Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

Default Re: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

EditSF 1.2.5 is out now. It's a quick attempt to fix opening save files from The Warden & The Paunch. I wouldn't be surprised if it breaks quickly as I was working off of a only 2 sample files and could easily have missed something.

EditSF 1.2.6 is out now. It's a slightly more robust fix for the fix to parsing multiplayer saves in EditSF 1.2.5.

EditSF 1.2.7 is out now. It is a hotfix for two parsing errors found in EditSF 1.2.6.

Update for Troy?
    MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI
    CPU: Intel Core i7 11700K
    COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    MEM: Corsair DDR 4 64Gb(16x4) 3600Mhz CL16 Vengance LPX
    VGA: RTX 3080 ZOTAC GAMING Trinity OC
    SSD 1: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S50 Lite NVMe M.2 2TB
    SSD 2/3:
    ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB
    PS: Corsair HX850 Series 80+ Platinum 850W
    CASE: Full-Тower Corsair Graphite 780T
    Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B 31.5", WQHD(2560 x 1440), 165Hz, 1ms, HDR10, ELMB

We have a new staff member who is working on finishing a tool to rapidly decode table schemas. They claim to be close to finishing it, but the tool isn't fully functional yet. Other than that, I could do the work to get Troy added to the menus in a few hours, but I don't think it would help much since without the tool PFM would just wind up with an option to select Troy but no tables that were readable.

SSD 2/3:
    Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B 31.5", WQHD(2560 x 1440), 165Hz, 1ms, HDR10, ELMB

Greetings!

On version 5.2.4 of Pack File Manager, with the latest schema, the initial set up keeps skipping Total War: Rome II. It goes straight from Attila to Shogun II. I have tried looking online for a solution to no avail, and could not set it up using the Game menu within the application. Additionally, I have tried using an older version and I have the same problem. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks for your time!

**EDIT**
    I have found a file called "gamedirs.txt". It appears Pack File Manager was able to locate the game automatically; however, by default it has Total Warhammer II selected (that is, until I set a directory for Shogun II, which I did accidentally, and now it selects Shogun II, which is not installed). The Game menu will not allow me to select Rome II. Lastly, I noticed this after initial set up when pressing the cancel button after every item in setup:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pfmerror.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	362490

Final Edit:
    Solved. It turns out it was simply because it was detecting the wrong location for Total War Rome II. It went to my C drive instead of my D drive. Fixed.
    Last edited by Thrillology; August 30, 2020 at 02:40 AM.

"It's me, Smeagol."
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

News?
    SSD 2/3:

Hey guys,

Whenever I try to save my compilation mod *which is quite big, up to 4 gb* my disk space (had more than 10 gb of space) fills up to the brim, disabling from saving all the changes. Is there nothing else that can be done about that?

Schema 143 is out now. It introduces 32 new table schemas for Warhammer 2's newest update. The full changelist can be found in the schema update thread.

PFM doesn't extract localisation.loc properly.

Sometime there are no space between end and beginning of a sentences ie. bye.Hello

Any attempt to put a space at the end of the sentence e.g. "message_event_text_text_war_1" "War has broken out between these nations: " "False" in tsv doesn't import into pfm.
    However if i use pfm and insert a space e.g. nations: " and save it the game works properly. If i export the file to tsv then the space isn't there = nations:"
    Last edited by coolgit; January 08, 2021 at 12:09 AM.

Which games are you having this problem with?
    To confirm, your problem is that spaces at the start/end of strings are disappearing in the process of importing/exporting from tsv's, is that correct?

Hello there.
    I am trying to find PFM 1.4.5 for download. Can anyone direct me?

The oldest version of PFM that I could find is 1.5, which is found on the old sourceforge repository. If you don't mind me asking, is there a particular reason you're looking for such an old version of PFM?

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    The oldest version of PFM that I could find is 1.5, which is found on the old sourceforge repository. If you don't mind me asking, is there a particular reason you're looking for such an old version of PFM?
    Thanks.
    I was trying to change the names of some factions in Empire Total War, by renaming them in localisation.loc in local_en.pack, but the pack I created was not working. And when I changed it from pack to movie type the game crashed on loading save.
    I was recommended to use an older version of PFM. Not sure if it will work. Will try it soon.

Hi there,

Sorry to crash this thread, I just wanted to report an error I encountered in Pack File Manager 5.2.4 while I was editing the regions.esf file.

Is there any chance that your group is already aware of this issue? I find it weird that I don't have the same problem when editing the startpos.esf file. I also encountered errors when I tried to open it using EditSF 1.1.1 and 1.2.7 (though I did not note down the exact error message there), so it's probably not an issue that's specific to PFM...

Screenshot of the error is attached. Thank you in advance!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modding error Apr 18.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	234.9 KB 
ID:	364659

Reporting issues with EditSF/PFM's esf editor in this thread is fine, most of the customer support requests our team receives for EditSF ultimately show up in a PFM thread and apart from the UI, they share most of their code. I don't think we were aware of an issue with that particular file since we don't typically test every esf file from every Total War game and focus our efforts on making sure that startpos is parse-able since that's what most people mod. If I had to guess without looking at it closely, I'd say its an issue with there being a data type in that file that doesn't show up in the startpos files that we haven't told EditSF how to parse. I can try to schedule some time to look at whether I can fix that quickly, but I can't guarantee anything since I generally don't have much time to devote to working on PFM lately.

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Don't know if this is the right place to post, but here goes:

I'm using EditSF 1.2.7 to analyse replay files. I'm trying to interpret the meaning of the 'BATTLE_RESULTS' part of the file. Namely, the 'BATTLE_RESULT_UNIT' for particular units, as illustrated in attached image (which shows me examining a Replay file in EditSF of a battle in Total War: Attila, Medieval Kingdoms 1212 AD mod of 1 50-man General unit vs another 50-man General unit).

The goal of this exercise was to find a way to extract post-battle stats from replay files, e.g. the number of casualties a unit suffered, the number of kills it got, etc. If such data exists in file-form then I assume it would be part of the Replay file, but looking at the 'BATTLE_RESULT_UNIT' values, I don't see anything discernible as 'casualties' or 'kills'.

I understand that Total War replays contain a timeline of events (e.g. unit orders) that the game uses to simulate the battle you originally fought whenever you choose to 'watch the replay', so part of me fears that the game simply constructs a post-battle report from what it simulates rather than storing such information in the Replay file. Nevertheless, 'BATTLE_RESULTS' exists, which gives me hope that something about the battle's result gets saved in the Replay file.

Any insight or explanation for what 'BATTLE_RESULTS' stores and whether my goal is futile or not would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

(Screenshot of the in-game replay battle report, for reference)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EditSF_Replay_BATTLE_RESULTS.PNG  
    Last edited by Evan MF; December 27, 2021 at 07:53 PM.

Hey, any chance to add the ability to open TWWH2 save files? (The form doesn't allow me to pick them with File > Open).
    It seems like there's an ESF library in the codebase tho and that's what save files use if I understand correctly. Thanks!

I know the latest version of EditSF could open TWWH2 saves the last time I checked, though that was more than a year ago. It should still work unless CA has added a new data type to the files. The ESF library integrated into PFM is set up for editing the esf files integrated into pack files, but I don't think PFM has a way of directly opening esf files on its own.