Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

I wanted to ask, but has anyone noticed that First Cohorts seem to under perform? Well, not necessarily that, but it seems the AI prioritizes them, so they end up getting chewed up by all the archer units, leaving the rest of the army unmolested by arrows. Because of this, whenever I put them into combat, they seem to take disproportionate casualties. Anyone else?

I found some small oversights:

• The Gallic Mercenary Sword Band (Golberi Curoas) have weapon dmg 14 ap 8 which are usually the values of axe warriors, not swords.
    • (In the Imperator Augustus campaign) Galatia has two factional mercenaries with seemingly vanilla stats (45 armor, 60 melee defense): Caternos Epatha Scammos and Caternos Calgo
    • (In the Imperator Augustus campaign) Galatia's Grove of Nodens has +0% provincial upkeep on level 1, +1% on level 2

Also, these guys are missing some legs:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180615234338_1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	527.0 KB 
ID:	354299

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by CadetNewb View Post
    I wanted to ask, but has anyone noticed that First Cohorts seem to under perform? Well, not necessarily that, but it seems the AI prioritizes them, so they end up getting chewed up by all the archer units, leaving the rest of the army unmolested by arrows. Because of this, whenever I put them into combat, they seem to take disproportionate casualties. Anyone else?
    Don't know anything about that, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Showdown View Post
    I found some small oversights:

• The Gallic Mercenary Sword Band (Golberi Curoas) have weapon dmg 14 ap 8 which are usually the values of axe warriors, not swords.
    • (In the Imperator Augustus campaign) Galatia has two factional mercenaries with seemingly vanilla stats (45 armor, 60 melee defense): Caternos Epatha Scammos and Caternos Calgo
    • (In the Imperator Augustus campaign) Galatia's Grove of Nodens has +0% provincial upkeep on level 1, +1% on level 2

Also, these guys are missing some legs:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180615234338_1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	527.0 KB 
ID:	354299
    Thanks for your report.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 22, 2018 at 01:41 PM.

Yes, I too have noticed this - but you can't blame the AI for concentrating on such a nice juicy target!

Originally I had the Cohors Prima in the second line - but have now moved them to the first and things are much better! The AI is much better these days at not shooting at their own troops so much.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

It seems odd to me that romans are the only ones who get troops with the "Encourage" trait (Trarii, Eagle Cohort, etc.) I feel like other units who have similar perceptions in their factions army/culture, like druids for Britannic tribes and Nervii, should have it as well.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Where exactly do you recruit Boii Sword Masters? Can't seem to locate them. I'm guessing the warlord's hold building?

Quote Originally Posted by hippacrocafish View Post
    Where exactly do you recruit Boii Sword Masters? Can't seem to locate them. I'm guessing the warlord's hold building?
    Could be a safe bet, some of the elite warriors are recruited from there.

Sieges without catapults and ballistas impossible to win. I tryed it in multy with my friend in compaign and though autoresolve showed that my forces are far superior in battle, it ended as a defeat. The same was when we switched sides. Yes, i formed a siege corps with 6 catapults and just destroyed the walls with towers and took next time the city easily. Зroblem that all that ladders and siege towers at walls looks epic and we enjoy of storming city with them but we can not be succeseful in them. So we had too build a lot of catapults and just ruin the walls.

While baеtles at small towns are very balanced, taking cities without catapults is to much favour to defenders. So we had to abandon that fun battles and take more efficient way. Defenately storming city without siege catapults shall be more costly but that cost now too much and make such approach unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Shields provide missile cover and melee defence. For some reason they also provide armour in base game. In other words, units with shields have larger protection vs ranged attacks, some deflect more than 50% of all projectiles that hit them.

Unit HP is at 80 only for ranged infantry and phalanx units, as otherwise they were too strong on flanks. All other infantry, both light and heavy has 100HP.
    but regarding shield protection against ranged attack, is there an hidden value linked to the shield itself ? or all shields offer the same %chance to deflect an arrow?

I think I might have found some typos regarding HP then, or maybe its on purpose ?

-Some ranged units that have 100HP: indo hellenic peltats, getae armoured archers, sarmato dacians elite archers, britanic slinger spearmen, proven warriors (from suebi), germanic youth levies, saka foot archers, scythians armoured archers
    Maybe because they are hybrid ranged/melee? but then I wonder why iphicratean peltats dont have 100hp too

-hoplites that have 100hp, pontic hoplites, levy hoplites (just for pontos)

Also, (I already made a full report about that in bug report section), naval units have some HP difference I cant explain (and sometimes different HP value for the same unit depending on the faction): e.g :
    greek marine archers (athens) has 112hp while pergamon's has 80

Cheers

Centenarius

Yes, they perform like a giant sponge taking a lot of heat from the enemy's skirmishers. I don't recruit them anymore in my Roman campaigns as they make battles a little weird IMHO.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Was wondering if shifting your capital should have some temporary effects of some kind, or if that's possible at all, so it would serve some purpose besides RP and make spending the 5000 gold worth something. It could be like a mix of positive and negative effects, like maybe faction-wide + public order/income from commerce/industry/political party influence, but you take a hit to like diplomacy or empire maintenance or building costs for a few turns or something.

Yes I think thats a good idea, we had discussed something like that before. Just haven't had the time to try implementing it

But it does have some positive effects as a byproduct. Capitals get more population growth, improve the trade routes, get some various bonuses, etc

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hello, I 've started a Sparta Campaign and all looks nice and clear expect from 1 unit. Spartan tharax swordsmen have good stats, typical of the rest greek thorax swords but 24 armor. From thorax sword units i have checked 24 is the only exeption.All thorax swords enjoy 28 armor expect my few spartans. 24 sounds more like thurios typical stat to me than thorax. Any explain ?

Foederatus

Can someone explain to me why it suddenly takes 14 rounds to get my armies refreshed? With four rounds a year, that means it takes more than three years to get 50 percent replaced.

And is it due to the beta of CA that auto battle is completely messed up recently? This was the only thing that worked fine in vanilla ^^

Are there any buildings that increase recruitment capacity? I've looked in the building descriptions and it doesn't say.

Has this been removed or is it just a hidden effect?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Gyan avspar View Post
    Hello, I 've started a Sparta Campaign and all looks nice and clear expect from 1 unit. Spartan tharax swordsmen have good stats, typical of the rest greek thorax swords but 24 armor. From thorax sword units i have checked 24 is the only exeption.All thorax swords enjoy 28 armor expect my few spartans. 24 sounds more like thurios typical stat to me than thorax. Any explain ?
    Spartan military did not reach to thorakitai reform so that part of their army is a bit of a what if based on their army trends (not being afraid of new stuff but also keeping with tradition) so that their late unit is still upgraded hoplite but they get slightly inferior thorakitai, that way your main force is still made of phalanx. If you look at actual model of Spartan thorakitai, they do not wear only mail armour.

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post
    but regarding shield protection against ranged attack, is there an hidden value linked to the shield itself ? or all shields offer the same %chance to deflect an arrow?

I think I might have found some typos regarding HP then, or maybe its on purpose ?

-Some ranged units that have 100HP: indo hellenic peltats, getae armoured archers, sarmato dacians elite archers, britanic slinger spearmen, proven warriors (from suebi), germanic youth levies, saka foot archers, scythians armoured archers
    Maybe because they are hybrid ranged/melee? but then I wonder why iphicratean peltats dont have 100hp too

-hoplites that have 100hp, pontic hoplites, levy hoplites (just for pontos)

Also, (I already made a full report about that in bug report section), naval units have some HP difference I cant explain (and sometimes different HP value for the same unit depending on the faction): e.g :
    greek marine archers (athens) has 112hp while pergamon's has 80

Cheers
    Shield missile value can be seen in shield table in mod files, UI does not allow to display it properly. Each shield has specific missile block chance assigned. Also if you use stuff like testudo, that block chance gets additional buff so for example Romans in testudo have close to or even 100% missile block chance.

There are defo tons of typos in unit HP due to 2000+ units in the mod. Even if I try to go through each of them, there are always some leftovers.

Marines are other story as I did not cover that part myself but I might look into that more soon.

I just don't really have any time to mod or play games so until I will have a bit more time off, I just prefer to actually rest and spend my limited free time with my close ones.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

- Yavana Yodhar (Indo-Hellenic Hoplies) of the Indian Faction have Expert Change Defense + Phalanx formation, which results in something like this for charging enemies: https://gfycat.com/LoathsomeHappygoluckyDartfrog :p

(Balancing thought: Rajanya Asvarohi (Mauryan Bodyguard Cavalry) have a speed of 10 which is really fast for their armor value of 30)

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Are you using latest pack? This was fixed months ago.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Are you using latest pack? This was fixed months ago.
    I am using the ancestral beta with the temporary fix.

Quote Originally Posted by aloaaloaaloa View Post
    Can someone explain to me why it suddenly takes 14 rounds to get my armies refreshed? With four rounds a year, that means it takes more than three years to get 50 percent replaced.

And is it due to the beta of CA that auto battle is completely messed up recently? This was the only thing that worked fine in vanilla ^^
    Is the army just in your territory, or garrisoned in a settlement? If they're just in your turf, I think it takes much longer since the men gotta be sent out there into the boonies.