Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RTR8 Beta v3.0 Bug Report Thread

Default Re: RTR8 Beta v3.0 Bug Report Thread

hmmm yeah so I had it extracted there so I did it again now it works thx I guess

Glad to hear it works, have fun mate!
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

I crashed when I play as Hellenistics City-States in custom battle. Any idea what causes the problem?

Try doing the same exact battle. If it crashes again, please list the factions, units, and map you are using and we will look into it.

I played as Hellenistics City-States (Greeks) and the units I chose are Spartan hoplites and Elite hoplites. I tried every map and it still crashed.

Was there an error message?

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Was there an error message?
    It just stopped working

In your shortcut go to properties, and in the target line make sure it says -show_err
    if it says 'Rtw- Alexander has stopped working' then that's different.

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    In your shortcut go to properties, and in the target line make sure it says -show_err
    if it says 'Rtw- Alexander has stopped working' then that's different.
    It says "RTW ALX has stopped working"
    and this is the problem detail

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: RomeTW-ALX.exe
    Application Version: 1.9.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4461eeda
    Fault Module Name: RomeTW-ALX.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.9.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4461eeda
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 004fd6f7
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1054
    Additional Information 1: 85d3
    Additional Information 2: 85d35e671413ce3d7b5f40641d181665
    Additional Information 3: 520b
    Additional Information 4: 520b0a6f61f976b1194d85a3f2da03f2

I hope this is helpful.

Does it crash with any other units or just those? I'd suggest doing a complete reinstall because nobody else is having issues with those units. Try playing as the Greeks in the campaign, those two units are in Sparta. Fight a battle with them and if it works, then there's something wrong with your installation. If it doesn't work, well then it's probably an issue we will need to look into but it could still be solved by re-installing.

I've had a startup issue. When I go into the campaign selection menu, the Custom Battle and Provisional Campaign text overlaps each other, and neither Prologue nor Imperial Campaign work.

Wow, that's very odd, I've never heard of not seen that error before.

Indeed. I have Steam version of Alexander, but I loaded it from the BAT. I'm going to try the second method and see if that fixed it.

That did the trick

Quote Originally Posted by anduril38 View Post
    That did the trick
    Glad it worked, have fun playing!
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.

Feels awesome so far Battle Editor works too, alibet with a couple of errors

Quote Originally Posted by anduril38 View Post
    Feels awesome so far Battle Editor works too, alibet with a couple of errors
    Thanks! We aim to release v3.1 of the beta on Christmas, and v4.0 a few months after that, when we get to finishing it, so expect seeing a great number of tweaks and fixes in the future, we are not done yet

first of all awesome job on the mod mates, having a blast playing it. most of the bugs i've had have been fixed with the 3.1 beta patch, however i have a very specific bug that i cant find a solution for. the issue occurs whenever i enter battle on a specific map containing a bridge it gives this error "insufficient video memory to load requested texture set" followed by a CTD. now i've tried to look for a fix on the forums and elsewhere but cant seem to find a solution. happy new year and happy holidays to everyone.

From my knowledge this has to deal with your pc. Sometimes it just happens, but it is a strange error. Where is the bridge on the map? Or is it a custom battle?

i seriously doubt that its related to my pc since i have no issues with EB and RSIII whatsoever. if it happened sometimes i would've mentioned it. this error happens EVERY time on the campaign map on any bridge battle.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast