Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2r released!

Biarchus

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2d released!

I found the new AI relatively peaceful until on turn 102 about 8 wars broke out at the same time.

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Because we put a land-bridge there. We also removed the one from the "toe" of Italy to Sicily.

Give it time, it won't stay that way.
    Understood but isn't it distance longer then the one between Italy and Sicily?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiuga View Post
    Understood but isn't it distance longer then the one between Italy and Sicily?
    It's not about the distance, it's about the impact on the CAI. The Italian one messed with Roman and Carthaginian naval AI; the Gibraltan one just gives the Iberian factions and Numidia some flexibility in expansion.

Plus this makes it far less likely that Carthage is just going to march stacks through southern Italy all the time trying to path them from Lilybeo to their Iberian holdings. Those stacks of guys just hanging out and sometimes blocking the ability to cross the strait was frustrating. +1 for this fix

2.2d has proved very stable so far (50 turns each as both KH and Rome). I haven't noticed a great many changes in the way the game plays as yet. The missile troops certainly seem to inflict fewer casualties, especially the slingers. KH really has its work cut out now against Macedon, which has acted like it really is a "big" power and seems to have lots of troops now (probably just an impression.)
    One thing I am getting vastly more often at the start of battles since 2.2b is "reinforcements delayed?" There isn't a patten or cause to this that I've discerned on the strategy map to forewarn me this is likely to happen. It happens when my reinforcements appear in range and have not exhausted their move. It seems a bit random, as whether to risk a reinforcement battle is very often a delicate decision and now its being made in the dark. It happens on about 50 per cent of such battles. Can anyone explain the thinking behind this?

For my issue the problem was the torrent 2.2b, when I reinstalled EB II with a direct download version it worked fine. The torrent versions should be taken down or re-uploaded.

I only see active CAI factions at war which are the ones that are not bankrupt( usually the big ones: Seleukeia, Carthage.) The ones that are bankrupt stays with the stacks arround their borders or cities and does nothing. Again without the script it is noticeable that turn load times are faster, but overall i had to abandon my Saba campaign because Seleucids destroyed Nabatu and Ptolemeis, i had no choice and fight them as Saba, and you know what happens when superior force attacks you with all those stacks of phalangitai and insane economy, which they had suffered some city losses at the begining but they dominate at turn 200. It looked to me as an impossible mission, so yeah. CAI needs some more work and something with the script.

Biarchus

I like the new diplomacy. Asking peace has always been 'very generous' which is much better than 'very demanding' since we can actually make a proper peace agreement. This is huge.

Biarchus

And today I just found a FM with the 'quaestor' trait and the 'eligible for quaestor' trait at the same time. Maybe my install is corrupted somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Balkan Beast View Post
    I get a CTD when I try to launch after updating to this from 2.2b for some reason.Attachment 341738
    I'm using Windows 10 w/ Steam, same problem, CTD upon launching.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    I'm using Windows 10 w/ Steam, same problem, CTD upon launching.
    Like Balkan Beast, you may have a dodgy copy of 2.2b from the torrents. Try to get one of the direct download ones instead.

Is this patch compatible with the moddb version or do I need some different version to get the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Like Balkan Beast, you may have a dodgy copy of 2.2b from the torrents. Try to get one of the direct download ones instead.
    Yup, works like a charm now. Thanks for the hard work on 2.2d guys!

Just reinstalled 2.2b using the direct zip link. 2.2b works fine (on MacOS). Then reinstalled 2.2d2 on top of fresh 2.2b and get the same crash when selecting grand campaign. Again any insight would be appreciated. Thanks, Caymus.

Quote Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
    Just reinstalled 2.2b using the direct zip link. 2.2b works fine (on MacOS). Then reinstalled 2.2d2 on top of fresh 2.2b and get the same crash when selecting grand campaign. Again any insight would be appreciated. Thanks, Caymus.
    Any chance of an error log? I know nothing of MacOS and without an error log I can only guess.

Unfortunately no. I've tried, but have never had success creating a log.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

NO!! NO!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I just restarted the game 3 times on the last days by testing submods, crashing and fixing and when I finally settled and advanced on a game you release a new version!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!

2.2e is soon, probably the middle of next week or so. Recruitment limitation restored, rework of cavalry armour values, more EDCT updates, possibly revamp of weapon attack values.

Quote Originally Posted by Malivamar View Post
    Is this patch compatible with the moddb version or do I need some different version to get the patch?
    It should be, as long as you got v2.2b.

My relations seem to get stuck at reasonable. I can't improve them by giving gold gifts (does nothing). I can worsen them by attacking but it seems to go back up to reasonable afterwards. I cannot get an alliance with anyone. Any ideas?