Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: RTR8 Beta v3.0 Bug Report Thread

Default RTR8 Beta v3.0 Bug Report Thread

Greetings RTR fans!
    If you came across any bugs/errors/crashes, please let us know here, so we can fix them as soon as possible. Thanks!
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Default Re: RTR8 Beta v3.0 Bug Report Thread

Hello, playing as the Germanic Tribes and attacking Laciburgium on the first turn I get a CTD while the battle is loading. Generic Error: Failed to find texture'/textures/UNIT_STANDART_GAUL.TGA'

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    Hello, playing as the Germanic Tribes and attacking Laciburgium on the first turn I get a CTD while the battle is loading. Generic Error: Failed to find texture'/textures/UNIT_STANDART_GAUL.TGA'
    Hi Baron von Manteuffel! Thank you for notifying us, your error has been forwarded to the coding department, we'll see to it that we fix it as soon as possible
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.

Ah it's the same error I received while playing as rome this morning. Here is the hotfix, we simply didn't have an entry for the rebels for that standard bearer. Place it in your RTR/data folder, and overwrite the old file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I saw that and fixed that in my DMB, started a new campaign as the Germanic Tribes and it crashed after the battle at Laciburgium.

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Any error?
    Not for that. I restarted and auto-calculated the battle and got past that.

Error in the DMB for the RTRVII_greek_officer_mounted. RTR/data/models_unit/textures/greek_officer_aor_mounted.tga.tga

I'll have to try taking that city manually and see if there is an error. I'll fix that, I'll be home in an hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Ah it's the same error I received while playing as rome this morning. Here is the hotfix, we simply didn't have an entry for the rebels for that standard bearer. Place it in your RTR/data folder, and overwrite the old file.
    I had the same problem but this fixed it. Thank you!

When you try to start the campaign with Egypt, it does not start, and the screen stays frozen
    Help me!

You need to wait for a few minutes, sometimes it takes awhile to load.

Why does that happen ?
    How can I solve that ?

Ran into another ctd. The error read: "Generic Error: Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set."

Quote Originally Posted by Sparttacus View Post
    Why does that happen ?
    How can I solve that ?
    If waiting doesn't help try reinstalling both the base game and the mod and see if that helps before taking further action.

Quote Originally Posted by 0dessa View Post
    Ran into another ctd. The error read: "Generic Error: Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set."
    That's an odd error, I'll forward your issue

Can you please try reinstalling everything, including the base game?

Quote Originally Posted by Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs View Post
    Can you please try reinstalling everything, including the base game?
    Sure thing.

To give some context, it crashed while loading a battle against the Gauls with me playing as the Germans.

Sure thing.

To give some context, it crashed while loading a battle against the Gauls with me playing as the Germans.
    I see. Well that's not an odd time and place for a crash, but the crash itself is odd, we'll see if reinstalling from scratch solves it

I got this error Generic Error: Failed to find texture'/textures/UNIT_STANDART_GAUL.TGA' and the hotfix posted by Ahowl11 doesn't work. What else can I do?

Are you extracting the hotfix into your RTR/data folder?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast