Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 520212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: PFM 4.1.2 - Warhammer support, also: 5.0, preliminary WH2 support

Default Re: PFM 4.1.2 - Warhammer support

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Thank you, that is the perfect way for me to see what's wrong.

I uploaded a schema update fixing this.
    That worked like a charm. Thanks!

Any ideas how to fix this? My experience with PFM has been extremely frustrating so far, errors after errors.

http://i.imgur.com/5diiipB.png

main_units_tables, building_levels_tables, technology_nodes_tables and campaign_mercenary_unit_character_level_restrictions_tables are all red for me now and I cannot see table content in my mods, why is this?

Also getting this error, http://i.imgur.com/MOquEcf.jpg when the autoupdate or manual update is run.

On Windows 10 Pro CU 1703 (OS Build 15063.13)

The problem is that I don't have a before file as all of my wsmodels basically broke after the update. I can provide you with screenshots before/after and the few exceptions that do still work. Anyway the reason I posted it here is that a lot of other modders seem to have the same problem and it might be worth looking into. I know that it is really hard trying to find something on this less evidence, but I simply don't have any before files that haven't been affected to compare with. It might be indeed be a code side problem and basically all files corrupted just after the update. I'll try to reproduce the problem with pfm and than come back. It is extreemly frustrating as all of my work with wsmodels has basically gone to waste.

if you want to have a look at the affected models, the mod is on the steam workshop. ( Affected units are in the description )

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=877556036

mhawari's Avatar Miles

Can somebody tell me how to delete the new "Row" on pfm ?

Hello there!

Interesting issue for those of you interested in interesting problems. I am self taught with PFM, so I'm going to detail my process step by step using screenshots.

The objective is to edit two of darthmod Napoleon's tables the fix his dumb ass autoresolve system.

First I load all game packs by going to the top and clicking the game tab, then "load all game tabs"

I then go into the db pack, and find the table I want, in this case its Darth_cdir_configs

https://gyazo.com/93d24ad45a060a37317b992c88a00b2c

^you can see here that I've altered two values to make autoresolve less punishing for the winner, and harsher for the loser.

Now comes the issue. Having made my changes, I go up to the file tab and click "save". The program starts taking up an absolutely massive amount of disk space, which you can see here

https://gyazo.com/386675fe36a3e819f1c4f0702d931050

It will continue to write until all my free disk space has been used. In which case it encounters an unhandeled exception and stops.

https://gyazo.com/56d7b53309b9a271450259e19b7f8f24

In this case, it actually did manage to change the values I wanted it to in the table, which is nice. Most of the time the program will just crash

https://gyazo.com/055a8bd33f837b9ee3ec20ffaefae807

^ the exception it hits

https://gyazo.com/4fbbc7373df49e2f2b0934efcfbdf965

^ the updated table

While I seem to be able to update the rows even when the exception hits, I can't save my changes to the pack file. When I try to quit out of the application, it always hits the "ran out of disk space" error, and my changed values are never stored

https://gyazo.com/3d34f93df2b69f1527046cd5fd913834

^the same row after restarting the application

So my guess is that it is managing to save my changes to the row, but then its working itself into some kind of infinite loop where its constantly copying the pack files or something and storing them on disk space. Interestingly, my disk space remains clogged even after the application is closed

https://gyazo.com/598f3e006bd2c00e57cf13c81158a47e

^ C drive with the application closed

It will only clear after I run clean up

https://gyazo.com/e79e8f31c514d2f54c759b731be95938

^drive after running cleanup

Any idea what's up?

Fixed it, just need to only important the darthmod main pak file

Hello, I've recently been having problems with PFM 4.1.2 to edit ROME II pack files. specifically the DIVIDE ET IMPERA part 1.pack(db) from steam. WHen i try to edit the tables all of them were blue-text and i get this error when i try to open one : http://imgur.com/a/03pV2. Any help would be appreciated, and again thank you for everyone supporting PFM and DIVIDE ET IMPERA XD

SinisterOmen's Avatar Libertus

Hi. I'm having issues with PFM of late. Basically whenever I try to open anything under the db tables the program just hangs for a little bit and then crashes. This started recently out of nowhere and I tried to re-download and update a couple of times and the issue still persists. I cannot edit anything due to this, is someone else having this problem too?
    I know there was a pretty big and important update for Windows 10 recently, maybe it's somehow related?

Hi daniu. I wanted to edit the models_building table, but it seems like it does not have a valid schema for warhammer. I tried making one myself, but wasn't succesful. When I try to open the table after making a schema for it I get a NullReferenceException, the exact same one that Strategos1997 linked actually.

Anyway, any help would really be appreciated, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos1997 View Post
    Hello, I've recently been having problems with PFM 4.1.2 to edit ROME II pack files. specifically the DIVIDE ET IMPERA part 1.pack(db) from steam. WHen i try to edit the tables all of them were blue-text and i get this error when i try to open one : http://imgur.com/a/03pV2. Any help would be appreciated, and again thank you for everyone supporting PFM and DIVIDE ET IMPERA XD
    That screenshot looks strange to begin with; all files are shown in blue, that would indicate that they're empty (which I'd assume they're not). This means the PFM read a 0 at where it expects the file size, which can't be right.
    I did read that someone had problems with packs downloaded from Steam Workshop, but never stumbled upon it myself. I did see some packs that were corrupted in a way to show all blue files, but those got corrupted at some other point and wouldn't work with the game either (which I assume Divide et Impera does)...
    So I can't really help you beyond those general statements, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterOmen View Post
    Hi. I'm having issues with PFM of late. Basically whenever I try to open anything under the db tables the program just hangs for a little bit and then crashes. This started recently out of nowhere and I tried to re-download and update a couple of times and the issue still persists. I cannot edit anything due to this, is someone else having this problem too?
    I know there was a pretty big and important update for Windows 10 recently, maybe it's somehow related?
    It's possible but improbable; I got the update as well, and can open packs fine.
    Does this happen with every pack file?

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Hi daniu. I wanted to edit the models_building table, but it seems like it does not have a valid schema for warhammer. I tried making one myself, but wasn't succesful. When I try to open the table after making a schema for it I get a NullReferenceException, the exact same one that Strategos1997 linked actually.
    Well the models_buildings and models_sieges files were never supported. They probably never will either because they don't have the usual db file format and are very complicated, I assume they're generated from 3d models so if you want to edit them you'd use a 3d model editor.
    They don't give me a NullReferenceException when I select them though, they're just shown as empty. I only try to open the vanilla packs though.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    It's possible but improbable; I got the update as well, and can open packs fine.
    Does this happen with every pack file?
    Thanks for the answer.
    Yes, that happens with all packs, even the ones I created myself. I also tried redownloading mods that I already had to see if the issue was still there, and sadly it is. I even tried to open the DB tables of the Data.pack itself and the same issue occurs. This happened all of the sudden as I've said which is most strange.
    This is for TW Attila, but it also happens to other TW games like Shogun 2. Not sure about Rome 2 or Warhammer since I don't have those installed at the moment.

Hey I've used this and there seems to be a problem, every time I save or use it my driver memory seems to decrease even though I just replaced my old save with the new save. need help, thank you

PitaboyDK's Avatar Libertus

Hey,

I have a problem with the new version of PFM.

Everytime i try to create a new unit mod, i get to put up all the tables and insert all information, and save multiple times.
    But then suddenly when i save again, the PFM exe crashes, and gives me the options to see details, continue or abort, and no matter which option i pick, the exe crashes and deletes my whole file from the computer, regardless of where the mod is stored.

I have re-created my mod 4 times now, and lost it all times, and now it's getting so tedious that i won't bother to try again.
    Anyone got any idea about what might be wrong? Newest version is applied, and newest schema too, and it's not a specific table which causes the crash.

Thanks for the answer.
    Yes, that happens with all packs, even the ones I created myself. I also tried redownloading mods that I already had to see if the issue was still there, and sadly it is. I even tried to open the DB tables of the Data.pack itself and the same issue occurs. This happened all of the sudden as I've said which is most strange.
    This is for TW Attila, but it also happens to other TW games like Shogun 2. Not sure about Rome 2 or Warhammer since I don't have those installed at the moment.

Are you using MSI Afterburner by any chance?

I had the same problem with Afterburner running, closing it down made PFM working fine.
    I have no idea why

Quote Originally Posted by Alexius.Dejan View Post
    Are you using MSI Afterburner by any chance?

I had the same problem with Afterburner running, closing it down made PFM working fine.
    I have no idea why
    Why yes, as a matter of fact I have MSI Afterburner running in the background all the time, and... wait a minute... That actually fixed the issue?! WHAT?
    This is the dumbest issue I've ever run into, and it makes little sense because I have MSI:A installed ever since I had Windows 7 and have been using PFM without any problems before... It's really weird, but hey if the solution is just as simple, then it works in my book.

I know that programs like FRAPS like to add FPS overlays to everything, from Youtube videos to Photoshop itself when you're working on images. That's why I use MSI:A, because it's less intrusive, plus it's free. I don't know, maybe it's a combination of things that makes MSI:A incompatible with PFM currently... But whatever, I can easily re-open MSI:A after I'm done working with PFM in about 3 seconds, so no big deal.
    In any event, finally fixed. Thanks bunches! I'm gonna pass this solution to the thread I opened in the Miscellaneous sub-forums, I'll give you the credits of course.

Why yes, as a matter of fact I have MSI Afterburner running in the background all the time, and... wait a minute... That actually fixed the issue?! WHAT?
    This is the dumbest issue I've ever run into, and it makes little sense because I have MSI:A installed ever since I had Windows 7 and have been using PFM without any problems before... It's really weird, but hey if the solution is just as simple, then it works in my book.

I know that programs like FRAPS like to add FPS overlays to everything, from Youtube videos to Photoshop itself when you're working on images. That's why I use MSI:A, because it's less intrusive, plus it's free. I don't know, maybe it's a combination of things that makes MSI:A incompatible with PFM currently... But whatever, I can easily re-open MSI:A after I'm done working with PFM in about 3 seconds, so no big deal.
    In any event, finally fixed. Thanks bunches! I'm gonna pass this solution to the thread I opened in the Miscellaneous sub-forums, I'll give you the credits of course.
    You are welcome mate, i am glad it worked

Can anyone tell me if there's an easier way to add a new, blank sub-table to primary tables? So if I wanted to create a new sub-table for main_units, is there a simple way to just "add" one in pfm, without needing to add from pack?
    Be on alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in Love. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

Quote Originally Posted by Steel*Faith View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there's an easier way to add a new, blank sub-table to primary tables? So if I wanted to create a new sub-table for main_units, is there a simple way to just "add" one in pfm, without needing to add from pack?
    I'm afraid there isn't one.
    It would be possible to add, but then you'd have to choose what DB version, and PFM would need to add some additional info that isn't even displayed. In these data items, there's never been a problem with just keeping the stuff that's already in when adding from pack; if I just made up something I'd have to make sure it works which I can't.

Also, it's easy enough to just add from pack, then delete all entries... so it's not really an issue that needs time spent on implementing, even if it's a feature everybody can reasonably expect.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum