Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Plumo's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Buff and Shine 1.6: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Thanks for the reply! I quickly selected Byzantines and started the game.
    Got an error an CTD after 2 mins (before next turn), something Medieval 2 related I fear.

Did you download and install all three parts of my mod? If you have maybe try this again as uploaded slight tweaks to all components yesterday.
    Also could you please post the crash log so I can see exactly what happened.

I don't know if it's included in BC or part of your submod, but when I actually tried to pick the option to be intolerant at turn 1 my own religion significantly decreased in cities while all the others increased. And I still could build edicts of religious tolerance.
    Last edited by nvm; April 13, 2017 at 01:09 PM.

Selgeguzid Atabeg silver textures from Kabuli Axemen and general (bodyguard). No icon for war galley. 122 turns no ctd.

The loyalty system can be very brutal. I lost many generals because of loyalty reduction to 0 and traits It`s no my king. It happens sometimes even as the king has a high authority. I had so Armenia and Seldeguguzid Atabeg. Very hard to build a metropolis. Submod is my favorite.

Good find nvm and Araven, these will be fixed in the next update. About half way finished adding the final faction to Buff and Shine. Hopefully over easter will have the time to get it done.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendGeneral View Post
    Good find nvm and Araven, these will be fixed in the next update. About half way finished adding the final faction to Buff and Shine. Hopefully over easter will have the time to get it done.
    Woooow! great news indeed!

Can you do like a stand alone 1,7 buff and shine?
    so that's would be easier for everyones to paste on Broke 2,4,2

WeekendGeneral mind if I ask a question? How is it in Broken Crescent that merchants are capable of creating thousands of florins while in other mods the hundreds is usually the limit? I've tinkered with the descr_sm_resources file in other mods and increased the trade value of some resources sometimes to above 40 yet merchants in those mods still make less than a 100 with their basic finances. On the other hand merchants in Broken Crescent even with a finance of 2 or 3 (basically average merchants freshly trained) when finding a resource can make 100+ at first go. Also, resources's trade value listed in the descr_sm_resources file in BC never go above 30. Are there other files, other values that need to be tweaked in other to imitate Broken Crescent's resources and merchants?

Thank you very much for this submod! Playing as Armenia and I'm amazed with the fun and balance (AI is doing reasonable things as well).

However, I started to have a constant bug/ctd when loading my last saved game (M2TW unspecified error). It started to occur after pressing "next turn" button, remembering instantly that I had forgot to do something important, and hence load the last save while the turn was going on (faction turns). Afterwards, I started to get that bug loading my last saves (usually do 2 saves per turn), despite restarting M2TW and the computer.

The only way to continue playing the campaign is to load a save 1, 2 or 3 turns before, which fortunately loads. Nevertheless, for instance, if I finish playing and load the last save (after surpassing the technical bug, being playing 10 more turns) the next day, I get again the unspecified M2TW ctd and I have to load a save 1, 2 or 3 turns from the previous time I played (not from the time when this bug started to occur)...

Why is this happening? It's the first time that I'm suffering this kind of odd behaviour, and it's quite annoying to lose progress in the campaign and alter the campaign track (different paths taken by the AI/factions in a few turns). I didn't have any CTD before, only after stopping the AI turn and loading my previous save that time... Where could I upload the logs in order to show them to you in case there is a solution?

To clarify, my computer is brand new, and I play in windowed mode.

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    WeekendGeneral mind if I ask a question? How is it in Broken Crescent that merchants are capable of creating thousands of florins while in other mods the hundreds is usually the limit? I've tinkered with the descr_sm_resources file in other mods and increased the trade value of some resources sometimes to above 40 yet merchants in those mods still make less than a 100 with their basic finances. On the other hand merchants in Broken Crescent even with a finance of 2 or 3 (basically average merchants freshly trained) when finding a resource can make 100+ at first go. Also, resources's trade value listed in the descr_sm_resources file in BC never go above 30. Are there other files, other values that need to be tweaked in other to imitate Broken Crescent's resources and merchants?
    Not sure if this is how it's done in BC but in the descr_strat the resources can be doubled, tripled, quadrupled, ect and that will essentially double, triple, etc the income of merchants.
    for example you could put "resource wool, 47, 260" and just repeat it however many suits your fancy or you could copy paste the whole list and double all of them. Hope I made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    Merchant's earning power was modded by tweaking their income_modifier and trade_bonus_offset in the descr_campaign_db. It's pretty minor and easy change.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofo View Post
    Thank you very much for this submod! Playing as Armenia and I'm amazed with the fun and balance (AI is doing reasonable things as well).

However, I started to have a constant bug/ctd when loading my last saved game (M2TW unspecified error). It started to occur after pressing "next turn" button, remembering instantly that I had forgot to do something important, and hence load the last save while the turn was going on (faction turns). Afterwards, I started to get that bug loading my last saves (usually do 2 saves per turn), despite restarting M2TW and the computer.

