Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunman in Dallas ambushes police officers directing traffic for Black Lives Matter march

Default Gunman in Dallas ambushes police officers directing traffic for Black Lives Matter march

3 Police Officers Dead After Shooting in Downtown Dallas

near the end of a Black Lives Matter march in Dallas protesting the recent police shootings caught on tape in Louisiana and Minnesota, a gunman began exchanging gunfire with police from the parking garage of El Centro College in downtown Dallas

early reports indicate the shots are coming from an elevated position, possibly using rifles, the scene is very chaotic, 11 police officers have been hit, 5 are dead, 2 civilian injuries

could this be civilian retaliation? and do we need urgent police reform and gun control legislation? why are trillions of dollars spent on researching and developing lethal weaponry when our society has such a desperate need for non-lethal weaponry?

Trump supporters are already calling for the national guard to come in and "mow them all down"

it has been reported that there were one or more people walking in the march while carrying what looks to be like AR-15 or some other "modern sporting rifle", as the firearms industry likes to market them

edit: seems like a case of mistaken identity by Dallas PD, as he had already turned his weapon in

4 suspects were believed to be involved but authorities believe it was now a lone gunman,

black nationalist and combat veteran Micah Xavier Johnson, who was said to be angry about recent police shootings and mentioned Black Lives Matter but was allegedly not affiliated with the group
    Last edited by snuggans; July 09, 2016 at 04:28 PM.

Default Re: Snipers in Dallas shoot 10+ police officers

1.It's structural.

2. The snipers aren't doing Black Lives Matter any favours.

3. The police would be a lot less nervous and trigger happy if there were less guns circulating around.

4. The police should be better trained and paid.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

The infusion of identity politics into this issue has been toxic. Police violence isn't new. It's not more common now than it was 4, 6, 8, 12 or 16 years ago. It was a problem then and no one cared about it. These sorts of incidences only draw attention when race relations are already tense and the media can play the bait game. And they almost seem to pick the most controversial types of cases in order to do it. So we get the hands-up, don't shoot narrative after Ferguson. The far more obvious cases of police violence get swept under the rug.

When the issue becomes about race, you have just created a massive wedge. You have politicized the issue for personal gain. And while blacks are shot at higher rates, there are a few hundred dead white people every year, as well. And plenty of them just as ugly. I have a nice long list of those that could be provided, many graphic. So some leftist says it's about racism, then some conservative tough-on-crime type can naturally point out the crime statistics and it goes on for an endless loop.

Libertarians have been focusing on this issue longer and more intensely than anyone. Then the entire thing is co-opted and made about race and libertarians end up getting mocked for suggesting that, I don't know, maybe people have to interact with cops too much because of a proliferation of stupid laws. Maybe police unions are out of god damn control. The left won't entertain those arguments, though. That doesn't feed the Democratic machine.

So we get a case in the last few days where a simple traffic stop over a broken taillight turns into a guy getting shot for no reason while reaching for his wallet. A busy body calling the cops because she saw a man in military camo and with a rifle (who was never found) supposedly leads to some other dude getting shot. A guy selling loose cigarettes/loitering gets choked to death. Every single law that is passed - everyone - comes with a potential penalty of death. It has the potential to lead to scenarios just like that.

Police unions have set-up special bills of rights for cops. They've created weird rules that somehow trump laws in many places. They prevent punishment of bad cops. They push the narrative that alls that matters is the cop making it home safely - to hell with what he does to ensure that happens.

could this be civilian retaliation? and do we need urgent police reform and gun control legislation? why are trillions of dollars spent on researching and developing lethal weaponry when our society has such a desperate need of non-lethal weaponry?
    And then right away this becomes about gun grabbing. Cops already have non-lethal options at their disposal.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Can't even claim that they were just randomly shooting when only officers were killed, though I am seeing people trying to spin it that way.

Targeted killings of police officers isn't going to help anyone, and will only make the whole situation worse. Though I can't help but notice that all my friends who were praying for the families of the two civilians killed yesterday and today are now suspiciously silent. I'm sure it's just a coincidence...

Edit: 11 shot, 4 dead now. I'm not sure if they were just updating the numbers on the initial incident or if another was killed while trying to find the guy.

Either way, this is a travesty.

https://twitter.com/DallasPD/status/751267894802079745
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; July 07, 2016 at 11:30 PM.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

witnesses are coming forward and challenging that the man in the photos being circulated by Dallas PD is the shooter, this could or could not be a case of mistaken identity. if it's not the guy this could be even more controversial

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    witnesses are coming forward and challenging that the man in the photos being circulated by Dallas PD is the shooter, this could or could not be a case of mistaken identity. if it's not the guy this could be even more controversial
    I read that he recently turned himself in, which does not sound like the actions of a shooter. But it does raise the question on why he had that at a protest, with or without an open-carry license.

Of course, I could be wrong. I'm watching what is basically the reddit live thread. I might just wait until tomorrow when we (hopefully) have more information so I don't make an ass out of myself.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Indefinitely Banned

thus begins the second civil war

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    I read that he recently turned himself in, which does not sound like the actions of a shooter. But it does raise the question on why he had that at a protest, with or without an open-carry license.

Of course, I could be wrong. I'm watching what is basically the reddit live thread. I might just wait until tomorrow when we (hopefully) have more information so I don't make an ass out of myself.
    his brother was just on TV and said that he gave the weapon to a nearby officer after shots began to ring out, cause he knew he would immediately be profiled

sooo, not only do we not have the shooter(s) but Dallas PD just possibly ruined this guy's life because he was walking around with an AR-15 and it's legal to open carry in Texas

Tea Party activist and former congressman, everybody

Tea Party is so goddamn stupid, and these cretins prove it

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post

1.It's structural.

