Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Civis

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Rome is OP can you do something drasticly about it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gasmio View Post
    Rome is supposed to be OP! Or do you mean when you play as Rome?

Thanks for the historical insight guys. And no, I'm not reporting that! Since he made mention of a guard unit, I assumed their version of short spears was an elite unit that drew from that pool that I hadn't yet seen. Sorry for the confusion!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Gasmio View Post
    I could make them even more OP actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    I could make them even more OP actually.

Make them spawn with one full rank 9 army of hastati, principes, and triarri.
    And increase the recruitment slots for the AI by +2 and cut their upkeep in half.

And make them Aggressive/devious so they instantly declare war against factions they dont even know exist, so they kill everyone faster.

Make it a "survival" mode submod where the player has to hurry and build up their forces to survive against Rome. Like make it IMPOSSIBLE to win... but make a game of it.. like survive 100 turns.

Will there be an update to make 3D building icons for the mod? I have seen Benjin's 3D Icons but I'm pretty sure it only covers the vanilla icons.

Quote Originally Posted by KYREAPER View Post
    Make them spawn with one full rank 9 army of hastati, principes, and triarri.
    And increase the recruitment slots for the AI by +2 and cut their upkeep in half.

And make them Aggressive/devious so they instantly declare war against factions they dont even know exist, so they kill everyone faster.

Make it a "survival" mode submod where the player has to hurry and build up their forces to survive against Rome. Like make it IMPOSSIBLE to win... but make a game of it.. like survive 100 turns.
    I would love that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Imperator View Post
    Will there be an update to make 3D building icons for the mod? I have seen Benjin's 3D Icons but I'm pretty sure it only covers the vanilla icons.
    I have Benjin's 3d icons and they're working for almost every building, except a few special ones. Plus Benjin told me he will have a special DEI version soonish.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 10, 2018 at 03:56 AM.

Is it possible to get to a higher imperium without conquering territory?

Quote Originally Posted by skillfultree View Post
    Is it possible to get to a higher imperium without conquering territory?
    It is also based on land owned by allies and client states. Plus from research and your overall tech level.

Is it possible to make army upkeep somewhat exponential rather then linear? So that 1 region factions could have 3 - 4 armies and could have a good chance against bigger empires. Kind of what they did in Warhammer 2 but even lower in the beginning.
    And maybe as well change the caps that imperium puts? My main concern is for smaller factions.

Why? 2 stacks is more than enough for a 1 region faction. One of the common complaints in vanilla is that large factions dont do well.

If you want slower campaign development I get that, there are some good submods
    Last edited by Dresden; May 11, 2018 at 01:26 AM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by mmm1234mm View Post
    Is it possible to make army upkeep somewhat exponential rather then linear? So that 1 region factions could have 3 - 4 armies and could have a good chance against bigger empires. Kind of what they did in Warhammer 2 but even lower in the beginning.
    And maybe as well change the caps that imperium puts? My main concern is for smaller factions.
    You wouldn't like that believe me. It'll actually destroy any effort for balance.

And it wouldn't help much I think, as long as there is autoresolve bonus for majors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Why? 2 stacks is more than enough for a 1 region faction. One of the common complaints in vanilla is that large factions dont do well.

If you want slower campaign development I get that, there are some good submods
    Campaign development speed is good as it is with your mod.
    I just don't like the idea that you can conquer the whole map and there's no mechanic from stopping you. So would be nice if for smaller factions there would have a bonus that makes them tougher to conquer i.e. more armies. And for bigger factions mechanic that prevents that linear grows i.e. exponential army upkeep. So that when you have like ten provinces you can't just spam more and more armies but would be forced into politics and sacking and raiding rather then conquering all.

I Hope the Team can add War Weariness to the Negativ Effekts for Public Order or Diplomatic Options and The Option of War Criminals for the Sides, if the Player or the AI Burn Down and Kill to many Soldiers or Civilians from the Enemy Population. I Remember to one of the Great PC Reviews before the Rome 2 Release, that the CA team has the War criminal Option in the Diplomatic Screen, but it was cancelled?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    I Hope the Team can add War Weariness to the Negativ Effekts for Public Order or Diplomatic Options and The Option of War Criminals for the Sides, if the Player or the AI Burn Down and Kill to many Soldiers or Civilians from the Enemy Population. I Remember to one of the Great PC Reviews before the Rome 2 Release, that the CA team has the War criminal Option in the Diplomatic Screen, but it was cancelled?
    Could probably be scripted, as you say or something similar. Nice idea. I'll keep in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Could probably be scripted, as you say or something similar. Nice idea. I'll keep in mind
    War Weariness. A very popular feature implemented in both most famous Paradox titles. CK2 and EUIV of course.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

War Weariness. A very popular feature implemented in both most famous Paradox titles. CK2 and EUIV of course.
    And a feature I believe Mitch made for the Age of Charlemagne after he got hired by CA

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    And a feature I believe Mitch made for the Age of Charlemagne after he got hired by CA

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk
    Another famous CK2 DLC-Expansion.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Another famous CK2 DLC-Expansion.
    Or was it for Attila.. I can hardly remember
    We even talked about including War weariness for DeI at some point. Cant remember what exactly happened to that idea.