Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by MaYor_02 View Post
    hi, is any possible with mod to add more town and region ? tnx
    I got this one, they will not be functional but at least they add a fresh air for the sake of inmersion.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Are you talking about this mod, TB?https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...ext=more+towns

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Yep, I know his using it

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Paison View Post
    How much is AI "cheating" with food in DeI?

I'm trying to starve a faction with only one settlement left. With help of spies they have like -12 in food but no starvation of their armies.
    It’s partially setup so the AI doesn’t have to worry about food. Not only do they run into penalty issues, the CAI has been configured so that they aren’t focused on addressing issues like food, and instead tasked with goals that they can better handle

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Regarding battles, how is it so that when I face armies with alot of hoplites they just simply walk through my lines taking 0 losses and my units loose something between 50 - 150 soldiers per unit? then my lines break. I do know that this is a bug from the original game, but beeing forced to auto resolve battles I usually want to play because I cant win them when the AI does this and I have no clue to counter it even though I try to micro manage my units so the Ai doesnt do this is pretty boring. so If someone has some advice please share.

With which units are you fighting them? If your units are in the formation attack, then you should turn that off whenever fighting hoplites or phalangites.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    With which units are you fighting them? If your units are in the formation attack, then you should turn that off whenever fighting hoplites or phalangites.
    I think we can't stress this enough. Not sure if we added it in the loading screens too.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

There is not such thing as formed attack anymore since first day of beta, which is not part of the main mod

Yes, that behaviour is bugged due to engine issues and it only happends in phalanx vs phalanx combat. Sometimes it does not happen, sometimes it happens in every engagement.
    Last edited by KAM 2150; January 11, 2019 at 04:33 PM.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

not sure its known/been discussed issue, so my apologies for bringing this up (again?) but i just witnessed a bit of a strange behaviour whereby a phalanx unit makes virtually no contact with the unit its supposed to have attacked (from the rear) in 'phalanx' mode. looks rather odd: their spears seemed to be having hard time reaching the opposing unit and they keep their distance, which looks too distant to have a meaningful impact on the enemy.the damage these hoplites inflict seems minimal. have a look

Patrician

Yes, you need to single or double click in this case. This is because even if single guys of the unit is in "range", unit will not move forward, while their target is also not moving in their direction. Simple double click fixes it.

I meant the new ability for roman units etc, I thought you said that it should be deactivated against pikes, i guess i read wrong.

Nilte's Avatar Civis

As KAM said, formation attack is no more and I am having these issues in all three campaigns i currently play. One as Rome, one as Hayk/Armenia and one as Antigonidai/Macedon. I can live with it in my roman and hayk campaign but when in battle as Macedon most of my own units are hoplites/pikes which just get slaughtered when the AI walks through my lines without any casualties. It doesnt seem to help forcing my pikes/hoplites to attack the units that are walking either, everytime this happens I almost instantly press my units to attack.
    Even though it is annoying KAM has done a wonderfull job with the battles in DEI so all props given to him and the rest of the DEI team. I guess I have to be more on my toes when facing Greek factions to prevent this from happening

Patrician

I meant the new ability for roman units etc, I thought you said that it should be deactivated against pikes, i guess i read wrong.

Yes, that is correct but it is called Disciplined Formation while Formation Attack/Formed Attack is passive ability, now disabled.

Okay, so to be clear, when fighting against pike/hoplite units the formation should be turned off? If so, this should probably be noted on its description.

Okay, so to be clear, when fighting against pike/hoplite units the formation should be turned off? If so, this should probably be noted on its description.
    Agreed

Semisalis

After a few hundred hours with DeI, I have to say I still completely lost on how income works. My per-turn income jumps around, sometimes wildly, as I do things that have no relation to income, such as clicking on armies or agents on the campaign map. I just had the most extreme experience of this that I have seen so far, with some screenshots to partially record some of it:

Turn 205 - All is well, no civil war. +31961 income, 4 food surplus.

Turn 206 - Civil war. Hayasdan province secedes, with its income of +5233. Income dropped from +31961 to ~+10000, a difference of about 20000 from losing a province with only 5000 income. Are 70 gold talents worth 10000+ gold on a trade route?

