Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: (WIP) Alexandria

Default Re: (WIP) Alexandria

I joined the team long before you Causeless, and me and others already had the idea. We'd been looking for scripters to make our scripts. You dont need to be scripter to have an idea, and make plans for it. The only one is antagonise you is yourself, any of us (AE members or players) want these stupid discussion because your ego. You come here once per month to create a discussion without sense, just for your ego or fun, I dont know.

Our scripter doesnt like the idea? And what? I didnt like Baktria, and I made it. We are part of a team, our stuff is planned by the entire team, maybe we doesnt like some things, but we make it, because we are a team, and that is what team mates does, his part of the work.

So please, not for AE, not for our team, you, or the mod. For the COMMUNITY, stop doing these stupid discussion each month, this things destroy community, which is already damage in Attila. For all of us, stop it.

Ancient Empires Member: Unit Maker

Jesus christ. I'm not trying to do some big exposé. I don't care.

I'm trying to justify why I'm not doing this submod. I'm not doing it. This is the reason why. That's it. I'm explaining why I'm not making the submod. Nothing more.

Our scripter doesnt like the idea? And what? I didnt like Baktria, and I made it. We are part of a team, our stuff is planned by the entire team, maybe we doesnt like some things, but we make it, because we are a team, and that is what team mates does, his part of the work.
    That feature wasn't planned. ABH told me on Steam that it wasn't planned to be added until I brought it up, at which point I am asked details about how I implemented the damn thing before I'm told that AE will make their own.

You come here once per month to create a discussion without sense, just for your ego or fun, I dont know.
    It's ego. It's because I'm outright scared that all the work I've done for scripting will be copied and ignored just so I don't get credit. It seems like AE would rather shamelessly copy my work than use what I'm offering freely and risk needing to give accreditation...

As far as I can tell, AE will literally add an entirely new feature onto their plans (while they've already missed their release date) just so they can copy it and pretend they came up with it.

This goal to tear out all my work just so I cannot get accreditation is made incredibly transparent by Hardballer outright admitting to it here.

Unless, of course, I somehow misunderstand this?:

No one have to convince you of anything and be assure not a single line of your code will be use for AE, I will make sure of that.
    Your name won't be associated with this mod, maybe as that boring guy that rants once in a while but nothing more.
    This is a personal issue. I'm not trying to publicly expose some grand scheme. I'm saying that I'm not making the submod because of personal issues with AE. AE will happily outright copy my work if they can just so I don't get credit.

The only damn reason AE spoke to me whatsoever recently is because now I've got something that AE doesn't have the technical ability to copy...

So. that's my point. Personal issues mean no submod, at least no submod to import maps in particular. The only thing I'm trying to achieve is to explain why.
    Last edited by Causeless; October 27, 2016 at 05:28 AM.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Deleted post.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; October 27, 2016 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient World View Post
    If you claim that AE doesn't have your skills, then why did you even bother posting screenshots of Carthage being imported into the campaign map?

And really there was no point in posting it here, all those screenshots of these imported maps if you never intended to create a submod. I'm not in the least interested in your fights with AE. There that Artstudio is creating custom maps for the Medieval kingdoms and we have to stick with RII and Attila maps. How quaint.
    AE can still do Artstudio's solution. That's replacing models, not importing custom maps. AE can do that.

I did, at one point, fully intend to create a submod. I fully intended to do it. That's why I posted the screenshots of imported maps. I intended to do it, but I changed my mind after AE made these recent decisions.

The tone of your post is the entire bloody reason I felt the need to explain myself. People get pissy about me not taking time out of my day to create this for AE, while at the same time AE treats my work as garbage and will copy whatever they can. The only thing they want from me are the things they cannot copy.

How damn entitled do you need to be to get outright angry at me for not freely giving AE my work?
    Last edited by Causeless; October 27, 2016 at 05:55 AM.

(scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

You left the team, you said they will use your work, just maybe, if you want, many times, so why they will suposse to do with your work? Wait until your ego dissappear? No, they work themselves, they create their scripts. And after you saw thei population system "Oh wait, they can make without me", and then started this terror campaign against them.

About maps, according to your ego, if you are able to make work the maps, you'll release it, just to show how better you are over AE and others. You called me liar many times because I speak about things, but I dont show anything, because I'll share only if 100% working fine. I think you refuse to create the submod, just because you cant make it work. Again, is ego, and ego works that way.

But again, yeah you are attacking without reason again, I asked you in private, and in the forum, Cpt. Cortes asked you a few minutes ago, and I'll ask you again: CA is already destroying the community, their puppets modders too, we DONT NEED more stupid discussion like this one, these things doesnt damage AE, or a specific modder, no, these things damage the ENTIRE COMMUNITY. So please stop. If you have all these hate and issues with AE, just doesnt enter in this forum, doesnt play the mod, doesnt write in each thread in order to start discussion, no, just leave AE in peace. You're helping CA destroying modding community, and you're doing a great job on it. So please, stop.

For the entire community. Nothing else.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Deleted post.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; October 27, 2016 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassassins View Post
    You left the team, you said they will use your work, just maybe, if you want, many times, so why they will suposse to do with your work? Wait until your ego dissappear? No, they work themselves, they create their scripts. And after you saw thei population system "Oh wait, they can make without me", and then started this terror campaign against them.

About maps, according to your ego, if you are able to make work the maps, you'll release it, just to show how better you are over AE and others. You called me liar many times because I speak about things, but I dont show anything, because I'll share only if 100% working fine. I think you refuse to create the submod, just because you cant make it work. Again, is ego, and ego works that way.

But again, yeah you are attacking without reason again, I asked you in private, and in the forum, Cpt. Cortes asked you a few minutes ago, and I'll ask you again: CA is already destroying the community, their puppets modders too, we DONT NEED more stupid discussion like this one, these things doesnt damage AE, or a specific modder, no, these things damage the ENTIRE COMMUNITY. So please stop. If you have all these hate and issues with AE, just doesnt enter in this forum, doesnt play the mod, doesnt write in each thread in order to start discussion, no, just leave AE in peace. You're helping CA destroying modding community, and you're doing a great job on it. So please, stop.

For the entire community. Nothing else.
    I'm saying why I'm not making the submod. If you really, really think that I'm a liar, that's laughable, because I've actually done the work and shown screenshots while you show literally nothing but words. My mods work fine, without crashes. Maybe you won't take my word on it but at least I've actually released some of my work and shown it to be working.

Anyways, it's not about AE refusing to use my work. That's their choice. My gripe is with them outright copying it and pretending they came up with it.

ABH asked me details on how I implemented my damn script then told me they'd write their own. I consider asking me while having no intention of using the script to be a breach of trust. If anybody is damaging the community it's not me, it's the mod team which unabashedly asks me for implementation details then write their own so they don't need to give accreditation.

You say I hurt the modding community - I'd like to remind you that AE isn't open source. If AE was so helpful why isn't anything they've released been open source? My work is. My scripting work is open source and their scripting work is not.

Willhelm123's Avatar Decanus

Most of AE will be open source after release, certainly everything I've created will be. The only reason it isn't yet is because we want it to be unique to the mod for the release. If we gave it all alway before then why would anyone play AE , and there's the obvious issue of permissions and credits.
    AE Dev, mainly units

They asked you how to make something? That hurt you? Let me tell you a little thing, community is to SHARE information, to help each other, to work together... But that hurt you... A person named A asked help to a person named B, and person A create the stuf... Maybe person A learned because the details of person B.

If you teach me how to create a unit, and then I created a unit, its because I know how. That cant hurt anyone! Make no sense. You give them details and they learn how to make ir? That is called HELP.

AE will be open resource, as they always said, but maybe, maybe, like most of the OP mods out there (not just TW ones), they release as OP AFTER finished the work, after release the mod. But again, the obiously reason hurts you without any reason.

How they can make OP a script that ISNT released yet? Can you explain me how to make open resource something not finished yet? Im game developer, engineer and modder, and I cant understand it, you simply cannot released something as OP while is unfinish.

All my work is OP, all, you can see in many big mods from RTW to ETW, but I always made them OP after finish it. LIke most of the Skyrim mods, or M&B mods, or Battlefront mods...

Yes, I hadnt show anything, because one, Im working, doing my second career and studying to be a doctor (of my first one), and I have 24 years, I just need more time in each day (I stopped all my work in mods, ot just TW games, or even play games because my lack of time) , two, because I dont wanted to CA codded and limit more things (they doesnt block things after seeing people modding it right?), three, because I'll share this if I have success and just because my friendship with Cpt. Cortes, because I work to myself after and four, I dont want to create hope on things, or give you something that doesnt work. I dont take you word because you always claim to know how make things any other cant, to be better than all of us, and now, being the only person who can import maps (because Im a liar who doesnt even know how to use a mod from workshop, or even how to open the game) and now without any reason you refuse to release and start a stupid disscusion again, without any sense to skip you refuse it, that sounds like you hadnt be able to make it and doesnt want to show your fail, exactly like ego works. Aas I said to you, Im replacing models with my custom ones, so I can make it to with Rome 2 if I want and I dont want custom settlements/maps because all the bugs they have from the editor (but again, it's all lies, like all I say), so dont tell me again that Im posting just because I want your work, because I solved this problem long ago for my Renaissance mod.

