Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Tech] 1.2 Bug Reports

Hello DEI Team,

Not sure if this has been reported before. Playing:
    DEI latest version 12 (manual download) + Cultural Tension + AAA + music mod + DEI graphics enhancement mods

The game crashes to desktop every time I try to adopt Menenia Gracca in the screenshot attached... all other characters can be adopted...
    Hopefully you can help!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1523259053
    Last edited by jegui; September 26, 2018 at 08:22 AM.
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

And you have ofc tested the bug without the submods, thereby confirming that the problem is caused by DeI? Otherwise that could be a thing to test out.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

In my game playing Octavian in the Imperator Augustus campaign, I have no units available with both the auxilia and normal barracks in Raetia et Noricum. Installed the updates yesterday and started a new campaign. I don't know if this is a problem on my end.
    If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences
    William Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    And you have ofc tested the bug without the submods, thereby confirming that the problem is caused by DeI? Otherwise that could be a thing to test out.

I removed all mods except DEI v12 and tested again. Exactly the same crash to desktop!
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by KurdishSpartakus View Post
    i have only Dresden's softcore submod and the rest are graphics and camera and etc.

well maybe yes but i see at least 2 units for example just sitting idle watching a unit of theirs attacking me even if they are near rout and only attack when one by one of their units are completely defeated!

and this has made my battles very easy unfortunately and i even can defeat 1 stack army against 2 full stack while they have other advantages too!

i play DeI for its good AI before why its this now !
    Holding few units in reserve was added in last CA patch, along with few other better or worse AI tweaks. And like Flash said, you can't directly edit BAI in Rome 2 so I won't be able to change it.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by zogg513 View Post
    Hi,

Having a strange bug for some new ancillaries.
    https://imgur.com/a/pP969TI

It seems that sometimes an ancillary will appear after taking towns, but will not show up in the UI in the current/next turn despite getting a message you received it. There's also no button to replace your current household member so I'm guessing it's supposed to appear in the slot that has weapons/armor, but nothing shows up there.
    I have the same bug as this guy. I use the steam version downloading the latest 3 part mod from Dresden library. Nothing else downloaded and no other mods ever used for this game. I also have a problem of not being able to equip any household members for my generals or agents. It is turn 20ish and I recieved multiple household members by various means. Interestingly enough I noticed it in my Parthia playthrough which is what OP plays according to his screenshot. In my Rome playthrough the household members work just fine. So maybe this faction based bug?

Quote Originally Posted by georgioz View Post
    I have the same bug as this guy. I use the steam version downloading the latest 3 part mod from Dresden library. Nothing else downloaded and no other mods ever used for this game. I also have a problem of not being able to equip any household members for my generals or agents. It is turn 20ish and I recieved multiple household members by various means. Interestingly enough I noticed it in my Parthia playthrough which is what OP plays according to his screenshot. In my Rome playthrough the household members work just fine. So maybe this faction based bug?
    Wait... does this mean that you have searched for previous reports on the bug you are experiencing?

Wait... does this mean that you have searched for previous reports on the bug you are experiencing?

Yeah, I did a search for "household bug" and a maybe some other searches to find out if I am just stupid with something. Which in the end turns out I was as the guy I linked is in fact playing Macedon and not Parthia. But at least the bug should be easy to reproduce. Just start the game as Parthia and wait for a few turns to get some household member. It will not equip automatically for appropriate slot and if you click the slot there will be a message saying "no household members available" or something like that (I am not at my computer now).

I will try to replicate the bug today with clean installation (deleted the whole Steam folder and let the game download again before leaving home in the morning) so I can do some more testing in the evening.

Yeah, I did a search for "household bug" and a maybe some other searches to find out if I am just stupid with something. Which in the end turns out I was as the guy I linked is in fact playing Macedon and not Parthia. But at least the bug should be easy to reproduce. Just start the game as Parthia and wait for a few turns to get some household member. It will not equip automatically for appropriate slot and if you click the slot there will be a message saying "no household members available" or something like that (I am not at my computer now).

I will try to replicate the bug today with clean installation (deleted the whole Steam folder and let the game download again before leaving home in the morning) so I can do some more testing in the evening.
    You sir. Are a hero! [emoji6] a proactive guy capable of searching for similar problems reported earlier in case an answer already exist. Brilliant.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Yeah, I did a search for "household bug" and a maybe some other searches to find out if I am just stupid with something. Which in the end turns out I was as the guy I linked is in fact playing Macedon and not Parthia. But at least the bug should be easy to reproduce.
    You sir. Are a hero! [emoji6] a proactive guy capable of searching for similar problems reported earlier in case an answer already exist. Brilliant.

That's a first. You Sir deserve my Rep.

I am missing ancillaries in my game (that were there before the last update). Among them is the vestal virgin (the generals who had her now have no ancillary) and this (was it a centurion) who increased melee (can't check anymore what his name was). Anyone here still having vestal virgins in their games?

Also if I may a point out a balancing issue. With all spouses being characters one now gets the twice loyalty bonuses for mariages. This reduces the chances for civil wars by quite a bit. I wish it could be balanced at least for the GC.

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by RJA View Post
    In my game playing Octavian in the Imperator Augustus campaign, I have no units available with both the auxilia and normal barracks in Raetia et Noricum. Installed the updates yesterday and started a new campaign. I don't know if this is a problem on my end.
    Perhaps I should have posted screenshots. Field of Mars and Roman barracks are okay it seems. The rest is not. Could someone check if it's a problem with the mod, or if it's on my end? And maybe show me how to activate those auxiliary troops myself? I like my regions to be guarded by a local auxiliary force. Now my northern border is undefended!
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1524232510
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1524234352
    William Thomas

Perhaps I should have posted screenshots. Field of Mars and Roman barracks are okay it seems. The rest is not. Could someone check if it's a problem with the mod, or if it's on my end? And maybe show me how to activate those auxiliary troops myself? I like my regions to be guarded by a local auxiliary force. Now my northern border is undefended!
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1524232510
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1524234352
    Even your normal barracks doesn't have recruitment? I have never seen that before. I am not sure what could cause that, but it should always have the normal options there.

See this thread - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ng-Ancillaries
    From what we can tell its a vanilla issue of some type. Its weird.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

The Corsical Coastal Levies puts that they throw a pila and they don't have it

For some reason with the new steam version of DEI (no add. mods) the population/supply scripts aren't running for me

Don't know if it's a bug. But after the latest version from CA and DeI my agents are not able to assasinate anyone.
    They are all high levels but the option doesn't show up.

Aram Kurdo's Avatar Tiro

Camera mods? They can break the scripts in the mod and it is not advised to use them with DeI.
    You cannot change AI behaviour that much. And as such there are basic flaws in the BAI that noone except CA can fix. Overall the BAI in DeI is far better than vanilla.
    You are expecting too much.

its just a "campaign" camera that i want to see the regions in higher grounds and its not battle at all.

yes i know its CA's fault but it was not before and something like this never i saw it on vannila too and its very strange for me really.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Holding few units in reserve was added in last CA patch, along with few other better or worse AI tweaks. And like Flash said, you can't directly edit BAI in Rome 2 so I won't be able to change it.
    i dont have the latest patch also i havent noticed this on any other even vannila or previous DeI versions !
    Last edited by Aram Kurdo; September 27, 2018 at 04:45 PM.
    Racists and Fascists Call You Terrorists, Humanity Calls You "FREEDOM FIGHTER"
    YPJ (Women protection Units) Warriors in Rojava (Kurdistan Of Syria)

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Even your normal barracks doesn't have recruitment? I have never seen that before. I am not sure what could cause that, but it should always have the normal options there.
    Field of Mars en the first Roman Barracks are ok. The last tier one not. It's making me crazy. I hope my game is not bugged. Is there an easy way to fix this myself?

I have the following mods installed:
    1) From steam: Rome total war music and your No PO garrison negative submod
    2) From twcenter: your nomajorbonus and softcore submod

I doubt a conflict between these could cause it?
    William Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by KurdishSpartakus View Post
    its just a "campaign" camera that i want to see the regions in higher grounds and its not battle at all.
    Camera mods are often added through scripts, which usually overwrites the overarching script file included in DEI, deactivates most of the mod's scripts.

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

Field of Mars en the first Roman Barracks are ok. The last tier one not. It's making me crazy. I hope my game is not bugged. Is there an easy way to fix this myself?

I have the following mods installed:
    1) From steam: Rome total war music and your No PO garrison negative submod
    2) From twcenter: your nomajorbonus and softcore submod

I doubt a conflict between these could cause it?
    Could it be that there is actually a problem with the auxiliary system in the Imperator Augustus campaign? I noticed problems with other Roman factions as well. Marcus Antonius can't recruit auxiliary troops in Macedon, but he can recruit the Macedonian auxiliary in Greece. Meanwhile Lepidus can recruit both northern and southern Spanish auxiliary troops in all his regions in Spain.

I did a reïnstall of the game (new download from twcenter) and the problem remains. Could someone please check this in his/her game?
    Last edited by RJA; September 28, 2018 at 07:45 AM.
    William Thomas