The only way to continue playing the campaign is to load a save 1, 2 or 3 turns before, which fortunately loads. Nevertheless, for instance, if I finish playing and load the last save (after surpassing the technical bug, being playing 10 more turns) the next day, I get again the unspecified M2TW ctd and I have to load a save 1, 2 or 3 turns from the previous time I played (not from the time when this bug started to occur)...

Why is this happening? It's the first time that I'm suffering this kind of odd behaviour, and it's quite annoying to lose progress in the campaign and alter the campaign track (different paths taken by the AI/factions in a few turns). I didn't have any CTD before, only after stopping the AI turn and loading my previous save that time... Where could I upload the logs in order to show them to you in case there is a solution?

To clarify, my computer is brand new, and I play in windowed mode.

Thank you very much in advance!!!

I can't tell you exactly what is happening without seeing your logs you should be able to find them if you at (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\logs

Attach the logs you find there to your post.

Occasionally I've seen MTW2 be tempremental with some newer graphics cards if the do not have the most recent update

Thank you so much for the reply, WeekendGeneral!

Here are attached the required logs. That's weird... If so, it would be happening to other M2TW mods as well, but not for the moment...

Will update the graphic drivers, though, just in case. Cheers!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

What is the most realistic difficulty setting for this?

Hi All,

I've been very busy with real life and my work on buff and shine has slowed down to a crawl.

Hoping to upload the new faction and improved mongol performance update by early next week please continue to list any bugs or issues you face and I will attempt to remedy them in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofo View Post
    Thank you so much for the reply, WeekendGeneral!

Here are attached the required logs. That's weird... If so, it would be happening to other M2TW mods as well, but not for the moment...

Will update the graphic drivers, though, just in case. Cheers!
    It looks like you are missing some core components from Broken Crescent 2.42 is that fully installed? Is the crash occurring for every save game or just one corrupted save as that has occurred for me with MTW2 before.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldgrimr View Post
    What is the most realistic difficulty setting for this?
    For battles I'd recommend hard/very hard like most MTW2 mods.

As for the Campaign, the AI receives an income bonus to offset its stupidity, this bonus is independent of difficulty rating.

Difficulty changes what bonus the player receives. On easy difficulty the player gets a bonus to their kings purse and starting cash, while at very hard they receive nothing.

Some of the new features can be a bit of a curve ball for some I'd recommend for a first attempt of this mod playing one of the easier factions (Jerusalem/Ghurids/Sindh) on hard and for the more challenging factions (Egypt/Ghaznavids/Kiev) on normal.

Den Stark's Avatar Tiro

Greetings! Would you like to add Mordovian units (or the all Mordovian faction) and Russian bandits, hunters and ushkuiniki for mercenaries from the Rusichi Mongol Invasion to your mod?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ongol-Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendGeneral View Post
    It looks like you are missing some core components from Broken Crescent 2.42 is that fully installed? Is the crash occurring for every save game or just one corrupted save as that has occurred for me with MTW2 before.
    Thank you again for your reply! No worries, take your time We can't demand anything but being grateful with modders.

Yes, I installed this Broken Crescent's version from the official link: Broken Crescent 2.4.2 (but the file says 2.4...). In case I hadn't have the right version installed, I would have started to encounter some bugs before than stopping that AI turn... I didn't suffer any bug/CTD before, everything was perfectly stable.

It's not the same save file that gets corrupted. For instance, if I want to play today and load the last saved game from the previous day, this one got corrupted... So I have to load another save from 1, 2 or 3 turns earlier than the latest save, in order to being able to load again the campaign. So, basically, the next day that I want to play implies losing the progress from these previous turns, and having to pass them again without any issue. The issue reapears in case I had made a mistake/forgot to order anything and I wanted to load the latest save (despite being in the same day), I simply lose the progress from some turns. If I keep on playing without loading a save, everything runs fine... Isn't it very weird? Never suffered the same before with M2TW mods :-S Cheers!!!

Haven't had a chance to play the mod yet, but there is so much great stuff here, in the preview and in going over the files. I do have a suggestion and a few questions. Suggestion:
    Move agent recruitment over to the faction specific barracks. Also make the recruitment contingent on other building present. So a koj1 building can build a priest if a Church is present. This would really help with the agent spam. I did it on my own mod for BC 2.3.
    Next, two questions (not only specific to your mod): Why not use movement modifiers in the EDU? That way, archer units without shields can be made a little faster, and spearmen with big shields a little slow? Just surprised this tool isn't used. Lastly, recruitment preferences can be added, which would make the AI more likely to produce the units the mod maker wants them to. I made both of these changes to EDU in my personal mod, and they do add quite a lot to the game, especially army composition.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.