Thread: How to edit this mod?

Foederatus

Default How to edit this mod?

Greetings, long time since I've been on this forum, not sure if this is the correct place for this question but it is DBM specific, so hear goes.

I am trying to edit the units in DBM - nothing major, justchanging the number of men in the units and some of the combat values (amour,melee, charge bonus etc.). I have made my changes in theexport_descr_unit_WITH_JAV.txt and the export_descr_unit_NO_JAV.txt files inthe DBM data folder, using Notepad++.Also,
    in order to use any modification you are doing with unpackedfiles, you must onetime goto the following file located in ...
    ...\Medieval II Total War\medieval2.preference.cfg
    Now open this file with notepad and add the following section intothe medieval2.preference.cfg file...

Code:
    [io]
    file_first = true

Now save it with this new parameter - I have done this (for DBM Mod).

When changing anything under the "base" folderyou must delete map.rwm. This file is also in the "base" folder:
    M2TW/Kingdoms: {M2TW installation folder}\data\world\maps\base
    Mods (incl. Kingdoms expansions): {M2TW installation folder}\mods\{modname}\data\world\maps\base
    -I have done this as well.
    I have started a new full campaign, i.e. not a saved game.
    The changes I have made are still not showing inthe game. It loads and works fine, no errors or CTD, it just doesn't show the changes.

Clearly, I am doing something wrong (?) here. How can I get this towork? Advice would be very much appreciated.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: How to edit this mod?

export_descr_unit.txt ONLY works

if you want export_descr_unit_WITH_JAV.txt to work - rename it to export_descr_unit.txt (making backup earlier)

Foederatus

Great, that works! Thanks for that Hanti.

EDU is not in the "base" folder so you don't need to delete map.rwm when changing it.