Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Mac OSX Grand Campaign Compatibility (No Reforms)

Default [Official Submod] Mac OSX Grand Campaign Compatibility (No Reforms)

Currently, for some reason the only way to play Mac Grand campaign is to use part of the Data Venia submod.

Here is a version of that submod that has only the campaign changes - http://www.mediafire.com/file/trg6al...eI_submod.pack
    Last edited by Dresden; July 18, 2017 at 06:59 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [Official Submod] Mac OSX Grand Campaign Compatibility (No Reforms)

Just a Small note for Installation, To install this Submod you must rename the Pack file from @_adei_OSX_submod.pack to @@_adei_OSX_submod.pack as this way when you are writing it down in the User.script.txt file it will load before AE as the AE pack file has a @ infront of its name as well and will cause an issue as the game will not know what mod to launch first and end up canceling out AE with you need to fix the Stratpos Issue at least until 1.2.
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

I will change the name next time I update it.

Well, Time for me to restart that lovely Epirote Campaign I was doing, its so nice to actually be able to play this without the frustration of by turn 20 having to take on wave upon wave of armies filled to the brim with thorax pikemen, roman Legionares, or Crazy Late level Gallic troops with my fledgling armies of Hoplites DEI mac Users everywhere will rejoice at this magnificence thanks to our benevolent ruler Dresden XD

Updated -
    - Changed mod names so that they always load above other submods.
    - Fixed Thureos units not unlocking.
    - Egypt now starts with Thureos units until I can figure out a workaround.
    - Some AOR units will also be available before they should be due to this issue.

hey just a note, i am a complete idiot and the Thuros Reform is now working properly, playing a campaign as macedon with POR sub mod as well. the only recommendation that I would have is have the royal units for the greek factions be higher up on the barracks roster, as it is now it goes Tier 2 barracks White shields, tier 3 bronze shields AND elite royal phalanx as well as royal swordsmen, I would jusuggest bumping them up to perhaps tier 4 barracks so they are more late game units (the royal ones at least) and that goes the same for companion cavalry and other such royal tier units, this gives more a progression feeling to cope with the lack of the original reform system. if that ever gets implemented the sub-mod will be perfect.

I'll give this a test soon. Thanks very much!
    The guy who used to test DeI and FotE on Mac.

I was waiting to see when you would show up Strawberry, the only other mac User I know on this forum XD

I think I've developed a bit of a reputation haha. When 1.2 comes out I'll be a lot more active I'm sure.

so have you given this little sub mod a try yet?

Yep, not played a lot, just tested it out, works great. Even more excited about 1.2 now though

Hopefully we will get 1.2 toward a beta test state soon and I can make sure to get you Mac testers in.

Cool, I'll be sure to do my duty.

One thing I noticed, is it possible to stop the Ancient Empire faction icons coming up? A minor niggle, but if not it doesn't matter.

I also noticed that when you start a campaign the faction and culture traits heading don't come up properly and add the whole description instead.

Nothing else so far
    Last edited by Delicate Strawberry; September 18, 2016 at 04:21 PM.

Is it possible to use the AE mod to be used as crutch for DeI with Mac? What I mean is, can you overwrite the changes AE makes so that it still appears to be DeI but functions properly? Hopefully that makes sense, I know what I'm trying to say.

1.2 will sort of do that

Works for me, thought it was worth a mention.

1.2+this submod works?

Na, it didn't for me. I meant your comment on adding stuff in 1.2

There is no Mod Manager for Mac version (Steam). ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast