Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: campaign

Default Re: campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Haddon View Post
    So another question about the campaign. Given the Attila map, and the fact AE is ~600 years prior to the start of Attila, what are you guys doing about all of that far eastern Europe and west Asia that was pretty much just all Sarmatia and Terra Incognita Hyperboria to the Romans? Are you guys gonna just put in nomadic tribes, maybe sub-factions of Sarmatians, wandering about being all nomad-like? Or maybe making all the cities desolate? I think it might be kind of fun to play as some people from the area and charge over towards Rome and start the Great Migration period early. Or it might be fun to take the Romans over there so they can swoop down through the Caucuses and between the Caspian and Aral into the Parthians. All-in-all, it seems kind of a difficulty choice of what to do with that area, give the 0 impact it had on Rome at the time, but how interesting the difference of play style could be.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think I'll add in my voice here, I'm so tired of playing custom battles for over nine months I am etching to have a go at the campaign, haha. Just think, when my Parthian cataphracts storm down the plateau of the deserts marching into Asia Minor and then to Rome, it will be glorious.

The submods I will ask:

- Unlimited Gold.
    - Remove restrictions on caps of elite units in custom battle and campaign.
    - Make all Parthian Cataphracts have facemask
    - Add in Attila Sassiand roster for Parthia, for enjoyment rather than historical accuracy.
    - More graphic mods.
    - Sell your slaves mod if a mechanic is there for it.
    - Over 1000 civilians in every city, or how much you can add anyway.
    - 1 turn tech. I'm a bit frustrated having to press turn, turn. Maybe even all technologies researched and I can get to the action.
    - Recruit all units.

Submod optional request:

The mod finishes at 100 AD, so I would want a modder to extend to at least 400 BC.

I need that one. 100 AD is too short,

That would be fun, in my opinion.

But this mod is worth waiting for anyway.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; December 13, 2016 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient World View Post
    I think I'll add in my voice here, I'm so tired of playing custom battles for over nine months I am etching to have a go at the campaign, haha. Just think, when my Parthian cataphracts storm down the plateau of the deserts marching into Asia Minor and then to Rome, it will be glorious.

The submods I will ask:

- Unlimited Gold.
    - Remove restrictions on caps of elite units in custom battle and campaign.
    - Make all Parthian Cataphracts have facemask
    - Add in Attila Sassiand roster for Parthia, for enjoyment rather than historical accuracy.
    - More graphic mods.
    - Sell your slaves mod if a mechanic is there for it.
    - Over 1000 civilians in every city, or how much you can add anyway.
    - 1 turn tech. I'm a bit frustrated having to press turn, turn. Maybe even all technologies researched and I can get to the action.
    - Recruit all units.

Submod optional request:

The mod finishes at 100 AD, so I would want a modder to extend to at least 400 BC.

I need that one. 100 AD is too short,

That would be fun, in my opinion.

But this mod is worth waiting for anyway.
    Wouldn't 100 AD be 1200 turns?

Indeed it is 1200 turns xD

Also in Rome there are going to be over 30,000 military recruits, and about 1 million overall population... I don't think you need to worry about the amount of civilians in cities

Hey,

does the game allow to continue playing after 100AD or are you forced to quit then? And is AE compatible with Turn-per-Year-Mods? The standard TPY of AE is 4 I guess?

Thank you, i am so excited

Quote Originally Posted by Rata1234567 View Post
    Hey,

does the game allow to continue playing after 100AD or are you forced to quit then? And is AE compatible with Turn-per-Year-Mods? The standard TPY of AE is 4 I guess?

Thank you, i am so excited
    I think it should allow playing after 100AD, but presumably there won't be any units upgrades or scripted events etc after that time.

AE wouldn't be compatible with existing TPY mods, but I'm sure people will make a submod. The standard TPY of AE is 4.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Hey Petellius, I have a quick question for you/the mod team. For screenshots like these: https://twitter.com/Ancient_Empires/...53675198521344 and this: https://twitter.com/Ancient_Empires/...53675198521344, what settings/mods did you guys use to take these screenshots? None of my screenshots look THAT GOOD at all (at 2k resolution and all settings on max). They look amazing and I wanted to know how you guys did it. Thanks!

What about music in Ancient Empires ? Could be possible to have RTW1 music added or being enabled ?

Yes and the language edition for the Greeks which there is not in Attila

So I know this is the bane of life for modders but.....do you have any idea of a rough release date? 3 months? 6? 12? 18+?

I'm only asking because this is something I'm very keen for, as Attila is better than Rome 2 in every way, but at the same time the idea of playing Rome 2's campaign on Attila is something I've wanted for ages now, so I'm very keen for the release of this.

That said, I used to also be very keen for mods like EB2, and in the end they'd been in development for so long that I'd lost interest in the base game/mod concept as a whole. Even worse, part of me is worried this mod may even be one that's not even released in the end (something which, cruel fate, has happened to mods I've waited a long time for but not lost interest in!)

Are there any estimates on when you expect to see a campaign of this being released? Thanks!!

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

I think they are working very hard on the campaign map and should show us something soon. There is a ton of work involved in making this campaign happen and it is going to be a big hit...probably since darthmod. I for one dont have attila yet, but as soon as they release the campaign, it will be downloaded right away.

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Cannot say a release date on campaign. We are making great progress though. Well post some updates we have soon. Once we do that, we should have a good idea of where we stand. Thanks all for your patience.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Corpius View Post
    Hey Petellius, I have a quick question for you/the mod team. For screenshots like these: https://twitter.com/Ancient_Empires/...53675198521344 and this: https://twitter.com/Ancient_Empires/...53675198521344, what settings/mods did you guys use to take these screenshots? None of my screenshots look THAT GOOD at all (at 2k resolution and all settings on max). They look amazing and I wanted to know how you guys did it. Thanks!
    It's a mod called GEM, you kind find it here on the TWC and I believe its a hosted mod. I use the default settings.

jayvikings57's Avatar Tiro

So excited for this.

When Petellius said

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Of course its still alive, the team is just taking a kind of forced break for a bit. We don't want to but kinda have to due to IRL. Like I keep saying, expect some updates on the campaign and the addition of naval battles before christmas.

Will we see possibly a closed alpha campaign testing or something relating to the "updates on the campaign" ?

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

That would be ideal and are hoping to have a closed aplha test - Similiar to the battles, where each person is assigned a faction to test playthrough, check for bugs and report any crashes. However, I cannot promise and would ultimately be up to ABH.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat1990 View Post
    When Petellius said

Will we see possibly a closed alpha campaign testing or something relating to the "updates on the campaign" ?

Further on this... Its something we have discussed wanting to do in terms of allowing some select few to get hands on with the Roman faction. While you test that for bugs and balance we can adapt our other factions as we go thanks to the feedback. Again no idea when/if this will eventually happen but it has been in discussion.

They just look freaken gorgeous

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

I'm guessing there isn't any updates from Petellius before Christmas.

Great looking screenshots neoiq5719,

For anyone who wants to waste some time before the campaign reaches us.
    During the steam sale you can pick up xcom enemy unknown for less then 10 euro`s.
    Great fun and a very punishing game with the long war mods you can download from nexus. That is what i`m doing with my time anyway