Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

So is there food from this effect in the region or for the background?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1696618387

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1696618312

can't edit posts.....
    anyway my population system not working..... barebones DEI, OLD mod manager...... see screen shots where I have mouse hovering over the parts that are supposed to show for example 30k population, just see #6, and the part where supposed to show how many people I have just says First or Second, or Third Class script
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 25, 2019 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Hi boys. My last campaign was on the previous version, when KAM's experimental battle pack had just been created. I liked it. Should I use it still, or are the changes already embedded in the new version?

Check for mod conflicts, reverify your game files, try redownloading/resubscribing.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

All is already implemented and fixes added.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

Another question about Carthage. I hit the reforms on turn 60 and can recruit Lybian thureos troops.

But I can't recruit the Liby-Phoenician thureos troops. They need a different reform which means they will become available at the same time as the Liby-Phoenician thorax troops.

I'm not sure how it was with other factions, but I thought all thureos troops became available with the thureos reform. Am I mistaken?
    If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences
    William Thomas

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

In case of Carthage, they get more upgrades to some of their basic units. To show that their population is getting bigger, they get better access to native recruits.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Well.... turns out the mod conflict was the Very Low Campaign Camera (Beta), a Graphical mod I didn't think could conflict, and for some reason this was causing the Population System to not work at all.....
    I already posted a comment in the Steam Workshop letting the modder know about the issue.

Why would a camera mod conflict with any part of DEI? i dont get it...

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Because it changes the campaign script and population wasn't the only scripted DeI features it wasn't working for you, at this point.
    It is clearly stated in the bug report thread not to use camera mods.

What all DLC is compatible with DeI?

Also I wanted to ask a question about the Unit Cards?
    I'd like to try to redo a smaller faction myself, but I have no idea where to begin or how to do it as I've never tried modding anything but if there was some sort of instruction somewhere .

The current unit cards you guys are using are fine, but compared to Normal's unit cards for example they look noticeably lower quality, they're not as crisp nor detailed. The biggest issue is their blurriness and low level of graphic detail, whoever took the screenshots for the cards looks like they had Anti Aliasing set to like 8x and some sort of blur effect almost.

I would make sure they're crisp and clear and vibrant, and full graphic details would be used alongside good lighting.
    But how do you guys even take screen shots of single units ? in the custom battles I assume ?

Jake.... yea I know about not using camera mods, it's the first thing written in the Tech Support section description of DEI Part 1.
    I was just using the old mod manager and didn't scroll all the way to the end, so I didn't see the mod was activated.

Just waiting for this new mod manager to come out of Beta and stop being so glitchy.... it's far superior to the old one
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 25, 2019 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

@Santini,

All dlcs are basically compatible, though Empire Divided and Rise of Republic don't have DeI units as yet.

Do I need MP submod for network? What about reforms? Rome versus Egypt.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

No, you don't need MP submod to play online.
    Reforms should trigger normally.

Good

Can you rework map in strategic view in regional campaigns (HaG, CiG etc) in style of main campaign strategic map?

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

No, fertality does not impact the amount of food you gain from a given building chain. So, in other words, if the farms building level 1 give you +3 food, then it means that you will always get +3 food from that building no matter which region you build it in.
    Actually, this would be awesome if it did, would make way more sense and increase the importance of fertile regions beyond measure.

BTW, anyone know why I suddenly can play Pergamon even though I havenīt bought the corresponding DLC?
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

There are regions that have base +x food, isn't that essentially what you're asking for?

I know it's not a % modifier but I'd rather not get locked into building farms in a specific province. With the limited building slots and all the penalties of higher level buildings, we already have very little choice in what to build (optimally).

Foederatus

^ Yeah, I just wasn't sure if a region that had +X to food (eg: LPQY in Northern Africa gives +3) gives you the extra food based on a farm type building, or did it apply to your faction simply by controlling the region.

Here's another 'Port' oddity that I believe is not a 'bug' per se, but is certainly an anomaly that should be addressed (I think).

Roma suffers from a lack of 'Military Ports' - and there are only 2 actual 'Ports' allowed in Latium and one in Italia. Ostia is incorporated into Rome, but doesn't appear as an actual Port. Misenum is not available at all.

Ravenna is near Ariminium, so that's fine, but has only the 'Minor Settlement' ports allowed. Tarentum could be developed into a Level IV Port of choice (representing Brundisium, perhaps); but what is odd is that Asculum also seems to have the 'Province Capital' Level IV Port choice too.

Is the latter a mistake? If it's not, could not the choice for Asculum be transferred to Ariminium?
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.