Thread: Just purchased through Steam, game crashes at the start

Default Just purchased through Steam, game crashes at the start

So I tried following the advice found here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ching-Shogun-2

Steps 1, 3 and 4 did no good. I tried Step 2 (delete/rename the file preferences.script.txt) but when I opened the scripts folder it was empty.

I've seen some older posts saying to uninstall Chrome but that won't work for most everything else I do with a computer.

What are some other options to get the game working?

Default Re: Just purchased through Steam, game crashes at the start

Well, when I had a similar problem with Rome 2, I deleted the Rome 2 folder. Go to C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2.
    Delete the bolded folder and go to the game folder, righ click the game > properties > run as administrator.
    Then, try to launch the game through steam launcher as usual.
    I hope it works!

"Mankind must establish an end to the war, or the war will establish an end to mankind" - John F. Kennedy

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Just purchased through Steam, game crashes at the start

Quote Originally Posted by grover_nk13 View Post
    So I tried following the advice found here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ching-Shogun-2

Steps 1, 3 and 4 did no good. I tried Step 2 (delete/rename the file preferences.script.txt) but when I opened the scripts folder it was empty.

I've seen some older posts saying to uninstall Chrome but that won't work for most everything else I do with a computer.

What are some other options to get the game working?
    Where is Steam installed? If Steam is installed in the C:\Program Files(x86) folder then uninstall Shogun 2 TW and reinstall Steam. The UAC in Windows Vista or newer is known to prevent users to launch games.

However, if Steam is installed in the UAC folder, but Shogun 2 TW is installed outside of the Steam folder then verify the game cache and try again without using any mods.

Also, don't forget to delete the ClientRegistry.blob file before launching Shogun 2 TW and don't worry it's safe to delete that .blob file.

4. Delete your Steam ClientRegistry.blob file. This can be found in your Steam installation folder (for me it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam)
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.