Anyway, make or not something OP doesnt hurt community. In fact most of the mods in Rome 2/Attila arent OP, thanks to CA for this. But attack other teams without reason, just personal hate, claim "Im better than X person", these stupid disccussions... These things hurt a lot in the community, exactly the same CA is doing. But you enjoy hurting community, and helping CA, so thanks a lot to you, and others like you, because Warhammer is more limited, and the next historical will be even more limited, because you guys, so, in the name of modding community, so much thanks.

I recommended moderators to delete this stupid disscusion, since your first comment, and again, I ask you to stop doing this things, or do it but in private, and let the community alone, without hurting more.
    Last edited by Hassassins; October 27, 2016 at 06:43 AM.

I was asked me questions on the details immediately after I offered them the script.

They weren't asking for help. The entire reason I feel betrayed is because of the same reason you claim your work isn't open source. I hadn't released the script yet, then they asked me details so they could copy it and release a mod using such a script before I can.

How they can make OP a script that ISNT released yet? Can you explain me how to make open resource something not finished yet? Im game developer, engineer and modder, and I cant understand it, you simply cannot released something as OP while is unfinish.
    Uh... yes, you can? You can easily do that. It's laughable to pretend otherwise. Just look on GitHub and you'll find literally tens of thousands of unfinished yet open-source projects. For example, 0ad is both unfinished and open-source.

By the way, I work full-time too. I am a software developer. I work 9am-5pm, 5 days a week. I find time to open source stuff, so how can't you?

I dont take you word because you always claim to know how make things any other cant, to be better than all of us, and now, being the only person who can import maps
    Fine. Try it yourself. Just as a proof of concept to prove importing maps is possible, this replaces the Carthage map with this map (be sure to download and enable it).

If AE try to modify and/or copy this, so what? I've gotten used to this by now...

Perhaps it's not just that I claim to know how to do things, but actually can do them? Unlike you? Now why don't you man up and release the things you claim to have done?

Or is it all lies? Because you've done nothing to help the modding community. Aside from your massive claims about things you did under a different name back in the Rome 1 days... You're a charlatan and nothing more until proven otherwise.
    Last edited by Causeless; October 27, 2016 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Causeless View Post
    It's ego. It's because I'm outright scared that all the work I've done for scripting will be copied and ignored just so I don't get credit
    Can we have a comprehensive list of your work for AE and what you think has been copied without permission ?

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    Can we have a comprehensive list of your work for AE and what you think has been copied without permission ?
    I'm incapable of seeing what you have planned... the campaign-starting-with-a-battle script is the only thing I know for certain given that ABH outright admitted AE's intention to write a copy.

Alright, then we can safely remove you from our credit list.

Well I tried fot the third time to have a real an logic conversation with you, doesnt work, so keep hurting the community and satisying your ego, thanks for your help on CA's job.

And a little thing, you try to hurt AE mod, doesnt work, just waste your time, I hope you can see it some day. Please delete all my post, avoid any type of damage from this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassassins View Post
    Well I tried fot the third time to have a real an logic conversation with you, doesnt work, so keep hurting the community and satisying your ego, thanks for your help on CA's job.

And a little thing, you try to hurt AE mod, doesnt work, just waste your time, I hope you can see it some day. Please delete all my post, avoid any type of damage from this guy.
    I've proven you wrong, at the very least about your (frankly rather ironic) claims that I'm lying about all of this. I've shown proof, now you show some of the work you claim to have done.

I do not understand how you can have the gall to accuse me of lying about my progress when I've given proof in the form of pictures, and now released an actual pack file.

Meanwhile, with every accomplishment any modder makes, you claim you already did it long ago while refusing to give evidence. You accuse me of being egotistical while every message of yours is just a lousily conceited attempt at one-upping the work of others.

I'm not trying to harm AE. I do not understand how you can come to that conclusion when I've actively tried to help AE by offering them scripts. The only way I've tried to "harm" AE here is by explaining the reason I am not making the submod, which is, again, a completely personal thing. I'm giving my personal reasoning as to why I will not create the submod. I am not trying to sabotage anything, I'm trying to defend my decision.

What would you rather I do in this situation? Do you think that I should still create the submod? Do you think I'm being unreasonable in not wanting to create it?

I note you keep saying I "refuse to release" the submod. That's not the case. I am not sitting on a complete submod. I'm stating that I no longer intend to spend many of my valuable hours away from work on creating a submod for AE, at least not any more. Is this an unreasonable decision for me to make?
    Last edited by Causeless; October 27, 2016 at 12:18 PM.

_Tyr_'s Avatar Civis

I'm sorry guys, but would you mind having your conversation via private messages rather, than spamming the forum?

Or I have an even better idea, simply add to the existing honorable mention in the credits another sentence and get to see if this map importation stuff is possible, because I think thats certainly something pretty much everyone would be interested in.
    You all invest so much time in giving us users great mods and enhancing our Total War experiences so much, that I really don't understand your conflict. I would love to see all of you getting over your personal issues and focus on what you used to do - creating great mods for the dedicated Total War community.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tyr_ View Post
    I'm sorry guys, but would you mind having your conversation via private messages rather, than spamming the forum?

Or I have an even better idea, simply add to the existing honorable mention in the credits another sentence and get to see if this map importation stuff is possible, because I think thats certainly something pretty much everyone would be interested in.
    You all invest so much time in giving us users great mods and enhancing our Total War experiences so much, that I really don't understand your conflict. I would love to see all of you getting over your personal issues and focus on what you used to do - creating great mods for the dedicated Total War community.
    I'm not fundamentally against the idea of helping AE. In fact, I'm largely in favour of it.

I offered them a script and they turned it down, opting instead to copy my script.

Let me be fully clear. I'm not pissed because they are implementing the feature. If, before I had offered them the script, they had stated that the feature was already planned, I would be fine.

They did not have the feature planned. I am pissed because they turned down my unconditional offer to give them a near-finished script and instead opted to copy the feature. They do this so that I do not get accreditation for creating the script.

The only reason they aren't doing the same with importing maps is because they do not have the technical wherewithal on their team to copy it.

EDIT:

See, again, because I want to make sure I am understood.

I would love to see all of you getting over your personal issues and focus on what you used to do - creating great mods for the dedicated Total War community.
    This is what I want.

My offer to give AE the script is still valid.

AE are the ones turning my offer down, opting instead to copy my feature.

I am not the one letting conflict get in the way of modding. My offer to give them this script is still valid. The only condition is that I am given accreditation.

AE is letting conflict get in the way. They are turning down a feature because they want to ensure I do not get credit for writing it.
    Last edited by Causeless; October 27, 2016 at 01:08 PM.

It's called letting something go, you will live longer and make more friends in life, sheesh.............................
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    It's called letting something go, you will live longer and make more friends in life, sheesh.............................
    I am the one offering a feature. They are the ones who are refusing it purely out of spite. I do not see what I need to let go of. They are the ones turning down the script because they want to ensure I have no accreditation.

What do you want me to do in this situation?

I dont need to give evidences to you or anyone, If I have something community may want to use, I share. Here in Attila I offered my help to some people, who told me exactly the same as you, I give them evidences, and I still help them, after insult me, if you dont want to believe me, its your problem. And if you want to know, I spend 17 hours per day between university and my work, with just half of the sunday free, so no, I havent the time to mod anything.

Anyway, I have any problem with you, I just try to keep these stupid discussion you make dissappear, for the good of the entire community because you try to hurt/attack AE team, but you're doing it to the whole modding community, and you know that same as me.

After our private conversation last time, I had hope to have a real, calm and logic conversation with you, I was wrong, sorry for that. So dont worry, I'll not respond any of your commets in the future. Keep destroying community, you guys are doing great.

And maybe AE refuse to accept your help because every time you offer it, is around a lot of accussation, attacks... Just like now. And your're doing this since you left the time. You're the one who doesnt leave the past in the past, today you started again a discussion. Maybe that is the real reason why they refuse to accept your help. Think about it. Not for the community, for you, if you really enjoy modding, try it, you'll discover a best modding world/time.

To be honest, I think you are a good modder, I told you, and I never told you the opposite, with a better attitude (with other modders, community, not just me) I'll like to work and share ideas/information with you, I told this you in the past and I repeat now. And I still have that hope, its difficult find modders with our skills in the last TW games.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast