Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Artstudio's Work Thread

Default Re: Artstudio's Work Thread

-
    Last edited by Artstudio; November 30, 2016 at 02:27 AM.

-
    Last edited by Artstudio; November 30, 2016 at 02:28 AM.

I'm not sure I like the walls from Mount & Blade because we will not be able to garrison the walls with units. If you can achieve a similar result with Attila Walls, that would be awesome.

That actually looks like one of the multiplayer maps for Siege in Mount & Blade.
    Last edited by Slytacular; October 27, 2016 at 04:37 PM.

I do like to help you guys with some custom castle maps and for that castle model you could properly make a hill castle map with a no go-zone for the castle and fight around it. I don't know if it could work with these models Artsudio but you could try and add a low/high-wall entity on the walls and see if it add's units on the wall.
    Last edited by Sir_Pee_Alot; October 27, 2016 at 05:14 PM.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

@Sir_Pee_Alot;
    Maybe it would be better to work just with remodeled original Attila maps and their original walls to achieve proper castle-maps... Have no idea from modding but I heard recently that any kind of completely custom maps are still broken (at least if it goes to walls and AI) and it´s still impossible to add them to the campaign map.

Nikoline's Avatar Foederatus

Guys,I see u had a great work but why the Rise of Mordor team says they can't able to modify the campaign maps.

-
    Last edited by Artstudio; November 30, 2016 at 02:28 AM.

-
    Last edited by Artstudio; November 30, 2016 at 02:29 AM.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thanks Artstudio, medieval castle looks awesome! In the future, it may be good to build huge castles - that will show on the campaign map. Would also like to see your castle on the campaign map, etc. Anyways thanks a lot, and if you did Venice in all its glory - awesome!

Indeed, it looks very nice... Keep going
    But maybe old wall models could remain for cities (they fit very well for them imo) and new models could be used for castles.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenburrg View Post
    @Sir_Pee_Alot;
    Maybe it would be better to work just with remodeled original Attila maps and their original walls to achieve proper castle-maps... Have no idea from modding but I heard recently that any kind of completely custom maps are still broken (at least if it goes to walls and AI) and it´s still impossible to add them to the campaign map.
    Not entirely true I have made a siege map where the AI defend and attacks like it sould you can put men on the walls same for artillery only men can't walk on walls Yet. me and someone else have found a way but since the TEd is bugged it's alot of try and error.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=782719536

And replacing models will never look as awesome as a custom made castle plus will be full of bugs.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

I think the Mount & Blade Walls are too out of proportion for this game. When you scale the entire wall size to match the length, the height of the crenellations are too large to make sense. I'll make some castle walls eventually.

@Sir_Pee_Alot
    These are very good news. Btw; your castle looks just awesome. Do you plan to add a main hall for it?
    And what´s more important; could you use these custom maps on the campaign map?

I know we used lots and lots of M&B mod assets, and now TWW building models. But can we use M&B models itself?

We can say we can use other TW models because obviously they all CA's, but is it permissible to use Taleworlds'?

Oh yeah, almost forgot:
    Quote Originally Posted by Artstudio View Post
    the file tech.cs2 is responsible for burning buildings
    Can you edit or create cs2 files? Because it also determines the EFlines, placements of men on the buildings.
    Last edited by You_Guess_Who; October 28, 2016 at 09:32 AM.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Pee_Alot View Post
    Not entirely true I have made a siege map where the AI defend and attacks like it sould you can put men on the walls same for artillery only men can't walk on walls Yet. me and someone else have found a way but since the TEd is bugged it's alot of try and error.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=782719536

And replacing models will never look as awesome as a custom made castle plus will be full of bugs.
    Do you have more info about placement on the walls and make units capable to walk on them? I know many TEd's bug fixes but only walls mounting is unknown to me.

-
    Last edited by Artstudio; November 30, 2016 at 02:32 AM.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Awesome work !
    One thing though: the towers look a bit oversized to me. If you could reduce them to around 70 - 80 % of their current size, they should be perfect.

You are doing a great job though.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Wait so is it possible to edit the battle maps in order for them to be played in campaign? I didnt know that TED was able to do that.
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ltd. View Post
    Awesome work !
    One thing though: the towers look a bit oversized to me. If you could reduce them to around 70 - 80 % of their current size, they should be perfect.

You are doing a great job though.
    just look at the oversized sidedoors

-

-
    Last edited by Artstudio; November 30, 2016 at 02:32 AM.