Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaskad View Post
    Hi ! Could someone explain the difference between an allied state (whatever oligarchic or democratic) and the native administration form of government ? Playing as Epeiros, which form of government would you advise to implement in Rhegion, Taras or Epidamnos, which all have mixed cultures and where the hellenistic culture is not dominant (yet)
    Politically, the Allied Government (the Allied State is a "barbarian" form of Native Admin) is independent and only nominally under the faction's control. It has a more limited infrastructure tree, but the Client Ruler in place makes it easier to keep control of it (and it doesn't require you to leave one of your FMs behind as governor).

All of those places could have either an Allied Government or some factional government of your choice - they all have a polis so could go straight to a Hellenic Admin. What the Native Admin gives you over the Hellenic Admin is a wider range of native units. That's your choice essentially, do you want a range of locals, or are you more interested in colonisation and getting Hellenistic professionals?

Thanks Quintus, it s more clear now

Question regarding Pastoral settlements - is the pastoral region level supposed to be fixed from start or should we be able to upgrade provinces to higher levels?
    Currently, It seems provinces which start only with Pastoral Region can always be upgraded to Large Pastoral Region. From what I saw it is not possible to upgrade from Large Pastoral Region to Extensive Pastoral region so only provinces which start with it can be fully developed. Is this how it was designed?
    Thanks to clarify this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengazub View Post
    Question regarding Pastoral settlements - is the pastoral region level supposed to be fixed from start or should we be able to upgrade provinces to higher levels?
    Currently, It seems provinces which start only with Pastoral Region can always be upgraded to Large Pastoral Region. From what I saw it is not possible to upgrade from Large Pastoral Region to Extensive Pastoral region so only provinces which start with it can be fully developed. Is this how it was designed?
    Thanks to clarify this topic.
    It's fixed at the start whether or not they're convertible and how far up they can go. Kull could explain in more detail, since he designed the system.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Just wanted to share a great moment with you guys. Playing as Koinon I relentlessy pursued the war with the hated Makedones, and now, after many a battle, ended the war, killed Gonatas, destroyed Pella in 261 BC, the same year Athens historically fell and the Makedones won Thanks for this awesome mod.

Update on Indian pools, which were the sole remaining place that region_religion linkage was in use. For 2.3a, this is now regionalised in the usual way. There are more urban units in Gandhara and Sagala, more tribal ones in Saurashtra, and Patala and Opiana have a more even balance.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Update on Indian pools, which were the sole remaining place that region_religion linkage was in use. For 2.3a, this is now regionalised in the usual way. There are more urban units in Gandhara and Sagala, more tribal ones in Saurashtra, and Patala and Opiana have a more even balance.
    What's the difference in how this affects the game?
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

How does this affect how you use yhr Indian Governments?

Do you need to build Direct Mauryan Gov on Gandhara and Sagala and Tribal Gov on Saurashtra only?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    What's the difference in how this affects the game?
    Firstly, it means the tribal units don't disappear shortly after taking the provinces with high levels of rel_f (which was the trigger for their appearance, and when it fell below a certain level, they all vanished). Secondly, it means there's actually a difference between the provinces in terms of what units they provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    How does this affect how you use yhr Indian Governments?

Do you need to build Direct Mauryan Gov on Gandhara and Sagala and Tribal Gov on Saurashtra only?
    It doesn't change the governments themselves, theyre still predicated on levels of rel_f or rel_i. Gandhara and Sagala won't have a high enough level of rel_f to qualify for Tribal Government, which will impact the units provided.

Settlers ready to send off..... Playing as Carthage and the advisor pops up to tell me this at start of each turn but I can't see how to respond. I'm sure this has been asked before. But I can't find reference to what to do about it. Thanks. (Tried Ancient Empires and I appreciate the massive effort that went into it but I keep coming back to EB2).
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    Settlers ready to send off..... Playing as Carthage and the advisor pops up to tell me this at start of each turn but I can't see how to respond. I'm sure this has been asked before. But I can't find reference to what to do about it. Thanks. (Tried Ancient Empires and I appreciate the massive effort that went into it but I keep coming back to EB2).
    Check every one of your settlements for an available colony building, and build it in the most convenient spot. Just make sure to never remove it from the building queue, as that'll make it disappear and you'll have to wait 16 turns for the next batch of settlers.

The pop ups stop happening after so many turns. It just means that you have colonists which can be used to build settler colonies(not sure if merc colonies require them)--the pop up will disappear if you've used all your colonists on colony buildings, though it will reappear after so many turns if you gain new colonists, assuming the the pop-up stop timer hasn't triggered yet. 1 colonist point accrues every 16 turns per council administration IIRC.

The notifications also stop appearing after turn 64 - you should have gotten the hang of it by then and they just become annoying.

The notifications also stop appearing after turn 64 - you should have gotten the hang of it by then and they just become annoying.
    Thanks QuintusSertorius and Genghis Skahn and anthanaric!
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

What will be new in version 2.4 and how far is the progress? Also will there ever be visual armor upgrades or any armor upgrades at all?

Quote Originally Posted by crazy123 View Post
    Also will there ever be visual armor upgrades or any armor upgrades at all?
    Actually, there are already armor uppgrades in the game. I don't know about the other factions but for Carthage you can have some troops uppgraded after the reforms (especially in the second reform) and you can check that the units start using better armors, shields, helmets, etc...

The next version will be called 2.35, rather than 2.3a. And it's going to be a full installer, the patch approach isn't going to work with the number of underlying changes to folder structures, deleted files and such.

From my perspective, about 2/3rds of recruitment pools have been rewritten; the only places not touched are Britain, Gaul, Germania, Iberia, north Africa, Greece and the Sakan corner. There's a massive new script with nomadic invasions of the eastern steppe - no more secure north-east corner of the map which goes passive once you wipe out Saka/Baktria/Taksashila.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; June 07, 2018 at 07:44 AM.

The next version will be called 2.35, rather than 2.3a. And it's going to be a full installer, the patch approach isn't going to work with the number of underlying changes to folder structures, deleted files and such.

From my perspective, about 2/3rds of recruitment pools have been rewritten; the only places not touched are Britain, Gaul, Germania, Iberia, north Africa, Greece and the Sakan corner. There's a massive new script with nomadic invasions of the eastern steppe - no more secure north-east corner of the map which goes passive once you wipe out Saka/Baktria/Taksashila.
    Ooh very nice!

Any estimation as for when?

When it's ready.

Those invasions sound fantastic - one of the reasons I could never get into a Saka campaign was that after a certain point there is never any possible threat to your homeland and you just keep pushing inexorably west. Playing as Parthia, Baktria, or the Seleukids I would always leave the Saka and Taksashila alive to force me to garrison that eastern border. These invasions sound great, now I won't have to artificially keep factions alive just to keep the world feeling "real"