2. The snipers aren't doing Black Lives Matter any favours.

3. The police would be a lot less nervous and trigger happy if there were less guns circulating around.

4. The police should be better trained and paid.
    This.

Looks as if some have taken to terrorism after the last two videos.

I did say it was a matter of concern last year..

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    So the question I pose is this, why are #blacklivesmatter seemingly leading the opposition to out of control police districts? Shouldn't all Americans be asking wtf is happening and that something be done?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-groups/page4

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    Libertarians have been focusing on this issue longer and more intensely than anyone. Then the entire thing is co-opted and made about race and libertarians end up getting mocked for suggesting that, I don't know, maybe people have to interact with cops too much because of a proliferation of stupid laws. Maybe police unions are out of god damn control. The left won't entertain those arguments, though. That doesn't feed the Democratic machine.

So we get a case in the last few days where a simple traffic stop over a broken taillight turns into a guy getting shot for no reason while reaching for his wallet. A busy body calling the cops because she saw a man in military camo and with a rifle (who was never found) supposedly leads to some other dude getting shot. A guy selling loose cigarettes/loitering gets choked to death. Every single law that is passed - everyone - comes with a potential penalty of death. It has the potential to lead to scenarios just like that.

Police unions have set-up special bills of rights for cops. They've created weird rules that somehow trump laws in many places. They prevent punishment of bad cops. They push the narrative that alls that matters is the cop making it home safely - to hell with what he does to ensure that happens.

I don't think the whole thing is focused on race, it more that black dissent is more organised. You are right in suggesting that it is more than a black problem , it is , I had opened a whole thread on the issue. Indeed one strange outcome of poor and lethal behaviour involves drawing weapons the shooting of pet dogs on sight, regardless of actual threat, in one instance killing the owner.

If the snipers were right-wing militiamen types, I wonder if that tweet would be worded differently.
    Last edited by mongrel; July 08, 2016 at 12:33 AM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Indefinitely Banned

white police murdering black civilians in cold blood and getting away with it

looks like race war to me

Image removed due to censor bypasses. Feel free to repost a censored version. -DBH

#BlackLivesMatter activists.

#BlackLivesMatter is so goddamn stupid, and these cretins prove it.

See what I did there? I took the fringe members of a party and painted the entire group in their image.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; July 08, 2016 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Censor bypasses

Blog Entries

his brother was just on TV and said that he gave the weapon to a nearby officer after shots began to ring out, cause he knew he would immediately be profiled

sooo, not only do we not have the shooter(s) but Dallas PD just possibly ruined this guy's life because he was walking around with an AR-15 and it's legal to open carry in Texas
    To be fair, he matched the description of the early reports of what the shooter(s) looked like. If he didn't do it then there will be no evidence of him having fired the weapon.

I'd rather an innocent guy turn himself in before the police officers see the guy resembling their only lead and open fire...wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    white police murdering black civilians in cold blood and getting away with it

looks like race war to me
    Black police kill people too.

To paraphrase a well worn-out phrase, the Police are not a race.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Indefinitely Banned

Black police kill people too.
    that's comforting;
    why dont you go and tell all these negro americans that they can go home and not cause a fuss because negroes kill other negroes in higher quantities than white cop on black action?

i think the time has come to use the well worn USG method of peace by staking out a new homeland for negro americans away from the death threats of the white community.
    i say they can take mississipi or wisconsin, noone gives a about those two states

Why are you so quick to highlight Joe Walsh while selectively ignoring #blacklivesmatter activists like this?

Last edited by tgoodenow; July 08, 2016 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    that's comforting;
    why dont you go and tell all these negro americans that they can go home and not cause a fuss because negroes kill other negroes in higher quantities than white cop on black action?

i think the time has come to use the well worn USG method of peace by staking out a new homeland for negro americans away from the death threats of the white community.
    i say they can take mississipi or wisconsin, noone gives a about those two states
    I don't you you will be able to contribute much to the discussion.

A crisis in American policing ,which it clearly down to poor training and benign neglect of longstanding grievances. It has just got worse because there is no way now that dangerous cops can get away with their lethal incompetence. Social media has put paid to that. It is a shame that people have now taken up terrorism due to the the inability of the authorities to deal with the issue.

Having seen the footage of the Minnesota killing, I had to ask myself why did the idiot policeman let an incapacitated man bleed out?

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/0...alcon-heights/
    Last edited by mongrel; July 08, 2016 at 01:02 AM.

Wonder when the NRA are going to comment on the police killing of 2 people who excercised their 2nd Amendment rights.

Blog Entries

It is a shame that people have now taken up terrorism due to the the inability of the authorities to deal with the issue.
    What exactly does the shooting of eleven police officers in Texas have to do with the shooting of a civilian in Wisconsin?

There is no relevant connection, and no one forced the shooter(s) to open fire on the police. That is completely on them, and they are the ONLY ones responsible for their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    Why are you so quick to highlight Joe Walsh while selectively ignoring #blacklivesmatter activists like this?
    ... because he is a former congressman??? because he is a Tea Party activist??? your "gotcha moment" should have been with an example of, say, a black former congressman cheering the deaths of police, not posts of random teens from facebook, i mean if you wanted to compare facebook right wing vitriol on this incident, you should have said so, but we should be more worried about those that can get into positions of power like government, such as Joe Walsh

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast