Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer Reform Bug

Default Multiplayer Reform Bug

Hello guys,

I have a problem. A friend and i play a 1.2 multiplayer campaign he as ptolemai, i as the selukidai. We are at Turn 131 and i´m at imperium 6 while he is at imperium lvl 5. now we both can see the Thorax units(in my case cataphractii and silvershield units aswell), but only he can recruit them, i can see them but not build them and get the notification "need higher reform lvl". Funny enough is at one turn i could recruit them but the next turn the units were not build. Is there a way to fix that problem? maybe change the files via PFM?

Or wait to turn 140?

Thanks in advance, i hope anyone can help. i would love to finally field my silver shield phalangitai=)

Default Re: Multiplayer Reform Bug

I assume you have researched the purple upgrade technology? I always have to ask that, sometimes people forget.

This sounds like a strange bug, but MP is a bit weird with reforms - especially if both players have the same reform type. Its possible the global reforms have to kick in - I honestly am not sure since its a rare thing to test and I did not do our reforms system.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

hey dresden, thanks for the quick reply.

yes, we both researched the purple upgrade as soon as possible. its only a couple of turns till turn 140, i will report what happens then=)

Ok thanks - hopefully that fixes it. Unfortunately multiplayer is weird with reforms, sorry

dont be. its still highly enjoyable. is there just anything one could do if it doesnt fire at 140?

and do i understand it correctly that when you reach turn 140 you(the player) and all hellenic ai factions whatever their size and imperium get the thorakitai reforms?

Not normally, no. In a normal game you have to reach the player imperium level and turn number to get your reforms. The reason it may be an issue in MP is if both players have the same reform it may get confused. So perhaps in MP the other player uses the global reforms, I am not sure.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Maybe it would be easer on script if in MP there would be only global reform?
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

yeah that would be great. we passed now turn 140 and he can recruit the reform units thureos aswell as thorakitai while i cant.

It would be great and much apprechiated if it would be possible to fix this for multiplayer because what is greater than to play DEI with a friend?

But you guys have a lot of work to do and i can understand if multiplayer is not to highest on your to-do-list.

As a sidenote this is a versus not coop campaign so maybe coop behaves differently

Edit: Its just a great shame because all the amazing and fancy seleucid units like silvershield, cataphractii and heavy assault troops are all bound to the thorakitai reform, so im heavily outmatched by his reformed army

Did you try to give your savegame to your mate ( if you are the host else ask him to give you the save ) ? Last time i had a bug like this in MP it was because of this. The Host upload manually the save and it fixed it. Do it every time you hit a reform.

I have another idea also to perhaps make a MP submod that moves reforms back to the tech tree maybe since they are so problematic in MP.

@KAM that is also an interesting idea. I am not sure exactly how to do that, I would have to ask Litharion.

@generalgui: He is the host. I can give him my save but since i only have the most recent turn save will it work? Ill give it a shot, thanks for the suggestion!

@Dresden and KAM:

Thank you guys for the time and the replies.

A MP Submod would definitifly be nice because you have no script and no interference when it comes to multiplayer wich can sadly be a bit flimsy with all the desync madness and so forth.

First i thought like KAM and thought also that one global Reform be the solution, wich i think is a good idea.

But since multiplayer can be so flimsy maybe additionally to that tie some Reform Units to the last barracks/stables/whatever if possible.

For example in my seleucid campaign it takes a immense time to tech and finally build tier 4 stables and barracks because you have to deal with so much stuff before. Especially the philosophy tree is too important to ignore. So maybe tie Silvershield Units and Hellenic Cataphracties(and some late elite units from all the other factions) to the Tier 4 buildings only/indiependently so that even if you have a big script and that fails or bugs out for whatever reason you have at least some of your best units available so you can still be powerful in the late game.

but the techtree mp submod is probably the most easiest route.

anyway thanks for having an open ear guys

Actually I just remembered I made a Mac submod awhile ago that changed reforms to use techs instead of scripts. It should also work the same for MP games if anyone wanted to test it out - http://www.mediafire.com/file/rr7wcb...IMPsubmod.pack

I have no clues what mac does but can i use it as a windows user? and is it savegame compatible?

If i can use it as pc user ill definitly give it a shot! Thanks Dresden!

Yeah, it was just originaly designed to try to help Mac users who were having issues with reforms. It works fine for Windows and I updated it for 1.2. In terms of save compatibility, thats a good question. I would make a backup of hte save just in case.

Hey, I also have a bug with my friend. I play as seleucid and he plays as romans. I've gotten to Thorakitai units and he was at republic reforms. Now however he says he can't recruit principes and all the republican legionaries. He can only see marian legionaries, but they're greyed out because higher reform level is required. I'll try sending my save to him (I'm a host).

That mod you linked Dresden is save-compatible. I rolled back to thureos reforms because I didn't research thorakitai, even if scripts previously allowed me to have them. Upload it as a sub-mod please for future! In MP such is much more stable than with scripts (those always desynched and you had to mess with saves).

I will add it to the official submod thread

how do you activate this? my friend and i both downloadet the mp.pack and then put it in the rome2 datafolder. then we both startet rome 2 and in the laucher we deactivated both 1.2 files, activated the mpfix file and then both 1.2 files and it didnt work. where is the mistake?

Why would you deactivate 1.2?

You place this in the data folder and activate this and 1.2, making sure this loads first. Its a submod so it requires the main mod.

did activate it again it worked aswell. just looked like it didnt work because some units are all over the place(for example i have thureos reforms but can´t recruit thureporoi but thorakitai hoplites but otherwise it semms to work well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast