Well, that second sentence looks like a good start.

So, it's going to focus on your orc warboss. He's going to end up siding with the dwarfs. Why is he going to do that? What things are going to happen to make that seem like a good idea to him? When you know that, you can probably get on with writing the story.