Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.0 Release Announcement + Download Links!

Default Re: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.0 Release Announcement + Download Links!

Thank you for replying to my messages Mangificent Walrus, I already have a person helping me with my Linux, I was aware you can have both systems on one hard drive, though I hoped it wouldn't be necessary as I didn't want to bother with it, luckaly the person who installed Linux on my computer (I didn't do it myself) offered to help me so he will take care of it (I hope). Thanx for the help anyway, I appreciate it. Maybe we'll neet in a online battle when I have this sorted

Default Re: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.0 Release Announcement + Download Links!

Hi guys i am trying this one and i like it so far, it runs smoothly. I just wanted to ask you. After installing RTR8 and 3.1 my games shows ver1.91 why could this be?, i noticed differences between a youtube video bout this mod related to the seasons in game. Mine only has winter and summer. That was when i decided to check in game version just to see 1.91 instead of 3.1. Did i do something wrong during the extraction?
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by oberkommando View Post
    Hi guys i am trying this one and i like it so far, it runs smoothly. I just wanted to ask you. After installing RTR8 and 3.1 my games shows ver1.91 why could this be?, i noticed differences between a youtube video bout this mod related to the seasons in game. Mine only has winter and summer. That was when i decided to check in game version just to see 1.91 instead of 3.1. Did i do something wrong during the extraction?
    Thanks in advance.
    Greetings oberkommando!
    The v1.91 that is shown ingame is the game version, not the mod version, so everything is ok. So, the RTR8 v3.1 runs on RTW Alexander v1.91
    The mod has a 4 turns per year script, to mimic the 4 seasons, but due to core game's limitations, only two "seasons" are shown, summer and winter. If one ingame year takes four turns to pass then everything is working as intended
    Last edited by Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs; July 16, 2017 at 07:45 PM. Reason: typo
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Quote Originally Posted by Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs View Post
    Greetings oberkommando!
    The v1.91 that is shown ingame is the game version, not the mod version, so everything is ok. So, the RTR8 v3.1 runs on RTW Alexander v1.91
    The mod has a 4 turns per year script, to mimic the 4 seasons, but due to core game's limitations, only two "seasons" are shown, summer and winter. If one ingame year takes four turns to pass then everything is working as intended
    Vrosivs, thanks a lot for your reply. Sadly in my game it onlty takes two turns per year...
    Also i have a CTD when going from 262 to 261 BC, i have changed many time the posibilites to avoid the same end-of-turn outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by oberkommando View Post
    Vrosivs, thanks a lot for your reply. Sadly in my game it onlty takes two turns per year...
    Also i have a CTD when going from 262 to 261 BC, i have changed many time the posibilites to avoid the same end-of-turn outcome.
    A late reply, sorry, I forgot to reply in time since I'm all over the place haha.
    Make sure that the background script is working. Also, you should exit the game entirely before loading a campaign or starting a new one, again, for the script to work properly.
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.

I've been playing this mod for the past 2 days. It's a nice mod with amazing features. However some things in this mod are not explained well. For instance culture: I managed to make western the dominate culture in Bononia and for whatever reason it does not accept it as it's new dominate culture. I did replace the temple with one of my own culture group and i still have the same issues. Could anyone explain to me how to manage this properly? Buildings build are : government building, colonization, temple and barrack. I also have placed about 10 diplomates in the city to help the convertion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs View Post
    It should look something like this:

so after the .exe press space and copy the "-mod:RTR -show_err" without the quotation marks
    I have Rometw through steam but its the gold edition, I do not have an Alexander exe or directory could you please advise

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hands View Post
    I have Rometw through steam but its the gold edition, I do not have an Alexander exe or directory could you please advise
    You have to purchase the RTW:Alexander expansion then add it to Rome Gold, it's very cheap nowadays.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Hi, I just meant to try out this mod, but the install instructions say extract into alexander folder. So I can't even use this if I have the steam version of BI, but not alexander?

Edit: Seems my question was answered a post ago. Apologies.

Yup! Please get Alexander, it's worth it!

Hey guys. ive been getting crashes on the Campaign map when i try to fight a battle. any help on how to fix it?
    It says "Generic Error Failed to find texture " /texture/UNIT_STANDART_GAUL.TGA'. "

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCore View Post
    Hey guys. ive been getting crashes on the Campaign map when i try to fight a battle. any help on how to fix it?
    It says "Generic Error Failed to find texture " /texture/UNIT_STANDART_GAUL.TGA'. "
    Greetings, BlackCore!
    That error is known and there is a hotfix for it, see post #4 here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Report-Thread
    Also, I suggest installing the v3.1 patch, it gets rid of many issues
    Let me know if this helped and if you need further assistance

ENEVARY's Avatar Laetus

Hello! This may have already been said or asked but I did not see it. Does RTR 8 require ALX.exe or will it work on Bi.exe?

It requires the alx.exe
    Good news, it’s cheap!

Laetus

Hi Guys
    my game won't run for me. I tried a lot of solutions but I always get the same problem: missing file "lithabolos.cas" "big_lithabolos.cas" and two other i checked the files and they are in the folder. I tried to reinstall the whole game 2x, and got the same issue. I have the RTW Gold and The Alexander. I put it all to the right location. (first i installed the game on to a different driver 'cause for me the C:/ is only for the system and i have another drive for games), then i installed it onto the C: drive and still not working. please help me to fix the problem. Thanks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456