Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Clint_Eastwood View Post
    One thing I have noted is there are no imperial units for Rome available after I reasearch the tech? Is this intentional?
    Factions don't get reforms in the Macedonian Wars campaign, since it's a more limited time period.

Yes. You are locked to Polybian era units in the MW campaign. It's a very specific range of years in history.

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Factions don't get reforms in the Macedonian Wars campaign, since it's a more limited time period.
    That’s what I thought it would be and that is more historical to be honest. Thanks for quick answer

Also anyone got any tips on how to stop the spam Rebel units appearing as I control around 20 regions and some of the regions I have captured I do not have enough imperium To house troops in all of them. I have around 10 armies at present in key cities.

So my question is how do we stop the rebel spam? Also any help on keeping the population from going into a minus in the smaller regions as this is causing the spam.

Get your public order up? You can mouse over the public order to see what's causing the issues.

At a more macro level, it might be that you're expanding too fast or it may be that you need to set up your central provinces in a way that doesn't require armies to maintain public order.

Be sure to read all the tooltips for various building chains. It's a good idea to plan out the public order effects of various buildings, both now and in the future when you upgrade them when deciding what to build.
    Last edited by thesmoosh; January 01, 2018 at 09:30 PM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Also anyone got any tips on how to stop the spam Rebel units appearing as I control around 20 regions and some of the regions I have captured I do not have enough imperium To house troops in all of them. I have around 10 armies at present in key cities.

So my question is how do we stop the rebel spam? Also any help on keeping the population from going into a minus in the smaller regions as this is causing the spam.
    Are you using Cultural Tensio or De AI Arbitriis submods ???

Also you realize that garrisoning armies/fleets decreases public order?

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Also, get working on getting your culture over if you haven't already. Temples, dignitaries, character public order bonuses, etc. The cultural conversion & public happiness basics will sort all of this out in time. Also, limit how much you loot. Taking and popping that settlement for $10k-$15k can be tempting, but I only do it on occasion. I usually only have to deal with rebel spam when I've looted too often. Even one looting can cause years of rebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmoosh View Post
    Get your public order up? You can mouse over the public order to see what's causing the issues.

At a more macro level, it might be that you're expanding too fast or it may be that you need to set up your central provinces in a way that doesn't require armies to maintain public order.

Be sure to read all the tooltips for various building chains. It's a good idea to plan out the public order effects of various buildings, both now and in the future when you upgrade them when deciding what to build.
    yeah I take that on board, and I did expand fast and need to probably slow down now

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Are you using Cultural Tensio or De AI Arbitriis submods ???
    Nope none of them, would you recommend me to use them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Also you realize that garrisoning armies/fleets decreases public order?
    yeah to a certain point

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Also, get working on getting your culture over if you haven't already. Temples, dignitaries, character public order bonuses, etc. The cultural conversion & public happiness basics will sort all of this out in time. Also, limit how much you loot. Taking and popping that settlement for $10k-$15k can be tempting, but I only do it on occasion. I usually only have to deal with rebel spam when I've looted too often. Even one looting can cause years of rebellion.
    Ah ok so will build those and try out, I did loot a lot so that’s probably another reason why this is happening

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Nope none of them, would you recommend me to use them?
    If you haven't till now then nope, cause they make all the things you mentioned much more difficult to handle.
    I use them playing with Romans for example, cause I want an even bigger challenge.

Is there a reason game balancing wise that the capital if Armenia is set at Tushpa instead of Armavir?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armavir_(ancient_city)

Is there a reason game balancing wise that the capital if Armenia is set at Tushpa instead of Armavir?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armavir_(ancient_city)

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I can't seem to recruit Imperial Cataphract Legionaries from Rome's built in barracks and think it would make sense to be able to do so. It's annoying to resort to other provinces to do this. More importantly, I think it would be more fitting that they are both recruited and replenished from the Proletarii rather than the Plebs, just like the standard legionnaire. I feel that the extra point in armor and a bit more morale does not justify having to draw from the plebs, a smaller and less available pool of people.

Guys I always wanted to asked about situation which bothered me a lot. When there is walled city with full garrison in it, and if only one general would happen to be outside of that city, you can attack that unit and the whole garrison will always rush out of city to help him which is 99% of time means lose of city. Is it possible to mod AI so it would be more picky in this particular situation? Sometimes AI's bigger armies are moving to help that city in the next turn but AI does what I described. It is sort of crucial thing a lot of times. I think I forgot but Player is forced to fight this battles too, right?

Is it possible to change the Seleucid Empire capital to Seleucia, I'm no history expert but wasn't it the capital of the Seleucid Empire during the starting date of the grand campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    Guys I always wanted to asked about situation which bothered me a lot. When there is walled city with full garrison in it, and if only one general would happen to be outside of that city, you can attack that unit and the whole garrison will always rush out of city to help him which is 99% of time means lose of city. Is it possible to mod AI so it would be more picky in this particular situation? Sometimes AI's bigger armies are moving to help that city in the next turn but AI does what I described. It is sort of crucial thing a lot of times. I think I forgot but Player is forced to fight this battles too, right?
    Just don't attack the lone general sitting outside a settlement?

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Imperator View Post
    Is it possible to change the Seleucid Empire capital to Seleucia, I'm no history expert but wasn't it the capital of the Seleucid Empire during the starting date of the grand campaign
    Seleucia was the first capital for the faction when they controlled the whole territory, but during this time period satraps started rebelling and they moved on to Antioch.

Seems that the "courier station" buildings are missing for Armenia. The option to build all the other building in that catagory are there except the courier station line

I'm not sure if it is a bug but docking a naval fleet at a port of city seems to give a bonus public order bonus (military presence) even though the pop up indicates there will be a penalty for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CadetNewb View Post
    I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I can't seem to recruit Imperial Cataphract Legionaries from Rome's built in barracks and think it would make sense to be able to do so. It's annoying to resort to other provinces to do this. More importantly, I think it would be more fitting that they are both recruited and replenished from the Proletarii rather than the Plebs, just like the standard legionnaire. I feel that the extra point in armor and a bit more morale does not justify having to draw from the plebs, a smaller and less available pool of people.
    We have to have some limitations there because with too many units/effects, the building description becomes a blank box.

Quote Originally Posted by Fest View Post
    I'm not sure if it is a bug but docking a naval fleet at a port of city seems to give a bonus public order bonus (military presence) even though the pop up indicates there will be a penalty for me.
    It does decrease the public order as the pop up states, it just doesn't factor it into the public order summary. It will decrease by that much next turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by armen View Post
    Seems that the "courier station" buildings are missing for Armenia. The option to build all the other building in that catagory are there except the courier station line
    We have our own custom building system, various vanilla buildings are not in DeI and we add many new ones.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----