Thread: Empire Low FPS on a Good PC

Default Empire Low FPS on a Good PC

I am getting sub-20 fps on Darthmod, especially with large armies. I use low textures and everything, but I still have low fps. Any suggestions?
    Here is dxdiagDxDiag.txt

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Empire Low FPS on a Good PC

How many gamesaves, for every game, do you have in the C:\My Documents\Games\<game>\Saves folder?

What i mean is that ETW doesn't use compressed gamesaves, so I think the FPS in-game reflects of how much free diskspace you have in the C:\ partition.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Try doing what Leonardo says and dump some of your old saves, you could also try deleting the files within the fx_cache folder and opening up your preferences.empire_script.txt file that resides within your scripts folder and scroll to the bottom of that file until you reach a line that starts with number_of_threads and altering the number of thread to how many cores your Computer has, for example I have 6 cores so mine reads, as follows:
    number_of_threads 6; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    How many gamesaves, for every game, do you have in the C:\My Documents\Games\<game>\Saves folder?

What i mean is that ETW doesn't use compressed gamesaves, so I think the FPS in-game reflects of how much free diskspace you have in the C:\ partition.
    I'm looking to dump some saves but can't find ' Games' within the sequence C:\My Documents\Games\<game>\Saves folder

'My Games' says folder is empty.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Compans View Post
    I'm looking to dump some saves but can't find ' Games' within the sequence C:\My Documents\Games\<game>\Saves folder
    My bad, it is my mistake.

I forgot that CA doesn't use the same path as Bethesda does for storing gamesaves, instead look in this "C:\Users\Leonardo\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games" path.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.