Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

Slor's Avatar Civis

Default Re: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

@Genreless not much time during holidays, but I got it to crash just now with the debug version, unfortunately the log doesnt look any different than the one I already posted.

@Silven your mod works fine.. you arent enabling it in the mod manager maybe?

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

@Slor wow now I'm really baffled. It works for you?

I have definitely enabled it in the Total War Launcher.

I even went so far as to modify the CA data.pack directly just to make sure my PFM is working correctly and of course, THOSE changes do in fact show in-game. I'm totally stumped on why it isn't showing for me. A clean reinstall is in order perhaps. It's the last thing I can think of, even though I just installed for the first time 2 weeks ago.

It's been a while since I last tried modding, but I remember the last version of the launcher I modded with required that "Enable Out-Of-Date Mods" was enabled to use mods that hadn't been uploaded to the steam workshop (even though without it selected the launcher indicated that the mods would load). Is that your problem?

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Good idea @Genreless. I'm looking through the mod manager though and I don't see that toggle anywhere, you simply activate or deactivate any mods in your mod list whether they are outdated or not.

I did just notice that the launcher says game version 1.72 on it though, when the checksum in the upper right in-game shows game version 1.81. This might be related? I'm unsure.

I just checked, it seems they removed the "Enable Out-Of-Date Mods" toggle since I last looked. I also see version 1.72 for Warhammer 2 in the launcher though I haven't launched the game so I can't say whether it would change after getting run once after the last time it was patched.

Hello, I seem to have a really strange bug with PFM. Whenever I open a .pack file to edit with PFM, and I change something and save it, the game won't go beyond the first loading screen. It's been this way a while, though I can't remember any dates. Some time after Warhammer 2 was released PFM stopped working for me due to this particular issue.

I can't think of what might cause that problem so could you do two things to help me try to figure it out?
    1. Send a copy of one of your broken pack files so I can check if anything odd is happening with how they are being saved.
    2. If you have a consistent series of things you do while modifying the pack files could you describe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    I can't think of what might cause that problem so could you do two things to help me try to figure it out?
    1. Send a copy of one of your broken pack files so I can check if anything odd is happening with how they are being saved.
    2. If you have a consistent series of things you do while modifying the pack files could you describe that?
    Sorry, I should've investigated a bit more before posting here. Turns out it's nothing as weird as simply editing a .pack file, but ediding large .pack files. I tried adding a new row in effect_bundles_to_effect_junctions in a smaller mod, and that was no problem. But when I tried doing the same in SFO, it crashed. Do you have any ideas on how to prevent this?

Honestly, this is the first I'm hearing of a problem like this. If you could send a copy of the pack file so I can look at it that would help. Also, since I now know you are editing an existing mod, I can try examining how your version differs from the published version to see if something in one of the tables changed to cause your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    Honestly, this is the first I'm hearing of a problem like this. If you could send a copy of the pack file so I can look at it that would help. Also, since I now know you are editing an existing mod, I can try examining how your version differs from the published version to see if something in one of the tables changed to cause your problem.
    Of course, thanks for taking you time to help me.

In this case I added a new faction leader effect to Grimgor, in effect_bonus_to_effect_junctions, a +40 diplomacy bonus with Vampire Counts. The row should be at the bottom.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lm0gy...ul_2.pack/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lm0gy...ul_2.pack/file

I finally got around to checking what was going on with your mod. It turns out the check wasn't as simple as I thought it would be since tables got re-ordered so the diff tool I tried using didn't provide very useful feedback.

Here are the things I noticed:
    1. I assume you meant that you added the effect to db/effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables/SFO_faction_effects since that's where I found the entry.
    2. Your file is (very) slightly smaller than the un-changed mod. I don't know if this is due to you using an older version, some other coincidence in the file saving, or a mistake in changing the mod, but it was surprising since you claim to have only added entries.
    3. I tried loading Warhammer 2 with your mod and it was fine all the way into a Grimgor campaign.

This leads me to believe that you might have an issue with mod compatibility since your mod seems to work for me when it is the only mod. If it's still not working for you, I might be able to provide more helpful feedback if you have more details to share.

Hello fellow modders,

I am having this problem for the moment.
    When I want to open variantmeshdefenition externally I get the following error message. "This file does not have an app associated with it performing this action . Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page" .

This could be a result of Windows updates or Bitdefender cleaning my pc.

So far I have used Word Pad. Word Pad opened automatically the first time I opened a wariantmeshdefinition externally. I understand most PFM users use a different app and I am willing to try it , I just don't know exactly how to create this association in the Default Apps Settings page.

And last but not least, thanks to the makers of PFM for the many hours of fun while modding and gaming.
    Pol

Hello again friends , modders, gamers,

I have consulted the great oracle of Magnar Tutorals and I found that I can still extract variantmeshdefenitions files to open them in Word pad. I used Magnar Tutorals to learn to mod so I don't know or remember why I started to open these files externally. Still it is strange that opening externally no longer works.

When I want to open variantmeshdefenition externally I get the following error message. "This file does not have an app associated with it performing this action . Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page" .

I don't personally recommend using the open external tool right now. While it is possible to use it to open files directly with an editor if there is a default app set in Windows for that file type (which is done in "(Windows) Settings->Apps->Default apps->Choose default apps by file type"), the function has had some long-standing problems (such as only working successfully once per time PFM is run and not allowing an easy way of setting the external tool used for opening the files internally) that make it awkward at best. I'm also not currently at a point in my life where I can dedicate the time to this project to do much more than respond to support forum posts so I wouldn't expect fixes to come soon either.

Schemas 140 and 141 are out now. They allow for the opening of all tables that couldn't be opened after the latest Warhammer 2 patch and a few (2) 3K tables that I happened to decode while doing tech support. The full change-list is available in the Schema Update Thread.

Hi everyone,

Trying to follow Sebidee's old guide/template for creating units. Currently I'm in a copy of the template, trying to change the "unit" under units_custom_battle_permissions ... but it only allows me a drop-down list of names. I cannot seem to be able to create a new unit name for my new unit.

Halp?

That's a feature intended to help ensure people using PFM create valid pack files. To enter custom values outside of ones in the list (only really recommended if you are creating a mod that supplements another mod) you can deselect "Use Combo Boxes" above the table. Columns that use the drop-down list do so when a table pulls its potential values from another table. In the case of units_custom_battle_permissions_tables, the unit column is pulled from main_units_tables's unit column. If you have added the unit to that table, it should appear in the drop-down list. If you encounter this problem elsewhere, there are currently two ways of checking what column and table is being referenced. You can either open the master_schema file in a text editor and check what is listed under fkey for the table and column you are trying to determine the reference for (in the form: table_name.column_name) or you can right-click on the table name in PFM, select "Open->Open DecodeTool...", then click the show button to bring up the table's schema entry from the master_schema file. I understand this isn't the most user-friendly method of learning which tables reference which other tables, but I don't currently have the time to work on PFM's code and there is a lot I would have to do before I feel comfortable changing how PFM's UI functions.

No worries man, thanks for the answer.

Schema 142 is out now. It correctly labels any tables that I had to guess column names for in schema 141 and fixes a few mistakes. The full change list is available in the schema update thread.

Hey everyone,

I've just added a comment to this issue on Sourceforge so I hope I'm not causing too much spam by sort of double-posting here too, sorry!

Having an issue with EditSF giving an InvalidType error when trying to open my savefile (seems to be with newer savefiles, I'm guessing after the new Grom and the Paunch DLC like the OP of the issue suggests).

Is there any other way I can manually edit savefiles (since I can still view the value I want to change in the SaveViewer tool in SaveParser)?

Also can I help with the ticket in any way by linking my saves that aren't working? If so anybody know how best to do that.

Thanks in advance!