Turn 207 - Moving my armies to retake Hayasdan. Income at ~+11000.

Turn 208 - Turn starts, income has dropped to -2000. No territory has changed hands, no bandit raids, all provinces taxed.

Turn 209 - Turn starts, income at -1000. I retake Arsamosata, which has an income of +300 after capture. Post-capture, my income drops to -1300, a loss of 300 instead of a gain. After hiring 3 new agents and clicking on an army, my income inexplicably rises to ~+11000 with a big food surplus.

Turn 210 - Before retaking Tushpa this turn, my income is still +11000. After retaking the city, my income is still +11000. After clicking on an army, income inexplicably rises from +11000 to +32375 and the large food surplus from last turn has been not only wiped out but inverted, despite the city making barely any money and breaking even on food. I reload a save to take a better screenshot, and my income and food are now very different from before, 31770 income vs 32475 and -5 food vs -14. No changes were made, all provinces taxed.

Turn 211 - The massive food deficit is mysteriously gone. I've lost 10000 income and don't know why. A few thousand of that is to the season but most is not.

I wish I had screenshots for turns 206-209, but my income was jumping around so rapidly with random mouse clicks that I couldn't capture it in time.

Things I do not understand:

* Why does taking a city that is only making ~300 gold increase my income by 10000-20000?
    * Why does clicking on an army change my income, sometimes radically?
    * Why does loading a save give me different, sometimes radically different, values for income and food?

I have no submods, only RTW music and some a two graphics mods are loaded with DeI. If someone can help me make sense of this it would make be a happy person.
    Last edited by Artannis Wolfrunner; January 12, 2019 at 03:11 PM. Reason: *happier person, it's not like this has ruined my life or anything. also confusing my screenshots

At a guess:

1. It would be logical for the gold resource to be a massive income booster. After all, it's gold. You were probably making a ton off the trade.
    2. Think that might have to do with some scripts? Sometimes the income doesn't update correctly until you select something for me.
    3. Never heard of this.

For significant campaign bugs, providing a save file would be huge. That way if the devs determine that there is a bug going on that they don't already understand, they can have a look at your campaign and see what's going on.

I've been playing as the Odrysian Kingdom and it has a very interesting and varied roster. The problem is that, unlike other factions I've played as, the bulk of its roster comes from the 2nd population class, the warrior class. I don't know if it is historically accurate, but gameplaywise it sucks: almost every thracian unit, almost all the cavalry, 2 types of pikes, hoplites, thorax spears and swords, triballi infantry (which should be drawn from 4th class, the foreigners) and even rhompaia soldiers that can be garrison units too, is from the warrior class, while from the 3rd class, the freemen, you can recruit only basic peltasts, archers, slingers, thureos swords and thureos spears, units available to all the Hellenistic factions. I don't have a problem with the 1st population class that covers the elite units, but the 2nd class covers too many thracian specific units that it becomes very tedious to raise a varied thracian army that looks and feels...well, thracian.

Please consider moving a couple or more thracian specific troops from the 2nd population pool to the 3rd or 4th, because tying so many beautifully designed and awesome units to only one small population class feels like a big waste and it's a shame because it might discourage other players to start a campaign with such a unique faction. Thank you and I'm looking forward to the next update of this great mod.
    Last edited by Vladdy Daddy; January 12, 2019 at 11:10 PM.

Salve! First of all, thank you for making Divide et Impera. I've played this mod for easily 200 hours over the last months and it's such a big improvement over the main game! However, I have found one thing to be fairly annoying in the new version. I was looking to deply specific units in a much thinner line, namely elephants and chariots. Especially the boxy deployment of chariots due to the changes is quite a nuisance in my book. I haven't checked if this was said anywhere so if it was - sorry! Keep up the great work and keep this game alive for many years to come!

Patrician

Actually chariots deal more kills in deep formation as chwriots that ride over knocked down infantry are dealing damage. With thin line they would barely get kills. By putting them in deep formation I fixed them both for player and AI.