Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    I'm testing different set-ups at the moment, but basically I can easily run it on ultra with some 40-50 fps. Antialiasing is off in the game, forced through the Nvida control panel instead.
    Ok let's try try something else. Put your nvidia panel's settings on default and run the game one more time.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Ok let's try try something else. Put your nvidia panel's settings on default and run the game one more time.
    The same problem still...

Hmmm sometimes Win 10 get really buggy with user control in folders outside C:
    Do you have full UAC control ?
    Please try this, disable UAC completely,restart the game and let me know.

Hmmm sometimes Win 10 get really buggy with user control in folders outside C:
    Do you have full UAC control ?
    Please try this, disable UAC completely,restart the game and let me know.
    Hey again @Greek strategos,

I've disabled it, but to no avail. Still the same problem...

That's quite frustrating...

But don't worry much about it. After all, that doesn't even have anything to do with DeI itself. The mod works thus far without any issues.

I think I'm going to try in the meantime GEMFX, it looks quite pleasing to the eye, as well.

I will also seek some advice on ReShade forum. Maybe they can come up with some ideas.

Any way, thank you for your help!

Hey again @Greek strategos,

I've disabled it, but to no avail. Still the same problem...

That's quite frustrating...

But don't worry much about it. After all, that doesn't even have anything to do with DeI itself. The mod works thus far without any issues.

I think I'm going to try in the meantime GEMFX, it looks quite pleasing to the eye, as well.

I will also seek some advice on ReShade forum. Maybe they can come up with some ideas.

Any way, thank you for your help!
    Ι could upload my custom preset later if you like. GEM is a great alternative as well.
    No problem buddy. Let me know.

PS
    I have another idea. Have you installed the Reshade for Direct 3d9, Direct 3d10+ or Open GL ?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 23, 2018 at 11:05 AM.

Ι could upload my custom preset later if you like. GEM is a great alternative as well.
    No problem buddy. Let me know.

PS
    I have another idea. Have you installed the Reshade for Direct 3d9, Direct 3d10+ or Open GL ?
    I've tested it with Direct 3d9 and 3d10+, but frankly not with Open GL.

GEM seems to be working fine for me, so that should do for the moment.

If you have some nice setup that you think would work well on my hardware I would be happy to test it!

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 ????

Hi,
    I used the free upgrade to windows 10 recently (for the second time) in the hopes that the graphics compatibility issues I experienced a few years ago when I tried the first time had been solved. They haven't. I scoured the forums and internet and tried everything but the game was stuck on blurry textured, lower resolution and almost as if the colours were too saturated graphics. I reverted back to windows 7 but now I feel the graphics still aren't as good as they were pre- windows 10 and reversion. My drivers are up to date and everything. I'm not sure if I had a graphics mod in there somewhere (GEM or something) that has become lost through the back and forth of Operating Systems somehow but all my mods are ticked and supposedly working. Does anybody have any ideas on what may be going on here? I may have just have to get used to the downgrade in visuals. The best way I can describe it is the textures of armies on the campaign map and units on the battle map aren't as sharp as they should be (in my opinion) and have a kind of blurry, non-detailed nature.

Thanks!

Replying because I can't edit my post yet. The unit banners also appear in this kind of low res/ low texture quality manner as do construction/ building icons on the campaign map and the quotes/ text which comes up during loading screens. So bizarre.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 25, 2018 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Merged double posts.

Quote Originally Posted by babay11 View Post
    You may actually be right on this one.

After giving up on ReShade I installed GEMFX submod, which I was also struggling to make work.

In the end I managed, having tried different approaches mentioned on the forum.

Reinstalling NET Framework was one of them so that may well be the culprit.

Since I've got myself now a functioning GEM, I don't dare to tinker with ReShade, but I have a feeling that it would work if I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by ltsweeting View Post
    Replying because I can't edit my post yet. The unit banners also appear in this kind of low res/ low texture quality manner as do construction/ building icons on the campaign map and the quotes/ text which comes up during loading screens. So bizarre.
    @Itsweeting

I think for anyone to help you here you have to give more details on your hardware, system specifications, etc.

From what you've described here, it appears that you have a game installed on your pc long time ago, which in the meantime has gone thru some big OP changes, and with a number of mods that you don't really have a good control over.

If I were you I would start with unistalling the game first, removing all the additional files that might be still hanging on there and then making a clean install again.

Go also carefully through your video card settnings and the graphic settnings in the game.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 19, 2019 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

..... I don't dare to tinker with ReShade, but I have a feeling that it would work if I tried.

You may actually be right on this one.

After giving up on ReShade I installed GEMFX submod, which I was also struggling to make work.

In the end I managed, having tried different approaches mentioned on the forum.

Reinstalling NET Framework was one of them so that may well be the culprit.

Since I've got myself now a functioning GEM, I don't dare to tinker with ReShade, but I have a feeling that it would work if I tried.
    Well...Since you have surely other games installed since Rome 2 (much newer) you should already have the most updated NET Framework. So this is probably not the issue. BUT you may have a corrupted installation of NET Framework.
    As for GEM, I could upload my personal preset together with the Reshade we talked about yesterday. I'll pack them for you later as soon as I'm on my gaming pc.

Quote Originally Posted by ltsweeting View Post
    Hi,
    I used the free upgrade to windows 10 recently (for the second time) in the hopes that the graphics compatibility issues I experienced a few years ago when I tried the first time had been solved. They haven't. I scoured the forums and internet and tried everything but the game was stuck on blurry textured, lower resolution and almost as if the colours were too saturated graphics. I reverted back to windows 7 but now I feel the graphics still aren't as good as they were pre- windows 10 and reversion. My drivers are up to date and everything. I'm not sure if I had a graphics mod in there somewhere (GEM or something) that has become lost through the back and forth of Operating Systems somehow but all my mods are ticked and supposedly working. Does anybody have any ideas on what may be going on here? I may have just have to get used to the downgrade in visuals. The best way I can describe it is the textures of armies on the campaign map and units on the battle map aren't as sharp as they should be (in my opinion) and have a kind of blurry, non-detailed nature.

Thanks!

Hey buddy.

Well you'll need to give more info about your hardware,setup,windows etc
    Also it would be nice if you could share a few pics, so I could check your issues.

Cheers.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 25, 2018 at 08:26 AM.

Well...Since you have surely other games installed since Rome 2 (much newer) you should already have the most updated NET Framework. So this is probably not the issue. BUT you may have a corrupted installation of NET Framework.
    As for GEM, I could upload my personal preset together with the Reshade we talked about yesterday. I'll pack them for you later as soon as I'm on my gaming pc.
    Hey, I've actually checked and no, Reshade still doesn't work, even though I've reinstalled NET Framework.

GEM is working fine, however, so that will do for the moment. Yesterday I spent some time working on some decent preset. It looks ok now, but it can certainly get better than that.

I would love to have a look at yours should you be willing to share it!

Hey, I've actually checked and no, Reshade still doesn't work, even though I've reinstalled NET Framework.

GEM is working fine, however, so that will do for the moment. Yesterday I spent some time working on some decent preset. It looks ok now, but it can certainly get better than that.

I would love to have a look at yours should you be willing to share it!
    Here's my Custom Reshade for DEI. I hope it'll work for you.
    I'll also send you my GEM preset a bit later.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 26, 2018 at 09:33 AM.

Here's my Custom Reshade for DEI. I hope it'll work for you.
    I'll also send you my GEM preset a bit later.
    Thank you! I'll try it out!

And I'm awaiting to see your GEM preset!

Thank you! I'll try it out!

And I'm awaiting to see your GEM preset!
    Also you could try to rename the dxgi.dll of reshade to d3d11.dll . That did the trick for me, reshade and similar tools sometimes have troubles with Nvidia Optimus laptops.

Quote Originally Posted by Steiner91 View Post
    Also you could try to rename the dxgi.dll of reshade to d3d11.dll . That did the trick for me, reshade and similar tools sometimes have troubles with Nvidia Optimus laptops.
    Ιndeed. It usually affects much older games, that's why I haven't mentioned it. But he should give it a try though.
    Thanks for your input
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 26, 2018 at 03:34 PM.

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

@Greek Strategos - I've been meaning to ask you this for a long time.

I got a new laptop and I had some issues with performance so I tinkered a bit with drivers. After I updated my nvidia Gefore GTX 1060m drivers to newest ones I get better performance in all games, however my launcher screen for Rome2 is just pitch black, no images. I can however click "play" and launch the game so it doesn't bother me so much.

When I go back to previous drivers however, my launcher screen goes back to normal but I get worse performance in other games, also notifying me that my drivers are out of date. You got any ideas how to fix the issue with no images on launcher?
    It's a pain cuz I have to revert to my previous drivers every time I want to attach new mod to R2TW and tick in the launcher mod manager. With how productive you guys are, I have to do that once every month or so :p

Quote Originally Posted by Nordling View Post
    @Greek Strategos - I've been meaning to ask you this for a long time.

I got a new laptop and I had some issues with performance so I tinkered a bit with drivers. After I updated my nvidia Gefore GTX 1060m drivers to newest ones I get better performance in all games, however my launcher screen for Rome2 is just pitch black, no images. I can however click "play" and launch the game so it doesn't bother me so much.

When I go back to previous drivers however, my launcher screen goes back to normal but I get worse performance in other games, also notifying me that my drivers are out of date. You got any ideas how to fix the issue with no images on launcher?
    It's a pain cuz I have to revert to my previous drivers every time I want to attach new mod to R2TW and tick in the launcher mod manager. With how productive you guys are, I have to do that once every month or so :p
    That's weird. Never heard anything similar before. Could you try step 6, from opening post and let me know ?
    After that we could try refreshing STEAM.

Default Shadows

So as far as I know DEI changes nothing graphical, but I never noticed this until I started using the mod. Possibly from one of the Rome II patches....

Anyways, this seems to be one of the most populated, helpful areas with people still around the Rome II scene so maybe someone can help me. I have noticed the shadows in the battle and campaign map are overly dark, almost pitch black regardless of the settings I use. I have tried researching this issue and cannot seem to find any mods that fix the pitch black shadows in this game. Anyone around here happen to know of a solution? I have spent alot of time making individual reshade profiles for the battle, and campaign map, the only thing bothering me is the pitch black shadows! Here is what they look like for me, anything not directly facing the sun is just a black silhouette.

https://imgur.com/cvKydSP

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

That's weird. Never heard anything similar before. Could you try step 6, from opening post and let me know ?
    After that we could try refreshing STEAM.
    Tried step 6, does not work.

Attila launcher works fine, its Rome 2 launcher thats bugged.