Page 29 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738395479 ... LastLast

Thread: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.3.2a - Updated April 16 2023

Paladin94610's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.1c - Updated June 22

1.2.x patches are missing the unit cards folder (.pack\ui\...) therefore so many units are missing unit cards in the patch. Is it intentional? Or did I miss something? Please look into it.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

Did you download part 2? It has the unit cards.

Or if you have the steam version you are missing parts 7 and 8
    Last edited by Dresden; June 27, 2017 at 01:40 AM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Edit: I'll try to edit this myself.
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; June 29, 2017 at 02:43 PM.

Hi Dresden (and everyone).

First, thanks for your brilliant DEI overhaul mod of Rome 2. It's made it such a better game compared to Vanilla.

Secondly, sorry but I have a bit of a noob-editing question (and I've tried to follow your previous advice somewhere else on the 'net to another Rome 2 DEI player about how to edit the starting diplomacy values between various factions, but I couldn't get my head around the database editing stuff, sorry).

I'm looking to make the other British factions be a little bit less hostile to the Scottish (Kaledonoi) at the start of the game.

I realize that there is meant to be a cultural penalty for the Scots in this game (even though whilst there were constant squabblings between English and Scottish tribes historically the arguments between Scots and Picts/Irish only really started around 200AD, a few hundred years after this game starts).

Whilst I am a noob at editing, I'm alright at playing Total War games: I've played 7 different TW games during the past 15 years and usually conquer every settlement within about 40 turn ((usually on very hard battle / very hard diplomacy campaigns).

The biggest problem facing the Kaledonoi in DEI is that everyone (including particularly, and incorrectly, the Irish) gang up on them within about 2 turns.
    I played the game a couple of times unsuccessfully trying to take on the much stronger Brigantes (the northern b*stards), but without any joy. In other games where I sat tight in my Scottish settlement, the Irish and Brigantes came to take me out within 10 turns.

So I then thought of a different strategy... RUN, HIT and RUN again!
    I ran to Wales and took them out, then ditched the Welsh settlement (which the Brigantes on my tail then stole) and sailed to Ireland and took them out.
    I then hit a stalemate: I could defend my land in Ireland from the Brigantes who sailed over and lost a few men in a fight, and I could fight the Iceni (cockney b*stards) when they visited without any significant victory on either side, but I couldn't take any further lands without giving up my Irish one because I lacked the troops (and also garrisons like the Brigantes' settlement were tricky to defeat with my smallish number of men).

So it became a game of sitting in Ireland and fending off the attackers, which wasn't very exciting...

Frankly, all I'd like is to either:
    a) build up my Kaledonoi tribe (culturally or army-wise) in its Scottish settlement before the Irish/Brigantes land within 5 turns, or
    b) to be able to take a second settlement (maybe the Welsh or Irish ones) before I have to fight EVERY other British faction. Currently, every time I take a settlement, I have to move all my troops with me, which then becomes a game of run around the map until I meet death...

I think with a slight adjustment between the Scottish and Irish (and possibly Welsh) starting diplomacy values, it would be possible to conquer Britain and Ireland as the Kaledonians, and then the world.
    (I'd also question whether the Irish and Welsh were really all that much closer to the Iceni than to the Scots - enough to back the Iceni rather than the Kaledonoi in a fight, but anyway...)

TL,DR: has anyone played as the Kaledonoi and taken the rest of Britain (and the world)?
    If so, what was your strategy?

Cheers, and well done again Dresden on this excellent mod.

Biggus

Hi,

I'm curious about when the next update, the 1.2.1d version will arrive.
    I want to edit a bit the starting money and the starting strength for the etruscans and the epirotes in order to not be eliminated in the first few turns, so should I wait for the next patch, or start editing.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

@ Biggus

Try the softcore submod in the official submod sticky. You can activate it and deactivate it whenever you like and I believe one is only for making diplomacy less aggressive. Also, check out a thread about one settlement factions in the tips and strategies thread.

@Biggus
    I decreased the diplomacy negative for a few factions to make it better but I may have overlooked them. Perhaps they could use a different faction trait instead. We actually planned on redoing all the custom factions with new traits but I havent gotten to it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Avidius View Post
    Hi,

I'm curious about when the next update, the 1.2.1d version will arrive.
    I want to edit a bit the starting money and the starting strength for the etruscans and the epirotes in order to not be eliminated in the first few turns, so should I wait for the next patch, or start editing.
    It will be awhile, but the best way to mod DeI is to make your own submod and load it before the main mod. You can change your tables to be different table names (table fragments) so it should stay mostly compatible.

Excellent - many thanks Dead Man Wilson for those tips, I'll check them out.
    And thanks Dresden for the reply: the Scots (Kaledonoi) don't need a huge amount of altering, but perhaps reducing the animosity of the Irish (and possibly the Welsh) at the start would be more historically accurate and more playable as the Scots.
    Definitely, the Scots tribes fought many times with the northern English tribes, but probably not too often with the Irish or Welsh until around 200AD.

Many thanks,
    Biggus

Senator

I think it has nothing to do especially with Scots, Irish, Welsh and English and their animosities, simply because none of these groups did exist at the start of the timeframe and for a long time afterwards (there were mostly the same people living in later Scotland and in southern England, but divided in a lot of tribes), it's more because of the problems all small factions have. Or had before the latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    I think it has nothing to do especially with Scots, Irish, Welsh and English and their animosities, simply because none of these groups did exist at the start of the timeframe and for a long time afterwards (there were mostly the same people living in later Scotland and in southern England, but divided in a lot of tribes), it's more because of the problems all small factions have. Or had before the latest version.
    Hi Geala,

That's a fair point regarding the actual history of the different tribes / groups.
    However, in terms of this game, try playing as the 'Irish' faction in this mod (admittedly I'm using the mod version from around April 2017), and you'll find it a lot easier than playing as the 'Scottish' faction for definite.

As put above, the best strategy I had when playing as the Kaledonoi was to run and take Wales, then Ireland, then fight off the English tribes who came ''visiting'' me in Ireland to a stalemate. When playing as the 'Irish' faction, I didn't have anyone wanting to annihilate me within 2 turns.
    Genuinely, I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any better strategies when playing as the Kaledonoi, because I'd like to give them a go (and they are a playable faction).

Cheers,
    Biggus

Did you guys remove the crouching triarii/pedites extraordinarii?

I think the Polybian triarii still do it?

Hey, thanks for the great mod. Having just one issue so far as a first time user. The supply system doesn't seem to be affecting my armies, and there are no tooltips to display their supply status in the list of army effects. I also do not see any detail tooltips for regional supplies when hovering mouse over the FOOD icon for a province.

I'd have to guess you've got a mod that's interfering with DeI's scripts (camera mods can do that - but DeI includes our own camera mod, so no need for others). Best make sure you find and disable it (and probably start a new campaign), because if those scripts aren't working, there are probably other scripts you're missing out on too...

Well, since I can't edit, please disregard last post. Somehow I had an out of date version of Part 1 for 1.2. Reinstalled that and supply system UI and everything works beautifully.

Great news to read: congrats to all the hard work !

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.

First off, absolutely spectacular mod. I am knee deep in a Rome campaign and the poop literally just hit the fan with my allies turning on me. I saved the game yesterday morning with plans to start my revenge conquests, but by yesterday afternoon I was unable to run the game. The game loads fine without the mod, but when it is enabled it says the mod is out of date for the version of the game. I have all 8 parts (running on steam) and no other mods enabled or even subscribed to. Game files have been validated and I tried resubscribing to the different parts. Thoughts? There are barbarians to kill and I have the whole day off...

I am not sure why Steam would say outdated, that is odd. Normally that means its a non-steam mod. But you can click "enable out of date mods" to be allowed to use those.

If the steam version keeps being a problem, you can get the 2 part standalone version and try that.

I guess I'm missing something here but the Populous mod doesn't seem to work for me. I have all 8 parts up to date and no other mods enabled. Isn't it included ?
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Yep, it is included. Make sure you haven't accidentally enabled some other mod, and make sure you've started a new campaign. Failing that, go for the 2-part standalone version of the mod instead of the 8-part Steam one. Anyway the 2-part one is easier to deal with.